PDA

View Full Version : Expedition Everest ride info

sloslo
11-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Does anyone know where I can see really detailed info on this ride? My DW is a little scared of coasters so I think she wants to see a lot of pics and videos.

catsmommy555
11-15-2007, 09:29 AM
We love this roller coaster, but it is different because you go backwards for some of it. If you do a search on youtube they have lots of clips of the ride.

RedheadWriter
11-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Yes, youtube is a good source for videos of the ride. My parents and I rode for the first time 2 weeks ago. Loved it. It is faster and higher than BTMR so you might want to compare it to that for your daughter. My mom was apprehensive, but as soon as we got off the first ride, she was ready to go right back on! LOL.
Enjoy!
Rachel

thejens
11-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Tell your wife that the part you see from the park (the steep ascent) makes it look much scarier than it really is. For me the ascent was the worst part. I am pretty wimpy, but I really liked EE. All the drops are curved so it doesn't feel as scary. The backward part was smooth and quick and curved which made it less frightening for me. It's on the scary level of Space Mountain for me. Not as scary as TOT.

DisneyDudet
11-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Its a good mix between RnRC as far as speed and fun, and BTMRR as far as the cars and overall feel.

There's a story behind it, which makes it fun. It does go forward pretty fast (not as fast as RnRC, but its not as slow as BTMRR), and backward as well. That is the funnest part for me!

Ok.. I'm a rollercoaster junkie!

I would totally youtube and google video it. That would probably get you a good visual, even though it will take all the fun out of it for everyone!