PDA

View Full Version : Whose going out on Black Friday?

DizNee143
11-14-2007, 04:27 PM
i did it for the first time last year and i think i will be doing it again this year!!
although i didnt really get any gifts last year..i did get myself many nice things for cheap!! lol..
this year i wanna go to target..i went to kohls last year with some friends..but even if i have to go solo..im going to target..
when do you usually find out about all the crazy sales??
so who is gonna brave the cold weather and early early morning to get some good deals??

disneydrmr
11-14-2007, 04:29 PM
I'll be working that day.... the day after Thanksgiving is not a holiday for my office. But my supervisor is taking the day off as a vacation day so she can go out shopping. She's done this since she started here! I think I've done it once in my whole life and NEVER AGAIN! I always try to have all my shopping done BEFORE Black Friday!

disneydeb
11-14-2007, 04:34 PM
I love to get up early and go to Wal-Mart to save a few dollars, beat the crowds.... ahh the thrill of the hunt, the conquest of knowing you got a great deal!:thumbsup:

IloveJack
11-14-2007, 04:40 PM
I go every year. It's a tradition! My Mom and I get up at 4am and are in town well before the stores open.
Now that I'm married, dh and I have to either get up even earlier to get to mom's house, or we have to spend the night there.
On Thanksgiving day, we'll pass the paper around before dinner, look at the sales papers, and map out our plan. Last year, we were in the same vehicle, but split up on foot. This year, I hope we can stay together!
This year, dh and I already have all but 3 gifts purchased :number1: (other than for each other), so we'll just be looking for good deals for ourselves. We usually end up stocking up on dvds on that Friday.

one2goofy
11-14-2007, 05:28 PM
If you go to Google and type it in, you can already see the ads...I was checking them out online last night! Good luck!

mttafire
11-14-2007, 05:35 PM
... Friday morning; We will be out in full force!
Capitalism..gotta LOVE it!:mickey::thumbsup:
I just hope we dont spend too much.:blush:
Shawn

1goofyfamily
11-14-2007, 05:36 PM
I haven't found anything that seems like that great of a deal in all the ads that I've seen other than your bigger ticket items like TVs & computers where you can save several hundred dollars . I know Walmart has sent legal letters to the Black Friday sites and made them take down their ad. Plus a lot of places like Kohls & Pennys have started sales earlier this year because they know 1 weekend isn't going to save them with the down turn everything has taken. I normally work and stop at Best Buy and pick up things for everyone else on my way in to save them the trip. But since it will be the 1st day my wife has taken off this year I figured to take it off too so we can all just sleep in.

PirateLover
11-14-2007, 05:43 PM
I've never gone Black Friday shopping, but I was thinking about checking it out one year. I doubt I'll buy anything because I despise waiting in long lines but we'll see... good luck to all who brave the crowds for that elusive deal!

mudpuppysmom
11-14-2007, 06:04 PM
I've been going for years.....usually I go by myself because no one else in my family is crazy enough to go with me!

One year my mom went with me and that was it.....she said once was enough for her. Of course, we were at Walmart, so that is why I think she said she had enough -- if you have never gone to Walmart, it's nuts!!

Last year I actually helped on of my friends neighbors by hauling a drum set she bought and could not fit in her car!! I delivered it later that day to her parents house and the guy was like "WHO are you lady?"......Yeah, it was weird, but sometimes you gotta help people out!

This year so far from what I've seen on the Black Friday sites, I'm not really going for anything in particular.....Toys R Us has absolutely nothing for our house, so I won't be heading there. Maybe Target and Kohls this year......

At any rate, I will be going slower since I found out we're going to add another "spawn" as DH calls them, to our family (he means it lovingly I am sure).

jennbunn
11-14-2007, 06:15 PM
i am a huge black friday shopper. my ds and i will hit target,toys r us, pennys,kohls and macys for sure. my sis may also join us this year as well.

lebo
11-14-2007, 06:18 PM
we are going to Vanity Fair this year. Starts at 12:00 am and they are even serving Breakfast Buffet. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mttafire
11-14-2007, 06:19 PM
i am a huge black friday shopper. my ds and i will hit target,toys r us, pennys,kohls and macys for sure. my sis may also join us this year as well.
Kohls and TJ Maxx..GREAT stores for name brand clothes!:thumbsup:

