PDA

View Full Version : Smoking in the parks??

dmosher
11-13-2007, 03:07 AM
OK, so I do not want to turn this into a Public Service Announcament about second hand smoking... blah blah blah.

I do however, want to point out to those who are either visually impaired or not capable of reading the very obvious signs around the parks that say "SMOKING AREA".

Why is it so hard for smokers to find and use these areas. I seem to find them all the time, especially when I am trying to avoid them. They are not that hidden or off the beaten path and yet so many people decide that they are above the rules and make non-smokers suffer.

If you choose to smoke, it is your choice and that's fine, but I choose not to smoke, or smell cigarette smoke and yet every time I walk through the parks I am hit with clouds of smoke and the site of hundreds of cigarette butts on the ground!

Am I the only one who seems to have a problem with this"?
:mickey:
D

SurferStitch
11-13-2007, 06:52 AM
You'll find plenty of people who will agree that smoking is a problem in the parks, but I am not one of them.

I can't recall ever walking into a cloud of smoke. I also don't ever recall seeing a bunch (or even a few) of cig butts on the ground anywhere in the parks. I've found smokers to be very considerate and follow the rules.

I am pretty sensitive to smoke. It makes me clog up something fierce when I smell it, but I've never had a problem with it at WDW in the 13+ trips we've made there.

Carol
11-13-2007, 07:37 AM
want to point out to those who are either visually impaired or not capable of reading the very obvious signs around the parks that say "SMOKING AREAWell -- then the folks you are directing this thread to obviously don't frequent message boards or Disney sites. :scratch:

If you do a search through the forum you will find a lot of people, myself included, have issues with smoking outside of the designated areas. I see no reason to start a new topic.

Thanks for understanding. Let us get back to vacation planning. Nothing to see here, folks.