PDA

View Full Version : "Associate" members

Hammer
11-14-2007, 12:35 AM
I keep reading how some owners have people designated as "associate" members on their DVC memberships. What is the criteria for adding someone as an associate member? Could I add anyone? I think associate members can make reservations but what other benefits do they have?

I put in to purchase a resale through the Timeshare Store and I am just wondering if I could add my sister on as an associate member or if I need to put her name on the deed.

Natazu
11-14-2007, 04:04 AM
You sure you want her around that much? I mean, um, it would be great for Cheryl to be on the membership. :thumbsup:

You can add or remove an associate member by calling member services.

MsMin
11-14-2007, 09:55 AM
An associate member has the right to make reservations, use points etc. They don't have the benefit of discounts or other extras. When you go to a resort your room key is labeled DVC Member. You don't have access to the website either.
They are not on the deed.

xipetotec
11-20-2007, 02:25 PM
I keep reading how some owners have people designated as "associate" members on their DVC memberships. What is the criteria for adding someone as an associate member? Could I add anyone? I think associate members can make reservations but what other benefits do they have?

I put in to purchase a resale through the Timeshare Store and I am just wondering if I could add my sister on as an associate member or if I need to put her name on the deed.

I think you can just call them up and add her. I'm the associate on my mother's membership and I never signed anything. she just put my name down as valid and I manage all the points and reservations. I just don't "own" anything.