PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain vs. Expedition Everest

jclightchasr
11-12-2007, 12:15 PM
After posting a previous poll on "Whats your favorite mountian?" Splash Mountain won out of the three in MK getting 60% of the vote so I will pit it up against EE for a battle to see what mountain wins overall. Please cast you vote and mention why.

I must admit as a side note and statement of my opinion. I am actually shocked to see a water ride win this and win with such a margin. Can you all tell me why everyone is such a fan of a ride that causes you to be soaked the rest of the day leaving you to walk around in wet clothes which to me would be horribly uncomfortable. Especially in cooler months, or is this ride run without water on the hill in winter?

magicman
11-12-2007, 12:40 PM
I voted Splash.

IMHO, EE is the best coaster at the World, but I like the characters, music, and yes a bit of WDW nostalgia that I get from Splash.

Tygger7
11-12-2007, 01:18 PM
EE, hands down. It has it all...incredible theming, great backstory, and a yeti! Add to that, the coaster itself, and it steals the show. And this is coming from someone who doesn't care for roller coasters or heights. :mickey:

WishingStar2006
11-12-2007, 02:09 PM
The do "reduce" the amount of splash in the cooler weather.

This is a difficult vote because I love them both for very different reasons. But both are a great thrill and I don't even like coasters.

dteed
11-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love EE just not more than Splash.

disneydrmr
11-12-2007, 02:59 PM
EE wins hands down in my book!

rnin02
11-12-2007, 05:41 PM
What a choice! I love EE, absolutely love it. But SM is so much fun, I have to pick that one.

RobWreck
11-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Splash, no doubt.
When everything is running right, it's one of the best dark rides that Disney has to offer. :D
Rob

Polynesian Dweller
11-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Its an apples and oranges choice for me. EE is a true coaster and Splash is a log flume water ride. A bit too simple but they are that different. I like both of them as different type of ride. However, I'll tip my vote to Splash because its a bit longer and I get a chance to enjoy the ride theming. On EE the theming goes by quickly and you can almost miss that Yeti.

IloveDisney71
11-12-2007, 08:07 PM
This was REALLY tough! I love both of these rides and I don't miss them when I'm at Disney. But I went with Splash, because I just love the story line. It's SO cute, I hate that so many people miss it because they don't want to do the drop.

WDWFREAK101
11-12-2007, 08:11 PM
This was a tough vote but i would have to say Splash. I grew up on that ride and i still think that it has INCREDIBLE theming and well done animatronics. I do like EE but i like Splash more.

mttafire
11-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Despite my love for both; I HAD to vote for Splash. I live in Ohio and we have some of the BEST coasters on earth...I.E. The Beast and Millenium force. Due to this reason i picked Splash. We absolutely LOVE Splash!:thumbsup:

ronandjulie
11-13-2007, 12:11 AM
No other ride gives that classic Disney fun mixed with a heart pounding rush!!!!

Mickey 101
11-13-2007, 12:42 AM
I voted for EE because it is one of, if not our absolute, favorite ride on property. It has the best queue of any ride for detail/authenticity and great thrills on the ride itself. As others mentioned, SM is classic Disney, but we like EE much better.

Spaceship Tigger
11-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Splash was probably my favorite WDW ride until I rode EE last trip. I just wish EE was located in a park that we visit more often.

BritCody
11-13-2007, 07:17 AM
I voted for Splash. I like EE and over time it might replace Splash as my favorite, but for the time being it is Splash

Goofy Pluto
11-13-2007, 09:21 AM
I haven't been on EE yet, but SM is my favorite attraction in all WDW and I can't imagine EE surpassing it.

Disneypixie513
11-13-2007, 12:41 PM
I had to vote for EE. I love Splash alot but after getting soaked one night i kinda got a little upset. EE is one of the best coasters i've ever ridden and Spalsh is a great water ride.

jiifigment
11-13-2007, 01:01 PM
I voted for Splash because I can do it many times in a row. I can't do Everest more than twice in a row without nausea. But honestly, this is comparing apples and oranges! Although they're both coasters, only Everest is a "thrill" ride. We love them both nearly equally.

Tough question!

PirateLover
11-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Splash Mountain is so much more than a water ride. It is an intricately themed journey through a world of song and whimsy that can be enjoyed by almost the entire family. And yes, the water cannons are turned off during cooler months. And if you are that worried about getting soaked, you can always wear a poncho. EE is cool and exciting but splash takes the cake.

tinklover
11-13-2007, 03:46 PM
I had to vote SM for teh simple fact that I have not been on EE yet I have not even been to AK yet but I will be there in June and I will ride it and compare it.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-13-2007, 04:15 PM
I voted for Splash Mountain!:thumbsup:

I was my very first ride in WDW so it has a special place in my heart and it also one of the best themed and longest rides in MK

btw, I am finally back after 4 months of absence...

Very good to be back!!:number1:

GrmGrninGost
11-13-2007, 05:34 PM
I dearly love them both, but had to go with Splash! It is more family friendly, and the main reason we go to WDW is to be together as a family! :mickey:

irish1967
11-13-2007, 07:43 PM
No question - Splash - we go in either July or August! Enough said!

