PDA

View Full Version : Making ADRs

goofiecrazy
11-12-2007, 07:49 PM
This will be the first time we will make adrs for our summer trip coming up,so will they take our credit card # to hold our spot?Do they charge our card?We have a rough number of people going and not really sure what summer month we are going so I might just pick a week out of june,july and august and make our adrs then decide what the week is going to be for our week in the world.The number of people might change so should I just book for the number of peeps that have said yes so far then change the # later?Dont want to be changed ahead of time then end up with fewer peeps or not even show at that one spot!

BronxTigger
11-12-2007, 08:09 PM
You can use your phone number to make ADRs. Exceptions to this are some signature dining experiences such as CRT in the Castle.

DisneyTwinsMommy
11-12-2007, 08:47 PM
You do not need a credit card for most ADR's... just call and book them. Unfortunately, they are super strict about the exact number of people dining... If you book for lets say 5 people, but then need to add or take away, you can call and try to change the ADR, but it is not always possible... your best bet is to book 180 days in advance for the correct amount of people. :mickey:

irish1967
11-12-2007, 08:50 PM
OK - you can only make ADRs for 180 days out exactly without a resort ressie.

That means that for a 06/01/08 ADR, you can make them on 12/04/07. July 1 wouldn't be until 01/03/07 and August 1 wouldn't be until 02/03/08. Without a resort ressie, you will need to call every day 180 days out for the week you pick. With the resort ressie, you will be able to make ADRs 180 days out from the first day of your ressie plus up to 10 more days.

Randomly picking a week during the summer means that you would have a roughly 1 in 12 chance of being right!

Not trying to be mean, but to get the ADRS for the restaurants you REALLY want to try, perhaps it would be wise to get committment from who is going on the trip, get your resort ressies (if you are staying on-site) or other hotel ressies and making the ADRs for the actual number of people in your party on the actual days you want them.

Also, summer months are pretty crowded, to be assured of the resort/hotel ressie, you should probably get that decided sooner rather than later.

Hope your trip is great!

lightyearfan
11-12-2007, 10:32 PM
when it's time to make our ADR'S, i call around the middle of Feb for our June trip, and although i don't have any hotel ressies , i've never had a problem making our ADR'S. me and dw usually make our resseis for WDW in March with our travel agent, so when i call in febuary we want to make sure that the TS resturants that we want are available because we do the DDP, and if we cant get any TS ADR'S , then in March when we goto book our trip, we don't get the DDP because we wouldnt have the need. now that said we will be going to WDW for a long weekend trip in 12/07 and i was able to get 4 TS ADR'S only 1 month away, now also keep in mind that not everything was available like Ohana's or Cinderalla's Royal Table , Tony's Town Square, but never the less we still got 4 pretty good TS restuarants.

you ashouldn't have any issues. Enjoy your summer trip

Victor

DDuck66
11-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Also keep in mind, that the more peeps you have in the party, the harder it is to get reservations. Tables for 2 are much more easier to come by, so we usually call at 180 to 160 days out and do not have any problems. If you are going to have a large group, you need to call at the 180 day mark. I do not think you can get them any earlier.