Dracula766
11-14-2007, 06:19 PM
I'll be in line at Best Buy for sure. I already printed out the ad scan and circled what I'm gonna get. I made out like a bandit last year and intend to do it again :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
11-14-2007, 06:23 PM
I don't go anywhere near any retail establishment from Thanksgiving until New Year's Day. :hide2:I have long since retired from fighting crowds. Why put up with that nonsense when I can do any necessary shopping from the comfort of my computer? :surf:

SBETigg
11-14-2007, 06:28 PM
I worked retail for five years of Black Fridays and that was enough for me. I avoid shopping of any kind and stay far away from malls on Black Friday. Internet shopping! :thumbsup:

SteveL
11-14-2007, 06:44 PM
One good thing about Wal-Mart is they keep the Black Friday sale price in effect long after Black Friday ends.
I've purchased things with the BF sale price in mid December.

Speedy1998
11-14-2007, 07:06 PM
beat the crowds.... :

Beat the Crowds?????:confused:????? I have never seen worse crowds than at Wal-mart the one time I went out. When I saw a fist fight started over the last DVD player that was on sale I decided I would never do it again. Any black Friday shopping that I do will be strictly online.

mttafire
11-14-2007, 07:12 PM
One good thing about Wal-Mart is they keep the Black Friday sale price in effect long after Black Friday ends.

Good point.

kakn7294
11-14-2007, 08:31 PM
I work 7p to 7a on both Thursday and Friday so I won't be going anywhere but work and bed! In the past when I have been off and gone out, I haven't really enjoyed it. I hate the crowds so I really do more people watching than shopping.

Magic Smiles
11-14-2007, 10:04 PM
I thought Wal-Mart didn't have sales - only roll back of prices. LOL

Not living in the States, how can you people get up so early to go shopping the morning after Thanksgiving? I can't imagine it. I've been looking at some of the sale flyers and can't say that I have seen that many great sales. Granted a few good items, but with limited quantities available.

Bethis26fan
11-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Last year was the first year I missed a black friday since I was a young teen.(I was on my way to wdw) I'll be out this year as we aren't leaving for the world till saturday. Nothing has really caught my eye yet (waiting on walmart's to come out monday) but I'll still go just to go. I love it.

SteveL
11-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Not living in the States, how can you people get up so early to go shopping the morning after Thanksgiving? I can't imagine it. I've been looking at some of the sale flyers and can't say that I have seen that many great sales. Granted a few good items, but with limited quantities available.

I think Disney Store is opening at 4:30 or 5:00AM. I know some are scheduled in to work at 4:00AM. No Way. I don't need excitement that bad.

2Epcot
11-15-2007, 12:27 AM
I've never gone shopping on Black Friday, but last year some friends got a great deal on a plasma tv, so that has tempted me to want to do the same this year.

conorsmom2000
11-15-2007, 07:05 AM
I only started going out on Black Friday and....:secret: .... I somewhat enjoyed it! :blush: First, though, here in our county in NJ we have "Blue Laws", so even on Black Friday the stores can't open until 6 am (which I found out while sitting in the parking lot of Kohl's my first BF at 5 am!! oops! :blush: ) So, now I know I don't have to be up at some totally crazy hour. But, I just couldn't help but laugh at people - some have this down to a science! The go in teams, have the cell phones going - it was too funny!

But, I remember now the first time I went was in 2005 and I really went out to get a great deal on digital camera (we were leaving for WDW the following week) - it was totally worth it!

I'm not sure, though, if I'll go this year, as we've already gotten Con's main gift (the Wii) and the rest of his stuff probably won't be on sale - but, I'll check the ads just in case! :D

LibertyTreeGal
11-15-2007, 07:30 AM
I'd rather die than go shopping that day... YIKES! I'll be in Orlando instead :D

poohluva
11-15-2007, 08:08 AM
I have gone out on BF a couple times in the past, my Mom and Sister in law go every year. I hope to be done most of my shopping before then this year.

Everyone going out...be safe, the crowds can be dangerous!!

DisneyWhirled
11-15-2007, 09:40 AM
I am going out for the 1st time ever this year! The good thing is that so far there is nothing I have to get. My co-worker and I are going shopping and then going into work for 8:30AM.

I will be tired Friday night!

mttafire
11-15-2007, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=Terra;1474489]So I'm guessing that means no "Christmas suprises" now.... :secret::blush:

LOL, No Christmas suprises!;) Both our kids were born in late summer so i never had that infamous Christmas suprise.
We really do enjoy the early Friday shopping though. It was a family tradition for both our families.

MsMin
11-15-2007, 10:53 AM
My son started doing this in 02 w/ a friend and now I'm his "partner in crime" ;) Then we got his sisters into it and we have a lot of fun. I don't know of anything we need or want this year but I love to go a little later and get the great prices on DVD's and other little extras. Last year I picked up a 2gig flash drive for $20. We usually have a plan when we go, ppl have assigned duties if there is something we want. It's fun, the last couple years we started @ midnight and ended about 7:30am, then we go home with our loot and go back to sleep!

BRJARE3
11-15-2007, 12:05 PM
I go out every Black Friday. This year, we will be leaving our house at 3am to travel down to Disney, so I am not able to go. However, I keep joking with my husband that I can go out at midnight, when our outlet centers open. Then I can go right from shopping to Disney!!

PeachyGal
11-15-2007, 01:30 PM
I'll be there! Its always me and my sister, but I'm usually the one who needs the items. Target has a digital camera on sale and I really want to get DS a new one. But Toys R Us has a Zune on sale, and that would be good for DH. And then at Best Buy . . . Well you get the picture. I do not know how I am going to be at 3 different stores at the same time!!!! I warned DH that he may have to help this year. He was so NOT thrilled! I heard something about having the plaque or needed an emergency appendictomy! :D Gotta love them!

bleukarma
11-15-2007, 01:56 PM
I normally like to go out on Black Friday because if you plan enough then you really can get some good deals. When I lived in OH I went with my mom and aunt, but down here I normally go by myself. I don’t really have plans to go this year, mainly because I’m working my part-time job at JC Penney’s from 6pm to 12:30am on Friday so I figured that I would get enough of the crowds at work. However I am in the market for a digital camera so if I see a good deal in an ad then I may wake up early for that and then go back home to sleep before work.

Everybody who is braving the crowds before work, stay safe! It can get dangerous out there on BF! :mickey:

Terra
11-15-2007, 02:31 PM
I thought I already posted in this thread but then didn't see it...I think I really am losing my mind! :blush:

Anyway, I don't really do any heavy duty shopping, but I love to go and sit in the food court at the mall and people watch on this day!!! There are some interesting characters! I've even seen people doing the infamous "tug and pull" fighting over a 'last' item!! It's too funny!:mickey:

IloveDisney71
11-15-2007, 08:28 PM
If you go to Google and type it in, you can already see the ads...I was checking them out online last night! Good luck!
Wow - thanks for this tip!
I've gone every year for the last 8 or 9 years. Last year my 2 DD's and I were really disappointed in the lack of good sales and thought we wouldn't go out this year. But tonight on the national news they said that there would be really great sales on clothes.
Since I have 2 teenage DD's, I think we will give it another try.

Wolf
11-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Oh gah me and mom always are out the door by 430-5am on black friday! Its not even buying for others so much as people watching a picking up a few things for ourselves, and we usually knock out our shopping for each other when we split up! We are going to see my family in Augusta Ga this year so we will be people watching up there with my aunt and cousin in tow! I absolutely love it! There is a great website I've found its www.blackfriday.info and its got alot of the adds already somehow! Happy Shopping!

jillluvsdisney
11-16-2007, 01:01 PM
I have been a faithful black friday shopper for many years. It's been a tradition with my Dad. I have to work this year so I won't be going.

The Prime Outlets Mall here is opening at midnight on black friday. This is the second year in a row they are doing it. Craziness I tell you.

Mousefever
11-16-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm not sure if I'm going out this year or not. So far there hasn't been anything that's caught my eye. Our local paper ran an article saying that the Black Friday discounts are not that deep this year, so maybe I'll skip it.

Amy:dory:

RedSoxFan
11-16-2007, 07:06 PM
It would have to be a great deal to get me to the stores on Black Friday. I've only gone out once -- many years ago to get the three boys those razor scooters. It was busy -- but very well worth it.

Magic Smiles
11-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Do any of the Canadians cross over the border to go shopping on Black Friday? If so, which border and what are the traffic lines like?

Mickey052501
11-17-2007, 10:22 AM
My mother and I have been going out on Black Friday for years. We will be at Wal-mart at 5am!!!!!Then we go eat breakfast and shop some more at other stores, and then we go home and take a nap.

Jen:mickey:

thrillme
11-19-2007, 01:57 PM
I went out Black Friday twice...

