PDA

View Full Version : SSR / Booking OKW at 7 months

PoohBear517
11-12-2007, 10:31 AM
I love both of these resorts for various reasons and can't decide which to choose as my home resort. I like SSR for its close proximity to DTD, dining choices, pool, amenities, etc. And I like OKW for its theming, room sizes, layout and low points. I'm tempted to go with SSR to take advantage of the current discount / incentives being offered and for its lower maintenance fees. With that in mind, I would have to wait until the 7-month window to book a stay at OKW. Aside from the holidays, which months are the hardest to book at OKW? Which months are the easiest?
Thanks!

CarolMN
11-12-2007, 10:51 AM
You should be able to get something at OKW at 7 months almost anytime as long as you are willing and able to call day by day for the reservation. You may have to waitlist if you are looking at holiday weeks.

The exception to the above is the 3 bedroom units (aka Grand Villas). Those are very difficult to get most times of the year if you don't have the home resort booking advantage. There is quite a large point difference between a GV at SSR and a GV at OKW. The OKW GVs are larger than those at SSR.

If you think you will want to book a GV, then buy OKW. A few hundred dollars saved up front will not be worth the aggravation of not getting what you want, when you want it.

PoohBear517
11-12-2007, 11:07 AM
So, as long as I don't need a GV at OKW, I should be able to get either a 1-br or 2-br at OKW any time of year without much trouble, correct?
I'm sure we'll visit WDW in early December at some time (I would love to see their Christmas decorations), but we tend to vacation mostly in May and Sept/Oct. And if extended family comes along, we would be more comfortable with each family in their own accommodations (or at least divided among two or more rooms).

CarolMN
11-12-2007, 01:40 PM
So, as long as I don't need a GV at OKW, I should be able to get either a 1-br or 2-br at OKW any time of year without much trouble, correct?...Yes, that is my opinion. (Others may have a diferent opinion). I do recommend calling day by day for at least the early December reservation. May and September usually do not book up right at 7 months, but some October week nights do.

Horizon93
11-12-2007, 11:55 PM
I recently stayed at OKW. It was DW and my first DVC stay. We absolutely became major OKW fans on this trip. I agree with Carol, that you will most likely be able to book at 7 months, but who knows for sure. We are even thinking of adding on there in the future.

PoohBear517
11-13-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the replies... it's going to be a tough decision. :scratch:

I could always buy at one then add on at the other :cloud9: (Are there any restrictions on when you can add-on after making your initial purchase?)

Horizon93
11-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the replies... it's going to be a tough decision. :scratch:

I could always buy at one then add on at the other :cloud9: (Are there any restrictions on when you can add-on after making your initial purchase?)

None at all except for the 25 point minimum for a cash add on and the 50 point minimum for a financed add on.