PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed........

daparish
11-15-2007, 06:29 PM
I am not sure if anyone remembers but I posted last month that my MIL had a stroke on 10/15. She passed away a week later. It has been really hard because she lived with dh and I since we got married and I miss her so much. She was really a second mom to me. DH just called and he is at the emergency room with his brother (he is 18 years older than dh). They think he may have had a stroke. They are waiting for the results of the MRI. He is awake and talking but a little slurred so it is not as serious as my MIL's stroke but I just can't believe that 1 month to the day we are going through this all over again.

DisneyDudet
11-15-2007, 06:42 PM
I am so sorry. I hope they caught it in time to attempt to reverse it with some Heparin or other means. Since he's young, he may be able to regain everything lost from this with therapy and time. Looks like the family needs to be tested for risks of stroke.

Please keep us updated. I am so very sorry you have to go through this, with such a short time since the death of your MIL.

Prayers and :pixie: are on the way from Texas!

Fallendroplet
11-15-2007, 06:47 PM
You and your family are in my prayers.

kakn7294
11-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Oh Lori! I'm so sorry that you have to go through this all over again! :pixie: and prayers are coming your way. You know you can send me a PM if you need to - I'll help if I can.

ElenitaB
11-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Lori, sorry that your family is going through this again. Of course, as you know, the sooner he was seen and treated in the ER, the better.

Here's :pixie: for a quick recovery and prayers as well.

Melanie
11-15-2007, 07:47 PM
I'm very sorry to hear of this setback, Lori. :( Prayers and :pixie: to your entire family.

ChipnDaleGal
11-15-2007, 08:33 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your poor brother in law, Lori. :pixie: that he comes through this and makes a full recovery. I am so sorry that your family has been through so much in such a short time.

Jeff
11-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Wow! Your family has been through some tough times as of late.
I will keep you in my prayers.

Beast_fanatic
11-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Lots of :pixie: headed to you and your family...

IloveJack
11-16-2007, 08:03 AM
I'll be remembering you in my prayers. Here's hoping he has a speedy recovery, and is doing well soon.

merlinmagic4
11-16-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope the night has brought better news. Keep us updated. :pixie:

MsMin
11-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Lori, I was thinking of you yesterday. I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. Please let me know if I can do anything. If you want to go for coffee or shopping (just to get out) let me know. You know some of us are planning a meet (shopping excursion )in Foley, it would be great if you could come and get away. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers :pixie: and your DH and BIL too. :angel:

offwego
11-16-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Hopefully the quick treatment will give you a postitive outcome.

faline
11-16-2007, 11:18 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: I wish your brother-in-law has a speedy recovery.

Please let us know how he is doing.

daparish
11-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks everyone. My BIL is doing much better. He was released from the hospital yesterday. It was a TIA which I think is a "mini stroke". They are treating him with medication . Hopefully the medicine helps because the dr told him this was a warning sign that a major stroke was on the way. We seem to take one step forward and three back in my family. My nephew called me about a month ago and was crying. His wife was pregnant. I have never heard a man so happy to be having a baby. They have been trying since they were married three years ago. I just found out she lost the baby. I feel so bad for them because this is all they both ever talk about and to make matters worse he is in the airfoce and they are stationed in Alaska. I know they must feel so alone without any family.

conorsmom2000
11-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Lori, while I'm so happy to hear that your BIL is doing better, I'm truly sorry for all that your family has been through recently. It always seems, at least for us, that things just seem to happen all at once - I wish I knew why that was. :( Just two weeks ago, within a 3 hour timeframe, we were told about a suicide (a friend of DH's), a lost baby (DH's cousin, 7 months pregnant with twins) and a stroke (a neighbor). :( It was awful. Please know that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm sending much pixie dust to help you through! :pixie: :pixie:

mrsgaribaldi
11-18-2007, 02:19 AM
I'm so sorry for all the health problems and sadness. I'm glad your brother in law is doing better. Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie: on the way.

kakn7294
11-18-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm glad to hear that your BIL will be fine - as scary as this was, it's good that he had this warning before something far worse happens. I'm sorry about the baby - I wish the best of luck to them on starting their family. Hopefully God will bless them with the child they want so badly.