First time I went to Toys R Us. A TOTAL madhouse. I guess I was unprepared because people were buying stuff by the basketful and I had absolutely NOTHING. I didn't find ANYTHING that was a "screaming" bargin.

The second time I went to Best Buy. This time I "thought" I was more prepared. I waited in line for about an hour. I had my plans on a GIANT hard drive...I think it was something like 80 gig for about $30-40 (Pfft...absolutely NOTHING these days).

They finally started letting us in (I could hardly move my hands...they were so cold) I think there were about 100 people ahead of me...How EARLY did these CRAZY people get there. I think some might have even camped out.

I walked out of the store with NOTHING. Went and had breakfast then went home and went to sleep.

I checked out some of the "pre-release" black friday ads and really there's nothing I'm looking at that I would buy someone. I have so many people to buy for at Christmas that my budget per person is quite limited. So I don't foresee myself going.

poeticeclipse
11-19-2007, 02:42 PM
My husband works for Wal-Mart and he told me that if the ads get leaked this year.... Wal-Mart is planning on tracking who released the ad early and smacking a lawsuit down. EEK!

Crystal Palace
11-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Not me! I can't stand all the crowds. I'm actually almost done with my Christmas shopping. I'm going to finish up on Tuesday night.

disneydeb
11-19-2007, 06:54 PM
I love to get up early and go to Wal-Mart to save a few dollars, beat the crowds.... ahh the thrill of the hunt, the conquest of knowing you got a great deal!:thumbsup:

Beat the Crowds?????:confused:?????

:boxing:(this is beating the crowds in one sense,) if you could have heard the words in my mind you would have probably realized I was half-joking:D

MNNHFLTX
11-20-2007, 09:07 AM
I will be out there, braving the crowds. But I've grown pickier about where I'll go. Kohl's, Target, Lowe's and Home Depot are the stores of choice this year. I never do Walmart or Kmart (too crazy) and as for Best Buy--well, I used to shop there on Black Friday but the check-out lines turned me off to it a couple of years ago.

MNNHFLTX
11-20-2007, 09:13 AM
My husband works for Wal-Mart and he told me that if the ads get leaked this year.... Wal-Mart is planning on tracking who released the ad early and smacking a lawsuit down. EEK!Actually, as of November 19th, Walmart was allowing the Black Friday websites to post the ads. But they did crack down on unauthorized scans prior to that. :)

poeticeclipse
11-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Actually, as of November 19th, Walmart was allowing the Black Friday websites to post the ads. But they did crack down on unauthorized scans prior to that. :)

Ahhhh...okay. That makes sense! I thought to myself "Wow! Someone is gonna get it!" haha

Tinkerfreak
11-20-2007, 01:17 PM
I guess I am just lazy. Last year I did all of my Christmas shopping right from here at the computer while drinking my coffee and in my p.j.'s and tinkerbell slippers. They delivered what I wanted to my door and I even had some things delivered right to my MIL's house because we were going there for Christmas. I figured why go shop for it, wrap it and then have to pay to ship it all to her house. I bought it on line and had it delivered to her house and wrapped it when I got there.
Even though we will be home this year I plan to do the same thing. It will leave me more time for Intercot!!!:party:

Momof2boys
11-21-2007, 09:58 AM
I'll be heading off EARLY on Friday - some of the outlet malls around here open at midnight !

This will be my first year going out with another person though - in the past I've faced the crowds alone but this year I'm going with a good friend/neighbor and we're gonna help each other out :thumbsup:

Here's hoping everyone gets some good deals !

ncscgirl2005
11-21-2007, 01:55 PM
I've never done Black Friday before but I have been considering it this year. Can you shop the same deals online or do you HAVE to go to the store? I just don't wanna get up early!

dolphinmickey9170
11-21-2007, 03:22 PM
The only thing I am going out for is work. The ER will get extremely busy by the afternoon!! Then, I'm going home. That's it............nothing else.

tinksmom02
11-21-2007, 10:35 PM
I'll be in line at Best Buy for sure. I already printed out the ad scan and circled what I'm gonna get. I made out like a bandit last year and intend to do it again :thumbsup:

DH is going out in search of a new laptop on Friday. He's got the shopping list from Best Buy printed out already LOL His plan is to drive past around midnight and see "how the crowds are," then to go back around 4 or 4:30 and wait in line.

LOL he's been so cranky lately, I told him he should go NOW and wait in line LOL

Melanie
11-23-2007, 06:12 AM
So let's hear about those deals everyone got! :shop: :spend:

RedheadWriter
11-23-2007, 07:26 AM
:thumbsup: I just back from Wal Mart and breakfast with Mom. We got what we wanted. I was up at 4 and called to make sure she was awake. I had my Tinkerbell mug filled with coffee and waited for her to arrive at 445. We got Wal Mart at 450 and saw the huge line, waited in my truck until the doors opened and then joined the jostling masses in line. This is where Disney lines are training for Black Friday!:D
I sped to the electronics area where I plooped myself in another line for the Sony Cybershot they had on sale for 79.87. They had about 100 units so I knew that I was OK. Mom joined me in line and we got the camera! Hooray, a new camera for my trip in January!:cloud9:
The printer section in the store had run out of the Lexmark printer that I wanted BUT! as luck would have it, as I was walkin to the exit, someon had abandoned one in a microwave oven display! My mother said my look was priceless when I spotted it and grabbed it! I got my new printer for $25!!! yippee!
It was now about 6 am and the lines were nuts. We left and went to breakie.
All in all we were very satisfied with our experience. The crowds were very behaved.
Now I am home for the day. Going to clean and decorate for the holidays!
Hope everyone else who went out made out OK too!:mickey:
Rachel

conorsmom2000
11-23-2007, 11:28 AM
I've never done Black Friday before but I have been considering it this year. Can you shop the same deals online or do you HAVE to go to the store? I just don't wanna get up early!
Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but there were tons of deals online as well - some the same as in the store (and all are while supplies last, so you needed to be up early for these as well). If you google the "Black Friday ads" you'll see they all have online sections for those deals! :mickey:

rcaide
11-23-2007, 11:58 AM
My husband and I were out of the house by 4:15First stop JC Penneys where we did get 2 Mickey globes. We also picked up leather coats for my husband and son for $19.99 each. (regular price $60) Off to sears where my husband wanted a new chair for the garage, reg $79.99, we got it for $39.99. Also picked up a Norleco razor for $19.99 and a $52 Christmas sweater for me for the bargain price of $19.99. Also two pairs of gloves reg $10 but I liked paying $1.99 a pair. Also picked up some speakers for son's MP3 player at %50 off. They took $10 off the total since we were crazy enough to be there at 5 am. Then we hit Michaels and got some pieces for my Christmas village at 30% off and then they deducted 25% at check-out. We were back by 6:30. Got some bargains and had a blast. Crowds were just picking up when we were headed home. I can't drive because of my eyesight so I am grateful that my DH got out of bed and drove me. What a guy! :thumbsup:He is now asleep in the recliner.

RedheadWriter
11-23-2007, 12:06 PM
rcaide (Debbie)
Glad you had a good time! Wasn't it a great feeling to think you had accomplished something this morning?
Rachel

kakn7294
11-23-2007, 02:33 PM
I got flexed down last night (basically, too many nurses, not enough patients so someone doesn't have to work) so after 2 hr of sleep, I went out. I went to Toys R Us - NEVER AGAIN on Black Friday. It took me over 30 min to make my way to the electronics dept only to find out that the PS-2 with 3 free games that I went for only came with the games advertised - all for teen boys and not really appropriate (or wanted) for an 8 yo girl so I left with nothing. I then went to stand outside for another 20 min just to get inside Circuit City then another 30 min in line inside but I did get a PS-2 with a free 2nd controller - $130 with a $25 value. Unfortunately, they sold out of Madden '08 about 15 min before I got there. I went to Kohl's for an I-Cat but the line was over an hour long in there so I walked right back out the door and headed over to Target. No I-Cat's there but I did get a memory card for the PS-2 and 2 games that they wanted - HSM Sing It and Kingdom Hearts 2 but all at full price. A quick trip into Best Buy confirmed that I bought the correct memory card and netted 2 more games that they wanted - Disney Princess and Horsez, but again at full price although none of the other local stores had these games which is why I bought them. I headed off to Walmart and it's funny, but it was the least crowded I've seen it in years, even on a regular shopping day. Anyway, there I got the I-Cat at full price but only $7 more than the Kohl's sale price (I didn't have my ad to price match :mad:) and Madden '08 for Daddy at $20. All in all, I really didn't save much money for my trouble but I did get what I (and they) wanted so I guess it was a worthwhile trip but I'm not in a hurry to do it again anytime soon! I was home by 8:30am and napped on the couch all day so I can go to work tonight.

disneydeb
11-23-2007, 03:23 PM
I was standing by the all-in -one printer,a friend in men's wear and a daughter in toys when the 5 AM Wal- Mart blitz began.We got everything we wanted and a couple of surprises.

