PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed Res. via Interval International NOW WHAT??

nadisnut
11-13-2007, 02:01 PM
We scored a trade via Interval International and received a confirmation #, I know there is a trade fee due, we are actually going w/the family that made the trade, and they have not paid the transfer fee yet, we are booked for May 23-31st. She has not contacted DVC yet, my question is, will they cancel our reservation if she doesn't do this soon???
:sick:

I keep telling her to call, but she keeps putting it off, am I just being paranoid??

dlpmikki
11-13-2007, 02:06 PM
When I have done any trades via Interval they take the fee as part of the confirmation process, before you get the Confirmation number. It isn't Disney that take the fee but Interval. Not sure what speaking to Disney will do for you but maybe someone who has actually traded into Disney before will come along and offer their experiences.

tinkerbell04
11-15-2007, 10:26 AM
When I have done any trades via Interval they take the fee as part of the confirmation process, before you get the Confirmation number. It isn't Disney that take the fee but Interval. Not sure what speaking to Disney will do for you but maybe someone who has actually traded into Disney before will come along and offer their experiences.

When we used interval to trade for a Vegas trip this summer, we paid the fee before we were given any kind of confirmation number. BUT, we too were trading out of Disney, for Vegas.

disneyorvegas
11-27-2007, 06:15 PM
When you "exchange" with Interval "II" they charge you an exchange fee at the time the exchange is made, I think it is about $135 now. If you exchange INTO a Disney property Interval "II" charges you their exchange fee plus Disney gets an extra cut of $95 to cover the DVC benefits that you get by staying at a Disney timeshare (gift delivery, free parking, etc.)
If your friends did an exchange, the exchange fee should have been paid already. They request a credit card at the time of the exchange.

Catzle
11-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Yes, we traded into the WLV last year through Interval in May too! You do pay the initial fee of $139 to trade and than once you get into Disney property you than pay another fee to be able to take part in all that Disney has to offer. Magical Express, early and late hours at the park etc. You don't have to pay that right away but about 90 days or so before you go. They need to be able to send you your luggage tags and get you into the system etc. From there they can also set you with the dining plan if you want it. It was a great experience.

nadisnut
12-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Yes, we traded into the WLV last year through Interval in May too! You do pay the initial fee of $139 to trade and than once you get into Disney property you than pay another fee to be able to take part in all that Disney has to offer. Magical Express, early and late hours at the park etc. You don't have to pay that right away but about 90 days or so before you go. They need to be able to send you your luggage tags and get you into the system etc. From there they can also set you with the dining plan if you want it. It was a great experience.

Thanks for the info, I will let my friend know this has to be done at least 90 day's prior!!!
:thumbsup:

disneylovinmom
12-05-2007, 12:27 PM
We too traded thru Interval for Disney. We are staying at OKW and had to pay them a $95 fee to use the benefits that owners of DVC get. That was done separately with the resort. Interval could not take care of this for us. The sooner you pay this, the better just so you won't forget. Also if you will be using Magical Express you can't call the regular reservation line. The resort you are staying at has to take care of that for you, There should be an 800 number provided by Interval for this.