PDA

View Full Version : Yachtsman's Steak House?

KylesMom
11-14-2007, 04:51 PM
We're in the beginning stages of planning our 2008 ADRs, and would like to know what everyone thinks about Yachtsman's Steak House.

It appears there are some tasty cuts of meat on their menu. How does it compare to - let's say - LeCellier as far as the quality and quantity of food?
What is the atmosphere - casual or more upscale?
How has the service been - good or spotty?
Is it a kid-friendly (DS-10) restaurant?

We always try a few new eateries each trip, and I've got my eye on this one - but I'd like to hear what everyone's thoughts are before I suggest it to DH.

Thanks for the feedback on my questions, as well as any other items you have to add! :wine:

TKDONALD
11-14-2007, 05:13 PM
I LOVED THE Yachtsman's Steak House. IT IS AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN LeCellier. IT IS KID FRIENDLY FROM WHAT I SAW. LIKE ANY OTHER PLACE YOU EAT AT DISNEY, THERE ARE PEOPLE DRESSED DIFFERNT WAYS. I WOULD SAY SINCE IT IS IN A RESORT, I WOULD WEAR NICE PANTS AND A COLLOR POLO. BUT REALLY I SAW PEOPLE IN SHORTS. THE ATMOSHERE IS GREAT AND SO WAS THE SERVICE. I HIGHLY RECOMEND IT TO ANYONE.

DVC Mike
11-14-2007, 08:05 PM
I highly recommend the Yachtsman Steakhouse! The food and service are great.

DebK
11-14-2007, 08:07 PM
I would say the quality is better than LeCellier. I always have my husband and son wear a shirt with a collar there, as the atmosphere is "business casual". We've always had good service. There is a kids' menu and we've been going there since our son was 4 or 5 and he has been fine.

Bethanymouse
11-14-2007, 11:08 PM
It appears there are some tasty cuts of meat on their menu. How does it compare to - let's say - LeCellier as far as the quality and quantity of food? We love Le Cellier, but the steak at Yachtsman is a higher quality in my opinion. We really enjoy it
What is the atmosphere - casual or more upscale? I think it is a bit of both. It is more upscale than Le Cellier but not as upscale as California Grill attire. It is a comfortable atmosphere and the wait staff is wonderful
How has the service been - good or spotty?We had a great experience there with the service. Our waitress was fabulous!
Is it a kid-friendly (DS-10) restaurantI think it is definately kid friendly.
I hope that you give it a try. We really enjoyed it on our trip 2 years ago. It is one of our favorites to do when we travel with the whole family. Enjoy!

Crow
11-15-2007, 12:06 AM
pretty much agree w above
1 of the best steaks ive had. more exp than Le Cellier. had a salad that was ok. breadsticks are better at Le Cellier for the bread part.
service was ok not overly great but adequate. they did bring me the wrong dessert. i was on DDP so not sure if i would go again OOP. atmosphere nothing special. ive found even CA Grill to have people in shorts but id say business casual.

Taja
11-15-2007, 01:33 PM
The food, service and atmosphere were better than LeCellier during our October 2006 WDW visit.

Apart from the fact that we had very poor service at LeCellier (it was about 40% full), I like the table spacing at Yachtsmans' (LeCellier really packs the people in too closely)--and they got my order right the first time! We had a terrific server Yachtsmans Steakhouse--she was attentive without hovering. And they were closer to capacity when we were dining than LeCellier was.

The food at LeCellier was very good (when they finally got my order right on the fourth try)--it was more the service and lack of elbow room that disenchanted me. And we previously loved LeCellier!

iheartdisney
11-15-2007, 02:35 PM
We have had similar experiences as the others here have posted. We love Yachtman's Steakhouse and over the past few years have enjoyed it over Le Cellier. We ate there last trip with a 2 and 3 year old and while our boys are used to restaurant dining it was very family friendly. It is Disney World, after all! Enjoy!

tikiman
11-15-2007, 02:39 PM
I did Yachtsman and LeCellier fir the first time last May and I liked Yachtsman much more than LeCellier. I would return to Yachtsman but not LeCellier.

The biggest difference was the quality of the food and how it was cooked. Both had good service.

pox24
11-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Best place for Steak next to Shula's on property.

BelleandtheBeast
11-15-2007, 06:01 PM
:thumbsup:I have not been there yte, but it is on our list. I have only heard good things about the restaurant though and am looking forward to eating there.