PDA

View Full Version : WDW after New Years?

roxafina
11-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the crowds at WDW after New Year's Day has passed? We are considering a trip for the weekend after New Year's (Jan. 4, 5, 6). Do the crowds thin out much or is it still pretty crowded? Thanks!

kbean
11-14-2007, 07:43 AM
I know the end of Jan is great. Mk last year had 15 min waits, nice sunny cold weather all day. I can't see the first week being to bad.

CanadianWDWFan
11-14-2007, 08:02 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!

We were down from Dec 31-Jan 6 this year. We found the crowds became managable about Jan 4th. They were still large but no where near what they were on New Year's Eve and New Years day.

Hope this helps.

sloslo
11-14-2007, 08:22 AM
The crowds are real thin after Jan 3. I was there a few years ago and it's a great time due to low crowds, little rain, etc. The only thing you must bring is a coat as it can get cold there in January. Have fun!!

BeccaO
11-14-2007, 09:32 AM
We have gone in January the past 8 years just for this very reason. The crowds are low and it gives us something to look forward to after the rush of the Holiday season is over!!!! We will be there this January from the 10th-20th!!! Crowds are low and the wait time for rides is minimal. We have found it to be fairly easy to get walk-up seating at many of the restaurants too. We still make ressies for the important ones, but sometimes we are able to just wing it.

DawsonAR
11-16-2007, 11:18 AM
This year a lot of schools don't start back up until January 7th, so it is hard to say how long the crowds will last. I'm hoping it won't be too bad.

MinnieMommie
11-16-2007, 09:09 PM
I have been to Disney many times in January and have been there during every week. Last year it remained mobbed the entire week following NYE (although it did run into the marathon weekend last year). The kiddies were not back at school yet! :mickey:

Here we go again...
11-18-2007, 02:21 AM
This year a lot of schools don't start back up until January 7th, so it is hard to say how long the crowds will last. I'm hoping it won't be too bad.

I was shocked when I looked at our school schedule and noticed we went back on the 7th. If we were not already planning a trip at the end of January we would go then!