PDA

View Full Version : Preferential firework viewing

Rodders
11-14-2007, 06:04 AM
I just got my letter confirming details for next years holiday. It had a few freebies on there like vouchers for food, golf etc. It also said that as a moderate resort guest I am entitled to use a preferential viewing area for Wishes and Illuminations. I didn't think that there was a bad spot anywhere really but I am intruiged. Anyone know where these areas are and what benefits there are of these areas?

dizneeat
11-14-2007, 07:02 AM
I got the same letter today! And I was as intrigued as you were concerning those prefered viewing spots. Hopefully someone has the answer.
By the way it looks like we are going to be neighbours - we are staying about the same time you are but at POR!

DDuck66
11-14-2007, 09:18 AM
In the past we have had those options as part of our vacation. If they still use the same place, the viewing area for Wishes is located directly below the Plaza Restaurant against the water. While it is a nice view of the fireworks, if you are trying to watch the parade beforehand, the view is pretty bad. For Illuminations, the were using the boat launch at Moracco. I always liked it because it juts out into the lake slightly. The only down side is that you are completely on the opposite side of the park for exiting. It took us about 45 minutes to make it to the bus stop.

Rodders
11-14-2007, 10:20 AM
I got the same letter today! And I was as intrigued as you were concerning those prefered viewing spots. Hopefully someone has the answer.
By the way it looks like we are going to be neighbours - we are staying about the same time you are but at POR!

Gruß Nachbar :thumbsup:

We'll be arriving on Sep 3rd for 2 weeks. Say hello if you see me :mickey:

Will you bo going out on the SeaRaycers or the minature golf?

Rodders
11-14-2007, 10:24 AM
In the past we have had those options as part of our vacation. If they still use the same place, the viewing area for Wishes is located directly below the Plaza Restaurant against the water. While it is a nice view of the fireworks, if you are trying to watch the parade beforehand, the view is pretty bad. For Illuminations, the were using the boat launch at Moracco. I always liked it because it juts out into the lake slightly. The only down side is that you are completely on the opposite side of the park for exiting. It took us about 45 minutes to make it to the bus stop.

Thanks for the info. My DW always finds time for shopping when the crowds are so high so I won't worry too much about the wait to get out :thumbsup: Not sure about the poor view for Spectro though. Can you watch spectro from Main Street and then move to the prefferred area or is it likely to be too busy to do that?

EJS-Houston
11-14-2007, 10:59 AM
We were just in the MK this past Friday night for Wishes and SpectroMagic and I found that standing in that circle where the statue of Walt and Mickey is located was a perfect location: you get a great view of the fireworks at 9 and we just stayed put for a curbside seat for the parade at 10.

mttafire
11-14-2007, 06:16 PM
We always watch "Wishes" appox 75% of the way back from the castle. Just a bit up from the entrances of the first shoppes.

Magic Smiles
11-14-2007, 07:26 PM
I just got my letter confirming details for next years holiday. It had a few freebies on there like vouchers for food, golf etc. It also said that as a moderate resort guest I am entitled to use a preferential viewing area for Wishes and Illuminations. I didn't think that there was a bad spot anywhere really but I am intruiged. Anyone know where these areas are and what benefits there are of these areas?
Do you have to have the letter or can anyone staying at a Moderate Resort use the perferential viewing area?

Rodders
11-15-2007, 04:36 AM
Do you have to have the letter or can anyone staying at a Moderate Resort use the perferential viewing area?

Good question. I'm at work at the moment and the letter is at home. I'll read it again tonight and let you know what it says.

Rodders
11-16-2007, 05:41 AM

I have re-read the letter and I'm still not sure. I think it's reserved for certain people and not just anyone from a Moderate/Deluxe. The letter basically goes:-

"Dear Guest,

Thankyou for booking your holoday with WDW Travel Company. As a valued guest yada yada....

Now, not only wil your... yada yada.... Benefits addedd to your booking include:

Planet Hollywood voucher

One round of Mini Golf

Sea Raycers voucher

Plus, since you have booked a Disney Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort you you'll also receive:

Preferred Fireworks Viewing

We hope you enjoy... yada yada. Certificates will be sent to you with your travel documents.

Magical Regards,"

The T's and C's say one viewing per Park. Advance reservations and voucher required.

So basically, I'm not sure but it sounds like they give it to certain guests and not all.

Magic Smiles
11-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks. Sounds like you have to have the voucher and reserve your spot for the preferred viewing area. Guess I am out of luck and will be with all the others .:crowd:

Rodders
11-19-2007, 05:00 AM
The magic is still there with or without a reserved area :mickey: Have a great time, I know we will :thumbsup: