PDA

View Full Version : Luau at Poly..outside?

goingbacktodisney
11-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Is the luau inside or out? Weather permitting or undercover? If outdoors, will I need bugspray?

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
11-11-2007, 10:02 PM
It is outside, but the diners sit under a roof. It will be called because of rain to protect the performers. We've been a few times and the only place where mosquitoes were bad were in the waiting area (before you get seated).

Hope that helps.

Tinkerfreak
11-12-2007, 08:42 AM
We just did this a couple of weeks ago and it was raining off and on. We bought tier one seats and got great ones right front and center. On any other night it would have been great but because it was raining and windy the rain was being blown right at us. My DD and I were getting wet so we had to cover up our legs with napkins. I honestly think they should have called it off because of the fact that it was a wind driven rain and we were not the only guests at the front getting wet. Thank goodness we are from the north so we were not as cold as some of the other guests. Some of them were shivering.

Deansgal85
11-12-2007, 03:30 PM
What do they do if they have to cancel because of weather??? This will be our last night (11-24-07) at WDW....and we are using 2 TS apiece for this show....if they cancel....what becomes of our TS credits???

Thanks!

7 more days!!!:mickey:7 more days!:mickey:7more days:mickey:

laprana
11-12-2007, 05:13 PM
We did the luau in June 2006 and we didn't have any problems with mosquitos. Not sure if mosquitos are a problem at WDW this time of year, though. I do know that the luau will be cancelled if there is inclement weather. I'm not entirely sure what happens to the luau guests if it is cancelled. Last summer, we had reservations at Kona Cafe and it was absolutely pouring down rain that night. All the people from the luau had been herded into the Great Ceremonial House and were sitting in the upstairs lobby area outside of Kona and the gift shop. Some of them were trying to get tables at Kona, so I guess they were just out of luck for a meal that night.:confused: I would think that they would have to do something if the luau was cancelled, like refund your TS credits, but I'm not really sure how that works. Hopefully it won't rain while you're there and you won't have to worry at all! Have a great trip! :mickey:

biodtl
11-12-2007, 07:52 PM
the only place where mosquitoes were bad were in the waiting area (before you get seated).
Yes - definitely take some bug spray for this part. Once you get to the seating are, it's fine, though.