PDA

View Full Version : Where's it at

LONESTAR
11-14-2007, 09:30 PM
I've been going to FW forever and I have never seen the lawn mower tree. Where's it at? I bought a golf cart and plan on doing some looping. So I want to see it. This will be my first time with a cart. Me and the DW had been using bikes but decided to upgrade. But when I was a kid we walked everywhere. Don't miss that. :dale: Back to the FORT in 6 days :chip:

Mollywobbles
11-15-2007, 11:05 AM
The tree is near the beach/boat launch. If I remember correctly it is off to the right if you are heading towards Pioneer Hall. Once you get off the path that leads from the boat area look to the right. I think that over the years the tree has grown so much around the lawn mower that it's a little hard tell that it's there.

drummerboy
11-15-2007, 12:41 PM
I believe you'll need to park the cart and walk down the path toward the boat launch.

faline
11-15-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm sure the tree has grown a bit! I remember stopping to look at this tree more than 20 years ago!

If you start at Pioneer Hall, walk along the walkway towards the dock. As you get even with the store off to your right, begin to examine the trees that are just off the walkway on your left. The lawnmower tree should be somewhere in this area. It might even be a little before you get even with the store.

PlutoToo
11-22-2007, 09:03 PM
The lawn mower tree is just about straight across from settlement hall right before the cart parking on the left as you go to the marina. There is a dign that says lawnmower tree and the tree top has been cut off. You have to look close at the bottom on the left side of the tree to see a portion of the blade.

Here we go again...
11-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Okay, what is a lawnmower tree? :confused:

faline
11-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Okay, what is a lawnmower tree? :confused:

It's a tree trunk that has part of an old lawnmover blade in it. The tree apparently grew with the blade stuck in it.

Here we go again...
11-26-2007, 02:13 AM
It's a tree trunk that has part of an old lawnmover blade in it. The tree apparently grew with the blade stuck in it.

Thank you... I have seen the shoe tree, but not the lawnmower tree. :mickey:

SgtTigger
11-26-2007, 08:18 PM
I can tell you that the tree has been cut.... But it is still there.... I do believe that I read that the it was struck by lighting of something but they just cut the top off.........
I did see it just s few days ago.......

:cop: :tigger:

mickey98
11-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Thank you... I have seen the shoe tree, but not the lawnmower tree. :mickey:

The shoe tree is now gone...