PDA

View Full Version : All Theme Park Decorations

DNS
11-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Are all of the park decorations up now? What all do they do with each park? I've only heard of the Osborne lights at MGM and the lights on Main Street U.S.A.

PlutoLover
11-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Click Here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/default.asp)

For all the info on Christmas in WDW, and there are tons of threads about everything too

:santa3:

BelleandtheBeast
11-15-2007, 07:12 PM
That link above is very informative. I was wondering about the decorations myself.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-16-2007, 03:32 AM
The tree at MK isn't up - I was told it's not going up until after the taping of the parade.

Hayden's Dad
11-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Is the "Deck the Hall with Donald" at Animal Kingdom different than the new breakfast with Donald at Tusker House? That would be great to have breakfast with the characters in holiday attire.

LandFan
11-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Wow - I'm going to be doing a lot of resort visiting this trip! It seems like there is SOOOO much to see during Xmas!!:thumbsup: 6 days:D

Taja
11-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Wow - I'm going to be doing a lot of resort visiting this trip! It seems like there is SOOOO much to see during Xmas!!:thumbsup: 6 days:D

Visiting the resorts during the holidays is one of my favourite things to do! I usually schedule two separate times--one for the monorail resorts and one for the EPCOT resorts. Depending on time constraints, I usually try to visit one or two of the values and mods, as well. :thumbsup:

DNS
11-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Is there anything special at AK, other than the parade?

Jasper
11-17-2007, 12:34 PM
We have taken the majority of our Disney trips starting the Wednesday one week before Thanksgiving and then leaving either the day before or the day of Thanksgiving. Most years we found that the Christmas decorations were largely completed by the Monday of Thanksgiving week.

As for when the lights go on, the general lights on things like the Christmas trees, street decorations, and the like normally get turned on either the night before Thanksgiving or on Thanksgiving day. Special shows like the Osborne lights go on at various times. Most years the Osborne lights were either formally or informally on and available to be viewed by the weekend before Thanksgiving. We have not been back to WDW during this time period for a couple of years so some of this may have changed but this was the general scheme of things as of 2005.

Have Fun!!!

Fozzy Beer
11-19-2007, 04:51 AM
Anyone know how updated this site is? If its updated it has very good news for the highly disputed Country Bears Christmas overlay....

Magic Kingdom

The Magic Kingdom Park is decked out in holiday style with a variety of activities and events. Main Street U.S.A. will feature a nightly tree-lighting ceremony. Guests can catch holiday-themed shows around the park, including:

"Belle's Enchanted Christmas" at Fairy Tale Garden.
"Celebrate the Season" at Cinderella Castle forecourt stage.
"Twas the Night Before Christmas" at the Galaxy Palace Theater.
"Country Bear Christmas Special" at Grizzly Hall in Frontierland.

:beer:

baby minnie's mommy
11-19-2007, 03:46 PM
I'd like to know what shows are done during regular hours. We don't plan to do MVMCP this time, and I noticed somewhere on here that most shows are during that party... Are there any we'll be able to see? (Besides the 5:45 castle lighting:))

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-20-2007, 12:41 AM
Shows that are performed during the parties cannot be seen during the day. They are exclusively for those attending the event.

tinkerbell04
11-21-2007, 02:47 PM
The tree at MK isn't up - I was told it's not going up until after the taping of the parade.

This is how it has been for at least the past two years.

Country Bear Christmas Special" at Grizzly Hall in Frontierland
I do not think that the Country Bears holiday show will be shown this year, it wasn't shown last year either :mickey: