PDA

View Full Version : Lunch: Mama melrose or prime time cafe?

sloslo
11-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Which is better, for lunch, in your opinion?

disneycouple2004
11-15-2007, 10:03 AM
These 2 are totally different so it really depends on what you feel like at the time..
Good ole home cooking with a big show and lots of laughs to go with it...(Primetime)
or..Nice quiet pizza, pasta, wine, and dine..and dark romantic lighting..italian food at its best !!..(Mama Melrose)

we prefer Mama Melrose..:thumbsup:

KylesMom
11-15-2007, 10:10 AM
We prefer Mama Melrose:wine: The ambiance is great and we love the food & service. It's a nice place to take a break and recharge the batteries.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-15-2007, 10:57 AM
We've been to both, and really enjoyed PT for lunch. The food was good, service awesome and the interaction with the servers was great.

Mama Melrose was OK, but we didn't love it...the food was very regular, nothing special and the server seemed to forget about us a couple of times.

So, my vote is for PT...as long as you're ready to play along and have fun :mickey:

KarenP
11-15-2007, 11:28 AM
I prefer the food and atmosphere at 50's Primetime.

Here we go again...
11-15-2007, 12:01 PM
We ate at both places in July and I really did not care for the food or service at Mama Melrose. I was so excited about finally getting to eat there and it was such a let down. The service was really bad and the food was just okay. We may give it another chance one day...

At 50's Prime Time we always get a good meal. The amount of fun you have depends on your server. Some have lots of fun and others just don't get into it as much. No matter what, you will get a good meal.... try the pot roast. :tasty:

lightyearfan
11-15-2007, 01:32 PM
i would say goto the 50's Prime Time me and dw have been to both 2 times for each and both times we enjoyed the food and service much better at the Prime Time. the first time that we went to Mama Melrose, we just thought that it was a bad day, so we gave it a shot on our next trip down, and it was the same, the food just isn't good (IMHO). 50's food is nice and simple and it really does bring good old fashioned home cooking.

VIctor

DDuck66
11-16-2007, 10:34 AM
IMHO, I would have to vote for Prime Time. The one time I went to MM, the service was slow, the food was cold, and the taste was not all that good.
We frequent PT on every trip and we even use the same waitress every time (when she is working). It is one of our favorites, and even if we do not always get good interaction, we have never left hungry.

poeticeclipse
11-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Depends on what you are looking for. I think that whenever you ask a question about Mama Melrose, you should expect very mixed reviews. You will get those that loved it, hated it, and even in between.

I'm one that can't tell you one or the other because they are so different. I love both, but for different reasons. Whatever you do... don't let other reviews sway your opinion. Just go by what sounds best to you.

Tink's Friend
11-17-2007, 10:08 PM
I've eaten at both and like both. I think that choosing between the two will really come down to what you're looking for.

If you're looking for a home cooking type meal, with a fun twist, then go for 50s Prime Time. Although I didn't like some of the seasonings they used, the other five people in our party through the food was really good--just a matter of taste, I suppose. And the server was great.

For a more laid back, traditional Italian meal, then go for Mama Melrose. We ate at MM last week and had a great experience. Both the salmon and the eggplant were really good. I do need to say that they've "dumbed down" their wine list though. They used to have a good selection of Italian wines, with some that you couldn't find anywhere else on Disney property (except maybe California Grill); but now it's just a pretty standard run-of-the-mill wine list.

Suzanne Q
Bristol, TN (but currently at Fort Wilderness)

GrmGrninGost
11-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Prime Time, hands down! :mickey:

comicguy
11-18-2007, 10:15 AM
I would not eat at MM's The one time we did eat there the food was bad, the service was aweful, and management was unresponsive to our concerns.

We have eaten at PT a number of times and have always loved it. Great food and awesome service.

Polynesian Dweller
11-18-2007, 12:20 PM
It always amazes me the statements that are made about Mama Melrose like the food was bad. Hmm, never experienced bad food there ourselves. Its actually always been quite good when we've been there.

Don't be put off by those kinds of comments. The best thing to do is to read the menus carefully. You won't find your typical spaghetti and meatballs or lasagna at Mama Melrose. If you expect that you will be disappointed. We, however, like the Mama Melrose style of Italian food and are never disappointed. A lot of it comes down to expectation IMHO. So, my advice for any ofthe restaurants is like any in any city, do your homework and decide if its the kind of food you like. If not then don't go. If yes, then give it a try. That way you won't be disappointed.