PDA

View Full Version : Backpacks on Rides

Magic Smiles
11-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Are there any rides where you cannot take your backpack?
I am thinking about purchasing one of those backpacks that have special storage for my cameras, but do not want to leave my backpack sitting on the floor where you disembark.

DDuck66
11-16-2007, 10:50 AM
My DW always has her back pack and I cannot think of any ride that she had to leave it behind. Almost all of the fast rides have a smal storage space and in the slow dark rides, she puts at her feet and places the strap around her leg. The only place I would beware is if you took it on any of the water rides. If you do make sure it is closed and waterproof.

KylesMom
11-16-2007, 10:57 AM
We usually have a backpack and a camera bag and have no problem stowing it either in our laps, on the floor of the ride or in the compartments the attractions provide.

but do not want to leave my backpack sitting on the floor where you disembark This really is not an option. We've seen CMs vehemently tell guests they cannot leave bags unattended. Two rides that come to mind where we've seen guests & CMs "arguing" are BTMRR and Splash Mtn.

Fallendroplet
11-16-2007, 11:08 AM
We've seen CMs vehemently tell guests they cannot leave bags unattended. Two rides that come to mind where we've seen guests & CMs "arguing" are BTMRR and Splash Mtn.

As a former CM at BTMRR...it's very important to take your bag on the ride with you. CM's can't be held responsible if something happened to your belongings while you were on the ride...and what if it was a bomb? Just like you're not supposed to leave luggage unattended at the airport...

To my knowledge, there aren't any rides that say you can't bring your backpack with you.

LibertyTreeGal
11-16-2007, 11:22 AM
No rides at WDW ban the backpack, but I believe Universal Orlando has at least one ride that does (they give you free use of a locker). I think it's MIB, but I'm not sure...

jrpersinger
11-16-2007, 11:34 AM
We take a backpack and a camera backpack (SLR cam-bag) and we take them both on all rides with us. Water rides, excluding Kali River Rapids, we have never had a issue of them getting wet or atleast enough to cause issues. On Kali, we use the place provided. On other rides, we wear them backwards or hook them to our legs.

luvkatiebug
11-16-2007, 12:12 PM
I have never had a problem taking a backpack on a ride. If it is a fast ride (or upside down like RnR), I switch it to the front of my body so I don't squish it. The restraints that come down kind of go around it. It should not be a problem. Enjoy! :mickey:

AllDisney
11-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Never in all our trips to WDW have we ever had an issue with rides & backpacks. We have always had backpacks (when kids were little) to backpack for DH & myself. You'll need the backpack if you, due to the weather forecast, need that umbrella or jacket at some time during the day or evening.

All the Cast Members are there to offer you a tip on where, perhaps, is the best place to store it during the ride. Some of the rides, as mentioned before, have designated places to store them.

Take the backpack!

Jasper
11-16-2007, 02:23 PM
The only time I ever saw a problem with a backpack was the couple that had a HUGE pack that looked like they were going camping in the mountains for a month!!! The male of the couple eventually got himself and his pack tucked into the rocket on Space Mountain but it was a struggle to do so.

I so bad wanted to remind them that they were in a a theme park and not the middle of a desert Island where they needed to bring all their supplies to survive!! I understand needing or wanting a few things but there is a point for anyone that it just becomes overkill!

BelleandtheBeast
11-16-2007, 04:33 PM
I have never had any problems taking a bag onthe rides. I even took my backpack on space mountain, I just put it down by my feet and put my foot through the strap. No one told me too not take it. Just make sure the padding is thick so that if the camera gets bumped around it will be safe.

Magic Smiles
11-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I know at Universal that you have to store them in lockers for a few of the rides. Luckily DH doesn't do the Roller Coasters at IOA so he can hang onto it there. I never thought of wearing it on the front for some of the rides. Great idea. I actually did buy the backpack today and it has lots of padding for the cameras and a small storage space up top for other items - like rain capes. Not that we will need them:mickey:

18 days 12 hours 52 minutes till departure, but who's counting?

MinnieMommie
11-16-2007, 08:55 PM
I frequently bring a backpack to the parks and have never had a problem. :mickey: