PDA

View Full Version : Views at the Poly.

BiloxiMom
11-11-2007, 08:51 PM
YAY!! We booked our trip for the last week of Jan. Now, can anyone help me with the best garden view rooms that have a partial castle or lagoon view? I know this is asked a lot, I should have written it down. I'm so excited!:party:

mousetrapper
11-11-2007, 09:39 PM
I suggest you check out tikiman's web site -- fabulous information about the Poly! Everything you want to know.

We'll be staying at the Poly too! Leaving this Saturday and we can't wait...

This will be our second time there. First time, we were in room 1015 in the Tahiti building -- ground floor with a wonderful view of the Castle. Just a perfect location, IMHO. We had booked a garden view but were able to upgrade onsite (I think because they weren't too crowded that time).

This year we've booked a garden view room again, but I fear the resort will be so booked because of the Thanksgiving holiday that garden view is what we'll have. (I'm not complaining, believe me!!:cloud9:) So I'm trying to figure out the best garden view building and room...

Enjoy your stay! :mickey:

laprana
11-12-2007, 01:07 PM
I know for sure that Tokelau has garden view rooms that actually have views of the lagoon and I think views of the castle. I agree with mousetrapper - definitely check out Tikiman's site (just google "Tikiman" and it should come up). He has every room in every longhouse labeled with the room number, and provides details of what kind of view the rooms have. It's amazing, and really helpful info! Have fun planning! :mickey:

KarenP
11-12-2007, 03:16 PM
You have a chance of a side view of the lagoon in a garden view room in Tokelau if you get a room on the beach end of the building.

Polynesian Dweller
11-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Tokelau east side rooms will give you a partial view, the water is 90 degrees to the left. On the west side you need to be closer to the beach but I think some of those may now be called lagoon view as opposed to the castle view room class.

tikiman
11-12-2007, 05:39 PM
There are two rooms on the west side of Tokelau (2914 and 3914) at the end corner that are considered Lagoon view but they hardly ever charge people the lagoon view price for that room. Most of the rooms down the west side will have a sideways view of the castle between Tokelau and Hawaii longhouse. There is even a photo on my Tokelau page from room 3940 that is the second from the last room away from the beach that shows that you can see the castle and fireworks. A few of the ground floor rooms will be blocked by bushes and trees as you get farther from the beach but most of the upper floors can see the castle. The east side cannot see the castle but it sees more of the lagoon. The only rooms on the east side that can see the castle are the 3 on the very end (1915, 2915 and 3915) so they can look around the corner.

Tokelau is my favorite for a garden view with Samoa second and Fiji third.

Aloha

Steve

Polynesian Dweller
11-12-2007, 05:48 PM
There are two rooms on the west side of Tokelau (2914 and 3914) at the end corner that are considered Lagoon view but they hardly ever charge people the lagoon view price for that room.

Interesting change on the west side. When we stayed two rooms further in (I would assume 3910 though I've lost the number) a few years back that was also considered lagoon view. You could see water but it was a stretch to call it lagoon view.

tikiman
11-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Interesting change on the west side. When we stayed two rooms further in (I would assume 3910 though I've lost the number) a few years back that was also considered lagoon view. You could see water but it was a stretch to call it lagoon view.

The two rooms I mentioned use to be garden view and were changed about 2001 to lagoon view but as far as the Polynesian's database is concerned those are the only two that were ever considered lagoon view rooms.

BiloxiMom
11-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Thank you everyone! I'm going to have MJ request Tokelau: 1915, 2914, 2915, 3915, or 3940. Maybe we'll get lucky! Thanks for the help!

tikiman
11-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Thank you everyone! I'm going to have MJ request Tokelau: 1915, 2914, 2915, 3915, or 3940. Maybe we'll get lucky! Thanks for the help!

I would suggest just requesting Tokelau pool side. If you put more detail (like room numbers) into your request, that information is now put into the new system when the Polynesian gets your reservation and if it does not match the requests than it goes into what ever is next available. You have better chances when keeping your request simple.

Also I just used 3940 as an example that rooms that far down the west side still see the castle but you are better off with ones closer to the beach end.

threeh
11-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Just curious, how is the view from Rapa Nui on the side facing tahiti?? I was going to use Rapa Nui as my back up if we can't get a Tokelau room,
thanks for any info!!!!:mickey:

tikiman
11-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Just curious, how is the view from Rapa Nui on the side facing tahiti?? I was going to use Rapa Nui as my back up if we can't get a Tokelau room,
thanks for any info!!!!:mickey:

I had a room in Rapa Nui facing Tahiti and it was nice but it would not be in my top 5 requests for garden view rooms.