At JCPenney I picked up a couple pair of ladies Jeans and 5 shirts ( actually 3 shirts and 2 sweaters). I was home and back in bed by 8:00 AM. Yes , it feels great to have a lot of my Christmas shopping done, knowing I'll make some people happy at Christmas within budget for my family.

RenDuran
11-23-2007, 07:08 PM
We ended up in Target today and got some Christmas movies on sale! That was as much shopping as I could handle!

Tink&Goofy
11-23-2007, 08:14 PM
DH and I were out the door by about 5:45 (no way I'm getting up any earlier!). First stop was Circuit City - but there was a line around to the side of the building just to get in the building! They were controlling the crowds, and were letting people in as others left. NO WAY was I standing outside in the bitter wind for at least 30 minutes - just to get in! So off to Fred Meyer (owned by Krogers). We got half price towel, pillows and socks (all that we desperately needed!), and half price on a few Christmas list items! :secret: They always have free coffee, hot chocolate, apple juice, and donut holes!!
I had started my shopping yesterday online, and picked up a couple of really good deals, that then did not have to go hunting for today! Gotta support that economy!!

amd780
11-24-2007, 11:58 AM
I had to work yesterday - we were the only business out of 4 or 5 in our building that was actually open! As for shopping on Black Friday though, I've never done it--I try to do as much of my shopping online as possible. I just don't have the patience! :secret:

pink
11-24-2007, 04:27 PM
I've never shopped on black friday before, I used to always want to when I was little but since then I've changed my mind.
This year I finished all of my store shopping before Thanksgiving and the last 3 gifts I'm buying online! :mickey:

P.S. I hope everybody that went out got great deals yesterday!

mttafire
11-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Im just glad to see that retailers are having BETTER than expected sales. We certainly spent our fair share......:blush::ill:

McGoofy
11-24-2007, 04:44 PM
So let's hear about those deals everyone got! :shop: :spend:

It's been a few years since we braved "Black Friday." However, this year we decided to go for it because we really wanted to get my mom a photo printer this year. We were out late on Thanksgiving night. We happened to drive by Best Buy at midnight. The crowds/lines were already wrapped around the building with tents and sleeping bags. We were thinking there was no way we were going to find anything left there in the morning. So...we got up at 5am and went to the mall. We found a couple of things there and ate breakfast at Chic Fil A with some friends that we ran into. By this time, it was 7am. We decided it was time to go brave Best Buy. We had to wait about 5 minutes in a small line outside before they would let us in. When we got in, we went to the photo printers. The one that we saw in the ad that was marked down from $120-something to $59.99 was still there!!:thumbsup: I couldn't believe it! We grabbed it. My husband also had some reward coupons that we were able to use. We walked out of Best Buy with a photo printer after sales, coupons, and tax...paid a grand total of $26!!!!!! We saved about $100. That was definitely our deal of the day!! Totally worth getting up early for.:mickey:

J9
11-25-2007, 12:44 AM
I really made out! I wound up getting myself presents LOL! I got a 4 gb memory card for my camera for $30 and a whole slew of DVDs for between $2.50 and $5. It was awesome! I love Black Friday!

kaerbear178
11-25-2007, 11:40 AM
I always wait until the evening to go...used to go in the morning but I hate the crowds. There usually isn't a doorbuster that I just have to have and there is no waiting in line if you go at night. This year I needed necklaces for my bridesmaids and got 3 $65 necklaces at Kohls for $18 ea. I was happy with that!

ShelbyAD
11-26-2007, 08:45 AM
I went out with my youngest step-daugher (only have 2) she is 12. We were out of the house by 5:15am. Stopped at Dunkin Donuts for b'fast. Was at Wal-Mart by 6am. Got a great parking space, the store was not crowded and there were no lines or very short ones at the registers. Hmmmmm :confused: I did run into someone I know, she said she was at Kohl's at 4am and the check out lines went through the store and there was a line to get into the store. I guess everyone was at Kohl's.

