PDA

View Full Version : How much have you spent at WDW?

castlelady36
11-14-2007, 03:16 PM
I was just in the process of planning our next trip and had the thought I wonder how much I have spent over the years. I came up with approximately $60,000. Wow!! I think Disney should come up some incentive for us repeat visitors!!! Since we are the ones who keep them going!! So everyone how much have you spent over the years?? :mickey:

Sinewiz
11-14-2007, 03:52 PM
35 visits. I could retire.:funny: But for my mental well being it's been worth every cent.;)

tink'72
11-14-2007, 04:37 PM
I've spent on average $10,000.00 per year for the last 5 years at Disney. That's 50K!!!! Too much I know but it's our 1 big trip per year and we love it. We look so forward to it each year and spare no expense when we go!:mickey:

SBETigg
11-14-2007, 04:46 PM
I won't count trips I took as a kid, since I didn't pay personally. But otherwise, about $50,000, and that's lower than it should be because we won a trip from a radio station and won't count that in.

Hull-onian
11-14-2007, 07:37 PM
That is a good question. I am not too sure how much we have spent. But this trip is going to be about six grand, we are sparing no expense. Booking the HDDR for the first time. Really exciting about that. :mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
11-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Obviously, this is ballpark.

We loosly budget $1000 per person. Adding up 12 trips, (10 of them with just the two of us), and two all expenses paid with each child and their family.

I came up with $30,000, but it probably is more. I wouldn't trade a moment for the $$ back.:cloud9:

mttafire
11-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Hmm, On average; 3000k per trip x 11 trips that I (we) have made as an adult. = appox 33k.
BUT IT WAS MONEY WELL SPENT!!!
Im sure we have spent more but im being conservative.
Shawn

CosmicRay
11-15-2007, 12:43 AM
For us to go in the old days was a big savings and sacrifice. So for the 2 of us, it was around $1,000 - $1,500 for a 6 day trip. Now that we have 2 kids it's going to cost us about $2500 - $3000. Total around $15,000

HOLITRIN
11-15-2007, 12:49 PM
We've spent around $35,000 for 5 trips. That's one trip every 3 years. Considering the hotel is more than 1/2 the expense, we decided to become DVC'rs. We can now take a trip and year and spend approximately $1500 per trip. Yippee!!!!! :thumbsup:

Not2Loud
11-15-2007, 01:11 PM
I know this year we have spent probably close to $10k. We did 9 days in Feb, 2 days in June, 2 days in July, 4 days in Oct.

I could spend that much on any number of things or vacations. I wouldn't change it for the world...

I need Disney...its one of very few places in the world I can forget about daily life and enjoy simply being alive.

Cheaper than a weekly therapist and prescriptions!

Tinkerfreak
11-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Hotel room and dining for past 6 trips $30,000

Plane tickets for 6 trips $7,000

Souveniers and misc. spending money for 6 trips $2,500.

memories with family to last a lifetime

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

LCPZA
11-16-2007, 09:50 PM
I just asked DH how much he thought and his comment was "Thats a Thought I don't want to think of". Anyway we added up just at Disney not counting transportation from MD to Florida I would say $60K (including Vacation Club). That's also not counting all the money that I have spent at the Disney Store(This would be a scary thought).
It is worth every penny if you ask me.
Disney needs a Loyalty Card that gives us points that we can redeem for free stuff. Just think we could redeem for free vacations, free park passes, free snow globes, free big figures, free pins, ok I will shut up.
Just a thought--
It is a year of a million dreams so we can dream and dreams do come true at DIsney(dont they?)

mickeefan
11-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Great question which I am a little hesitant to compute for fear it might influence my upcoming April and December 2008 trips. Overall, I would say somewhere around $90,000 in total, but to us worth every dollar we spent.
Our most recent trip cost a small fortune, but we had a view I will remember forever.
This is about the only place we vacation.

lovetheprincesses
11-17-2007, 11:00 AM
We spend about $8,000 per trip. It is our one big vacation for the year, and we pay for it before we leave. :mickey:

Stan
11-17-2007, 11:27 AM
By comparison, how much have you spent on your federal government?
...state? ...county? ...city? Do any of those treat you like an honored customer?
:rotfl: :D :( :-o

Mickey 101
11-18-2007, 02:56 AM
We like to go for 10 days, so we have spent A LOT. People might think we're crazy, but we feel the memories have been worth every penny! WDW is our happy place....:cool:

IloveDisney71
11-18-2007, 08:38 PM
We've been so many times and stayed for varying times, with dining plan & without, with special discounts & without. I have no idea how much we've spent, BUT every penny spent helped to create memories that will last a lifetime! :mickey:

PinKy
01-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Several people have mentioned a loyalty card. Even just room upgrades would be nice!

crazeedizneefinatic
01-04-2008, 06:03 PM
I really don't remember what we used to spend before bringing my son so I will only go by the last 7 years. We go during off season to save a little and last time we took advantadge of the free dining. Last September we spent about $2000. That is for hotel and 8 day park hoppers. Souveniers and stuff were about another $500. Not bad for 10 days worth of fun and food. Now previous years we had to pay for food and would budget $150 a day for the 3 of us. We never ate fancy only a few character meals here and there. We were about at the $3100 mark. Not bad considering where we are at!! Now that does not include airfare but we have always lucked out with Southwest and their famous $49 fare. (crossed fingers for next year!) I have spent more for a week at the beach with no activities. I would say over the last 7 years we have spent around $25,000 for 8 trips. Geez makes me wonder how we did it? I feel guilty for buying a pair of shoes, LOL! I can see this is alot less than some posters who go all out but we always look for a deal and a bargain. We have to I am a stay at home mom, I am looking forward to a no expenses spared vacation some day. It's coming.

Magic Smiles
01-07-2008, 09:06 PM
I would say that each of our trips has cost a minimum of $10,000 for DH, DS and myself. I don't really keep track of the expenses for the trip as the trip is paid for before we leave. If we spend more than our travellers checks that we take, then that is what credit cards are for. Believe me we takes LOTS of traveller cheques. You only live once is my theory on life and our trips to WDW are worth every penny, as some one else stated PRICELESS !!
Our first trip was for only 1 week, but because of the exchange rate at the time, cost us as much as our 2nd trip which was for 2 weeks in 2005. This last trip was our cheapest for accomodations due to a 40% discount pin code and our great exchange rate even though we were there for 16 nights.
I can't even begin to imagine what it would cost us to stay at a Deluxe Resort.