P.S. I'm not too fond of the backward part of EE, either :sick:

RAIDER
11-14-2007, 08:56 AM
E E for me its a brilliant ride :thumbsup:

CU Tiger
11-15-2007, 03:06 PM
SM is my number one. :number1: It is fun before and during the ride! Plus, it lasts a lot longer. :mickey:

grumpyguy
11-16-2007, 04:32 PM
yup,that was a tough one.i voted splash.i think ee is completely awesome but at crunch time splash gets the nostalgia vote.
i love ee,its a great time,just in a different way.:thumbsup:

Magic Smiles
11-16-2007, 05:55 PM
For me the two are like night and day. No competition - EE all the way. I am probably the one in a million that doesn't see what is so great about Splash. I like it but once a year is fine for me, whereas EE, I could ride many times a day.

MinnieMommie
11-16-2007, 08:52 PM
I think Splash is a great attraction. Really very creative use of the story line and music. I'm not big on the drop part of it though. EE on the other hand is to me a magnificent feat of construction and story telling. I never cease to be in awe of the experience. If I had to pick between the 2 attractions I would definately choose EE. :mickey:

mainemajor
11-16-2007, 09:20 PM
This is almost like choosing your favorite child. You love them both with all your heart and there differences make them special. I could never choose between my children, but between these two fantastic mountains I voted Spash #1 and EE #1A.
Gotta love them both, they are so special and the two greatest rides Disney has.:mickey:

Tink#64
11-16-2007, 10:57 PM
I picked Splash! I thought EE was amazing, but if I could only choose one of these to ride, there would be only one choice for me - SPLASH! It's a fantastic attraction for the entire family! It's one of our fav's and on our must do multiple times list!:thumbsup:

FormerCastMember
11-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Its great to see that Everest is not winning in this poll...although it is a wonderful attraction i dont not believe it is in the same class as Splash Mountain...the storyline alone could be used for a dark ride and you wouldnt even need the drop...personally for me it shows how awesome WDI is at creating a story for the guests to follow and using all of their resources to bring that story to life...

mrsHerbie53
11-17-2007, 11:35 AM
I voted for Splash -- I think the anticipation and wondering how wet we'll get adds to the theming and excitement. We rode it in December when it was in the 30s/40s and all the CMs were in their winter attire. We're from PA and just had sweatshirts on. My DS HAD to ride Splash and we rode it twice in a row without having to get back of and in line again as we were about the only ones enjoying it!!!! We didn't get as wet as warmer weather, but still a thrill! :thumbsup:
In mid Oct this year, we got SOAKED. It took all day for Grandma and me to dry out. And you know what? We didn't care -- Disney wet beats dry anywhere else! :D

We rode Everest this trip and the 2nd time was much better. The first time DS and I were in the front seat and it seemed "slow" as the rest of the coaster caught up. DS even missed the Yeti the first time. So we rode again and were in the middle. It was much better, "faster", and I pointed the Yeti out to DS.

On the way to Florida, DS said "you know, Hersheypark is much better than Disney for coasters" and he is right. But at least with Splash, Everest, RnRC, Space Mountain, Test Track, and Soarin' we are still thilled and excited.

TinkerbellFan16
11-20-2007, 09:56 AM
im one that loves roller coasters. the bigger and badder the better. i of course voted for EE. i think that splash is a good ride, but i love EE.

Crystal Palace
11-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Splash Mountain. I've only been on Expedition Everest once, but it was great!:coaster:

BelleandtheBeast
11-20-2007, 07:32 PM
I have not been on everest yet, so I voted for splash. I loved it and always have. :thumbsup:

sanchiplus2
11-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Splash for me, hands down. I rode EE last year when we went, and again last week while at AK, and both times I was close to :ack: The backwards in the dark gets me every time...

I LOVE the theming in Splash Mountain, and would consider it my favorite at MK.

SurferStitch
11-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Despite my love for both; I HAD to vote for Splash. I live in Ohio and we have some of the BEST coasters on earth...I.E. The Beast and Millenium force. Due to this reason i picked Splash. We absolutely LOVE Splash!:thumbsup:

I LOVE Millenium Force. That is an AWESOME coaster!

But, back to the poll....

We love EE. It's an incredible coaster, but....

Splash is a classic. It's so Disney. I looked at it this way....which one would bum me out more if it were closed during our trip? No contest...Splash. :thumbsup:

SignguyTom
11-21-2007, 01:01 PM
I had to go with Splash. The ride is longer and it's nice to get off the feet for a while. EE is awesome, but it is over so quickly.

DisneyDoug2
11-23-2007, 09:28 AM
I have to go with Splash Mountain because of the Song of the South theme!

DisneyGiant
11-23-2007, 12:51 PM
i voted for Splash because it seems to be a longer duration than Everest.

I love both.

EPCOT84
11-23-2007, 01:52 PM
As a favorite, I pick Splash. I see it not as a roller coaster ride but a Disney AA ride that just happens to have that great drop.

EE is more like the Matterhorn on steroids. EE is grand to behold and makes great photo ops. Apples and Oranges really.

Mackflava99
11-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Splash Mountain is tremendous and I always enjoy it.
Everest is newer, and I love it just as much- BUT Splash mountain has alot of good memories too so it wins out.

My twins split on their vote, so it is a tough choice.