I got a $38 coffee maker for $15. That was my biggest deal. I did get 90% of my shopping done. I only have my step-daughter left. Couldn't exactly buy her gifts with her standing there. I did get some ideas from her though. Also pointed out some things I would like - for her to tell DH :thumbsup:

Last night I wrapped about 95% of the gifts. I will probably have them finished by the end of the week (depends on what I have going on after work). I got the boxed Christmas cards out of the attic and will be working on those this week. I am hoping to have everything mailed out by Dec 10th. My family and most of my friends live out of state. I will be spending alot of money at the post office this year.

IloveJack
11-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Dh and I were up at 3:30 (we live a decent way away from anything other than Wal-Mart), and headed to Best Buy. When we got there and saw the line wrapped around the store, we left, as Electronic Express had the same camcorder I was looking for, for a penny more! We headed to Wal-Mart, where we got a portable DVD player for $48, a couple of Christmas Cabbage Patch dolls for $10 each, 3 SD cards for my mom for $13 each, and (the very last) HP laptop for $388! :joy:
Then we headed on to Electronic Express, where I waited in the longest line of the day. They only had 2 registers open, and the lines wrapped literally around the inside of the building! However, I got the next to last hard-drive camcorder (the only thing I really wanted for myself), and Transformers, Shrek 3, and Spiderman 3 for $9.88 each!
While I waited there, dh drove to Radio Shack and got a 4 GB flash drive and a 4 GB Memory Stick for me (not Christmas presents, but great deals).
Then we went over to Target, where he got an air compressor for $79, and I got Ratatouille for $14.
We left that city after Target, and headed to Opry Mills, mainly to hit the Bass Pro Shop. Dh's BF lost his GPS earlier this year, and begged us to stop here for their deal on the Garmin Legend. We got him one for $98 (a steal!), and got ourselves each a new Carhart jacket for $48 each.
I had to go by the Disney store while we were there, so I got myself the Mickey and Minnie under the mistletoe scarf and hat, and us the ornament to match.
We were almost finished after that, until I looked at our receipts and noticed that Wal-Mart had charged us full price for Ice Age that morning (sales ad: $5.88), so we stopped at our local Wal-Mart and got the price adjusted. I also picked up Ocean's 13 for $12 while there, as with the excitement of the morning, I'd forgotten it.
We got home around noon, dropped the stuff, and headed back out. :blush:

DizNee143
11-26-2007, 09:12 AM
well me and pete (my fiance) we went to kohls first..at around 5am...i figured i would be smart and get jewlery for my bridemaids for my wedding in Sept...i got such awesome deals and glad to have that out of the way..then we went to target...and the mall..i didnt get many gifts but got a few things real cheap that we personally needed..its so much fun going out!! cant wait to go again next year!! :thumbsup:

Momof2boys
11-26-2007, 12:31 PM
My Black Friday didn't go as planned (we had Matt in the ER Thursday night for dehydration until 3:30 Friday morning) BUT I was in line at KMart Thanksgiving morning at 5:00am and scored a Wii for the boys ! ! ! They will be thrilled. I did get out for a bit on Friday and bought a few DVD's, some Wii games (one for $9) and a crock pot.

I still have tons to buy :)

Jeff
11-26-2007, 12:53 PM
I had never went shopping on this Friday until last year and I had a horrible time (mostly because Staples was so unorganized I vowed to never go again.

However, I was lured out this year by some deals on electronics. I have adjusted my thinking, It's not shopping - it's hunting! :archer:I didn't go out and build a blind but I did scout through the flyers before "opening morning".This year was fun.

Got a great deal on a plasma TV at Sears before 5:30 am then :coffee: then on to Target. There I bagged a 19in LCD TV, a 500 Gig external hard drive, a digital camera, a lightweight vacuum, and an old time looking "record player" (replacing the old dinosaur stereo with IPod equipment but needed something to play my old albums on). Great deals on all!!!!!
From there on to IHOP for breakfast :eat:by 7:00 am. All in all a very successful hunt.

Disneymom4ever
11-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Ok, I think I'm the crazy one of this bunch. We (me, DH, both Ds's, mom, and sis-in-law) left the house at 9:00pm Thursday night, and went and sat in line at Circuit City until 5 am the next morning!! We'd never even done Black Friday before. Yes, it was insane! I was the 23rd person in line, so not bad, I guess. It was so cold!! I had never done that before, so I wasn't prepared at all. By 4:00am, they were handing out tickets for laptops, (only had 26 total-$299 including printer and router!) So I got really lucky. You should have seen when someone would try and cut in line- Wow, there were police and everything! Fun, but scary! :mickey: