PDA

View Full Version : organic dining in disney

hatecoldweather
11-12-2007, 09:38 AM
My family is going to Disney in 2 weeks and my mother is on an organic diet. I did a search and came up with nothing.

On site, is there any where she could eat that will cater to her special needs?

Thanks in advance and I still love this site.

Strmchsr
11-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Due to my DS7 being a type 1 diabetic I had a rather lengthy conversation with Disney food services. Here is part of something they sent me in one of our email exchanges:

Are organic products available?

Organic products that meet the USDA’s organic food requirement are in very limited supply. We are always trying to improve upon our existing product line of traditional and/or organic food offerings. Our food procurement standards include a vendor approval process that is designed to consistently achieve high quality products. Introducing a new food product or vendor requires multiple approval steps, regardless of the claims attached to individual foods. We will forward your suggestion to our special dietary needs manager and our procurement department for further consideration. In the meantime we’re optimistic you will find our existing product lines acceptable, and we would be happy to review additional existing options with you.

If she has specific allergies they will work with you to fix her something to avoid that.