PDA

View Full Version : DVC Member Website - Fact or Fiction?

SignguyTom
11-14-2007, 03:19 PM
OK, seriously - I know it's there. I can actually access some of our account info such as points information, news, etc... But what's driving me nuts is whenever I try to "View Vacation", to check out my current reservations, it sends me to a weird page outside of the DVC Member site and lets me know that the page is 'unavailable at this time'. Now, I have been trying to get that page to open for over a week and have tried at all times of the day. Does this page truly exist anymore? I used to be able to get to it. Now, no. Is the DVC website that overloaded, or is there some kind of update or something going on at the moment and I just need to exercise some patience. :wait: Anyone else have the same issues? Is there anything that can be done to fix it?

Ed
11-14-2007, 03:25 PM
DVCs website appears to be having some problems. The site was totally down about a week ago, and has been slow ever since.

Once it comes back up (I just tried, and it was down), shoot them an e-mail and hopefully they'll get their web gurus on it.

Horizon93
11-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Try this:

Click on"My Vacation Ponts" on the right
Clcik on "Annual Dues" on the left
Click on "Vacation Points" on the left
Click on "View Vacarion Details" which is a little bit down the page.

This worked for me.

JPL
11-14-2007, 03:44 PM
The site is terrible to begin with not very user friendly. I poked around it the othe rdya trying to find out how to contact member satisfaction and found nothing. I tried to access my reservations and when I clicked the links it asked me login everytime and them took me back to the main page and welcomed me but never idd let me see any information :mad:

Sunshine1010
11-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Yes.....it's been wierd the last few weeks. I've noticed it too. I just keep trying and it eventually works.

Horizon93
11-14-2007, 04:51 PM
I was able to to get in using what i described above. I beive that this is the email address to the member satisfaction team. ([email protected])

dlpmikki
11-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Well that method works - very strange as it is the same page (or looks the same) that the normal link doesn't work from but if you go that long way round to get there you can see your vacations. Thanks!

Ian
11-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Hey, at least you can get in to the member page! I've been trying since May to get a PIN that actually works!

Horizon93
11-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Ian, that is terrible. MS should be able to fix that. Have they been no help?

Ian
11-15-2007, 06:44 AM
Thus far, not one iota. :rolleyes:

Carol
11-15-2007, 09:05 AM
The site isn't well managed. They still do not have the point charts for 2008 Disneyland.

I ended up calling Member Services for the point information. I had to call them any way to book my trip - but it would have been nice to have the information beforehand. :unsure:

JPL
11-15-2007, 09:31 AM
I actually think the entire DVCis managed too well and I only have limited experience with them thus far. I think they are growing too fast to keep up with member demands and they are trying to hold off hiring more agents until they absolutely have to. I am definately not happy with the member service hours. They need to have more evening hours as it is difficult to call from work and book a vacation or get help with problems for most people.

tinkerbell04
11-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Try this:

This worked for me.

I have been trying to check on my reservations for about a week or so now. The above way is the only way I have ever done it and it isn't working for me at all now. All I keep getting is the error message :mickey:

Horizon93
11-15-2007, 10:50 AM
I have been trying to check on my reservations for about a week or so now. The above way is the only way I have ever done it and it isn't working for me at all now. All I keep getting is the error message :mickey:

Danielle, can you view your point activity? The reservations are listed there as well.

They realy have to get this site fixed.

SignguyTom
11-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Try this:

This worked for me.

This worked for me, too - at least this once. Thank you!

Donald A
11-15-2007, 09:09 PM
I have been having a lot of error messages too. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

tinkerbell04
11-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Danielle, can you view your point activity? The reservations are listed there as well.

I was able to get into the view points area to see the reservations, it is just so much easier to see them in the vacation details section. Thanks!:mickey:

trackbarroness
11-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Jeff actually I think all of disney's sites are/were acting weird, at least up until this am. I was having difficulties checking my scedule on another disney site. So it's probably something they are in the middle of fixing.

DizneyFreak2002
11-19-2007, 07:00 PM
I booked a reservation today, and I had to play around with the site before I was able to see my reservation on the site. I am not thrilled with the DVC member site, but, the site is not what I paid for... :)