PDA

View Full Version : Computer Availability?

Magic Smiles
11-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Not too sure where to post this question. Are there any computers available to use while in Disney? I would really like to be able to get access to one for about 1/2 hour one day. I would need the internet also. We do not want to bring our laptop - DH is afraid of loosing it or something happening to it.

Seasonscraps
11-12-2007, 08:10 PM
The hotels with business centers have computers you can use for a fee.
Guests may access the internet and check their Web-based email at the Business Center at Disney's Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht and Beach Club, Boardwalk and Coronado Springs Resorts. Their hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. The cost is $40 per hour or $10 for each 15 minutes of internet access. There is also a charge of $1 per page to print.

FWIW, DH & I bring our laptop all the time and nothing ever happened to it.

DawsonAR
11-13-2007, 06:52 AM
There are computers in the rooms at the CR with free internet access. It was wonderful.

DDuck66
11-13-2007, 10:35 AM
We always bring our Laptop and have never had any problems. We like to have it to e-mail pics and messages to the loved ones that cannot be there (some call it rubbing it in their faces).

shellyc
11-14-2007, 11:28 AM
We bring our laptop and use AOL dial-up using a local number. In the past 3 trips we have not been charged $.75 per call. Works for us.

Magic Smiles
11-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks everyone. DH is adamant that he is not taking the laptop. Another item to carry - I don't travel lightly. So I guess I will be searching out one of the business centers.

Von-Drake
11-15-2007, 10:26 AM
I bring my laptop, but only to download pictures from my camera. When on vacation.. no email checking for me.

PeterPansMagic
11-19-2007, 01:42 AM
We bring our laptop and use AOL dial-up using a local number. In the past 3 trips we have not been charged $.75 per call. Works for us.

I was going to ask this question about using laptops in the hotel room & what would happen if I used dial up so thanks for answering it before I could ask it. Where do you put your laptop when not in the room? Im just curious so I know where to put mine.:)

shellyc
11-20-2007, 08:42 PM
I was going to ask this question about using laptops in the hotel room & what would happen if I used dial up so thanks for answering it before I could ask it. Where do you put your laptop when not in the room? Im just curious so I know where to put mine.:)

I put my laptop in the drawer under my clothes. I have the larger dell inspiron so it won't fit in the wall safe. I've not had any problems. I've even kept it out on the table hooked up at AKL once or twice.

Von-Drake
11-21-2007, 07:19 AM
When I travel. if my laptop will not fit in the wall safe, I store it in my locking suitcase, I know someone could take the suitcase, but it is what I do.

Polynesian Dweller
11-21-2007, 01:40 PM
I usually take my notebook and find the room safe is a bit too small. So I usually keep it in the locked bag and never have had a problem. I pay the high speed fee cause I can't stand the slowness of dial-up.

Here we go again...
11-21-2007, 11:36 PM

We leave ours out on the table in the room.
We figured that if someone wanted it bad enough they are going to get it whether it was in a drawer, in a suitcase or just sitting on the table. We have brought the computer the last 4 trips and we have never had a problem.

mickeefan
11-22-2007, 09:09 AM
We have two rooms, two laptops. We always kept them in a drawer under some clothes.This last trip we just left them out all the time.
We have been taking them for years now and have never had a problem.