PDA

View Full Version : Any coin collectors?

mickey&missy
11-12-2007, 09:36 AM
I found a 1903 Indian Head Penny. Funny thing about it is that I found it falling out of the coin part of my wallet last week when I was paying for something in a store. The only reason I noticed it was because it looked a little different, I figured it was a foreign coin. Later that day I went to take it out of wallet to show DH and it was gone. I was kind of upset, it was cool and over 100 years old.

DH just found it on our bedroom floor! I must have put it in my pocket for safe keeping and forgot I put it there!

Anyway, I'm trying to find out if its worth anything. I googled 1903 indian head penny and found anything between $1 and around $55. It looks, to me, to be in pretty good condition. It's a little shiny. But, the word liberty which apparently was on the indian's headband is worn off.

Any ideas?

DD thought it was cool that the penny was so old. I'll probably just save it and put it in a safe place, this time I'll try to remember where ;)

TIA!!!

Altair
11-12-2007, 07:18 PM
A 1903 Indian Head cent in good condition (no "Liberty" visible on headband) would be worth around $1.35 retail, less if you sold it to a dealer. Too bad it wasn't an 1877, they go for $850.:(

Still it's a rare find today.