PDA

View Full Version : beer

Disney-Nut
11-12-2007, 06:38 PM
how many countrys in epcot have sell beer and what are they for each country.?:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Marilyn Michetti
11-12-2007, 07:17 PM
I believe all of the countries sell beer, some indiginous to the country. I know Canada has Molson, and (I think), one of them has Yenguling, which DH liked to get in Phila. We're not drinker's - just an occasional beer for DH, but if you go to the menu's for each country, it should tell you.

Lots of German beers in Germany, and some dark ale's in Rose 'n Crown.:beer:

wdwfansince75
11-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Lets see....if I start clockwise, as best I remember.....(Actually, I cheated....I peeked....and, with regards to beer, I peaked, about 30 years ago!)

Mexico: Dos Equis Lager Draft Beer; Bohemia or Tecate Beer; Dos Equis Amber or Sol Beer
Norway, Akershus: Carlsberg Draft Beer
China: Tsingtao Beer
Refreshment Outpost: Draft Beer - Michelob Lager, Michelob Ultra
Germany: St. Pauli Girl and St Pauli Girl Dark; Amstel Lite
America, Liberty Inn: Bud Light or Samuel Adams
Japan, Kaki Gori: Kirin (Ichiban draft, and Light)
Morocco: Casa Beer
France: Biere Kronenbourg 1664
UK, Rose and Crown: (Draft) Harp Lager, Bass Ale, Guinness
Canada: La Fin Du Monde, Maudite, Blanche de Chambly, Trois Pistoles, Molson Canadian, Labatt Blue, Labatt Light Blue; Draft Moosehead Pale Ale
Never made all the way around....But if I started counterclockwise, I'd never get past Canada....

LONESTAR
11-12-2007, 08:19 PM
A guy I work with loves to drink hes way around the world which is funny because at home he dosent drink. I on the other hand do drink and have never drank around the world. So I plan on trying it in 8 days:blush::beer::ack:

Disney-Nut
11-12-2007, 08:22 PM
thank you that was perfect. I printed the list and cant wait to get my drink on:beer::beer::ack:

CPT Trips
11-12-2007, 11:40 PM
IIRC Canada: La Fin Du Monde, Maudite, Blanche de Chambly, Trois Pistoles, Molson Canadian, Labatt Blue, Labatt Light Blue; Draft Moosehead Pale Ale are only available in Le Cellier with meals.

UK, Rose and Crown: in addition to (Draft) Harp Lager, Bass Ale, Guinness they also have Boddingtons and Stella as well as two ciders.

If you want to try Canada, going clockwise, skip UK :thumbsup::beer::beer:

Pan
11-12-2007, 11:53 PM
It's been a while, but they used to sell Safari beer at the the little outpost stand on the Mexico side.

dmosher
11-13-2007, 03:01 AM
I have done the Beers around the world tour many times. It's a rare occassion that any of the countries do not have a beer that is from that or a surrounding country. Almost all of them are good but skip America unless you like cheap ****** beer (last time I was there anyway).

As a side note, only do this if you are physically capable of handling your alcohol content. There is nothing more pathetic than drunk parent/parents dragging there exhausted crying children around while stumbling toward the next bar.

When we do this, we tend to make a slow day of it. Just a thought.
:mickey:
D

CleveRocks
11-13-2007, 07:32 AM
and (I think), one of them has Yenguling, which DH liked to get in Phila.
Yeungling is as American as Budweiser and MIller. It's a generations-old, family-owned brewery in Pennsylvania.

In other words, it wouldn't be served in a foreign country's sitr in World Showcase.

Hmm ... maybe all that alcohol played tricks with your minds ....:number1::blush::beer:

TheRustyScupper
11-13-2007, 11:36 AM
How many countries sell beer?
. . . all of them

What are they for each country?
. . . pretty good
. . . especially after four or five other countries

BMan62
11-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Yeungling is as American as Budweiser and MIller. It's a generations-old, family-owned brewery in Pennsylvania.

In other words, it wouldn't be served in a foreign country's sitr in World Showcase.

Hmm ... maybe all that alcohol played tricks with your minds ....:number1::blush::beer:

And now The U.S.A. Pavilion qualifies as foreign?:thedolls:

CPT Trips
11-14-2007, 12:55 AM
The Yuengling you get in FL is brewed in Tampa at the former Strohs brewery . . . can't figure out how they can call that the nation's oldest beer. I didn't know they carry it at WDW.
http://www.yuengling.com/history4.htm

Samtastic
11-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Don't forget you can get some interesting beers at the resorts. I know AKL has some african beers (and maybe in AK?) and I think the Poly has hawaiian.

BeccaO
11-14-2007, 09:41 AM
That's really funny!!!!! Me, living in PA where I can get Yuengling anywhere, going to Epcot to drink it!!!! LOL ;)

Stickey
11-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Epcot is the wright place to find beer at WDW.
The previously posted list will give you some ideas. I prefer to stick to my favorites: the German and U.K. pavilions. I consider these beers far superior to the other international selections.

Does the U.S. pavilion still have Sam Adams?
If so, it is a quality beer.

:beer::beer::beer:

LuckyMum22
11-14-2007, 04:23 PM
That's really funny!!!!! Me, living in PA where I can get Yuengling anywhere, going to Epcot to drink it!!!! LOL ;)

Ditto!
:haha::beer:
We were there for Food & Wine Festival this year on the first day that they served Beck's Octoberfest in Germany. It was sooo good! When we got home and were shopping at our local distributor we found it by the case. (At that time, Yuengling was more $$!) We've gone through two cases since we returned home from our trip! Now Beck's Octoberfest tastes like Epcot to us! :cheers:

SignguyTom
11-14-2007, 04:26 PM
If you start in France and work counter-clockwise, you will finish at UK. At that point, hop on the boat (or walk as best you can) to the Boardwalk via the International Gateway to the Big River Grille and Brewery. I believe they have about 11 or so micro-brews, some of which change depending on the season... :cheers: :beer: :cheers:

Crow
11-14-2007, 07:46 PM
i think ive tried most of them at one time or another. i dont always get beer in the countries. never had anything in the American Pavilion as i can get it anytime. but i did hit the Sam Adams stop at F&W fest.
i think R&C is a good stop for a few...try the beer sampler. also Black & Tans.
i like some of the special ones in Le Cellier.
Tsing Tao in China. Ichiban in Japan (although i usually get sake there)
miss Ringnes in Norway....

Maleficent's Dad
11-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Big River Grille and Brewery. I believe they have about 11 or so micro-brews, some of which change depending on the season...
Tom,
Big River usually has 4-5 different beers available. There are about 4 additional "seasonal" brews throughout the year (never all available at the same time, one or so might be available depending on when you visit).

I have to agree with you about Big River - the brews are pretty tasty! :beer:

DisneyTeen
11-15-2007, 08:35 AM
The Yuengling you get in FL is brewed in Tampa at the former Strohs brewery . . . can't figure out how they can call that the nation's oldest beer. I didn't know they carry it at WDW.

They carry it. Pretty much everywhere on Property. We don't have it here in MA, so I was drinking it everywhere.

BMan62
11-15-2007, 09:20 AM

They don't actually call Yuengling America's Oldest Beer, but rather "America's Oldest Brewery - Since 1829."

Until they brought out "Yuengling Traditional Lager," you would have never known they existed, but that one brew turned the company around. Yuengling Pilsner was, and is, often referred to as 'the yellow death' in this area!!! Now, along with "Lager" they have such favorites as "Lord Chesterfield Ale" and "Black and Tan" as staples of their brand.

SignguyTom
11-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Tom,
Big River usually has 4-5 different beers available. There are about 4 additional "seasonal" brews throughout the year (never all available at the same time, one or so might be available depending on when you visit).

I have to agree with you about Big River - the brews are pretty tasty! :beer:

I have a picture from 2006 of me with a 'Sample Platter' of the different brews. There are 11 different brews in the pic. Maybe the number shifts according to season..??

Revision: Oops..I stand corrected. I just found the pic and there are 7 brews on the sample platter.

Here's a link to the pic:

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/5/1/5/8/2/webimg/84574302_o.jpg

Maleficent's Dad
11-15-2007, 09:30 PM
There are 11 different brews in the pic. Maybe the number shifts according to season..??
Good for you! :thumbsup:
I wish I'd get that many options. I was there last week and there were 5 different taps. I tried 3 of them - very tasty!
What time of year were you there? I'd be interested in trying a few of their other flavors. About 3 years ago, I was there and they had a wonderful bitter available. I only had one as I was there with kiddies in tow! ;)

Last year they had a wonderful Octoberfest (Oktoberfest?) in the month of (of course) October.

Back to the OP - R&C has a great selection. Canada does too, but only if you are in Le Cellier. There's plenty of beer in the countries, but the outside stands stick to one - sometimes two - selections.

SignguyTom
11-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Good for you! :thumbsup:
I wish I'd get that many options. I was there last week and there were 5 different taps. I tried 3 of them - very tasty!
What time of year were you there? I'd be interested in trying a few of their other flavors. About 3 years ago, I was there and they had a wonderful bitter available. I only had one as I was there with kiddies in tow! ;)

Last year they had a wonderful Octoberfest (Oktoberfest?) in the month of (of course) October.

Back to the OP - R&C has a great selection. Canada does too, but only if you are in Le Cellier. There's plenty of beer in the countries, but the outside stands stick to one - sometimes two - selections.

I found the pic and there was only 7. My bad. I was there mid-May and you can see on the picture that 2 of the brews were seasonal. Can't see their names, though.

CPT Trips
11-16-2007, 02:10 PM
They don't actually call Yuengling America's Oldest Beer, but rather "America's Oldest Brewery - Since 1829."

Until they brought out "Yuengling Traditional Lager," you would have never known they existed, but that one brew turned the company around. Yuengling Pilsner was, and is, often referred to as 'the yellow death' in this area!!! Now, along with "Lager" they have such favorites as "Lord Chesterfield Ale" and "Black and Tan" as staples of their brand.

Here you go - pasted from the website I quoted . . . I am used to seeing the line you quote, so I was surprised. "1999 Yuengling purchases former Stroh brewery in Tampa, Florida. Florida market begins selling America's Oldest beer."