PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Broken?

Chescat
11-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Well I figured I'd try fireworks again and hope in the new build that they fixed it. Been trying for a while to get in a game and all we do is sit in the lobby. The counters shows Game Starts in 0 seconds. People said its been broken all day.

So how do we get credits if the outside games and fireworks is broken (if you don't have all the costumes for the game loaded until today) for months. :mad:

OhGee
11-11-2007, 06:23 PM
This must have just happened today because I was able to play a few games the other day. Of course, I only attempted it after I strolled around VMK for a while loading as many outfits as possible. In the past I have also had that problem where it goes down to zero seconds then leaves me in the lobby. Wish they would just put up a rank list instead of showing the top three leaders on each level. This would resolve a lot of the crashing problems with fireworks. This USED to be my main way of building credits. Hope they fix it soon.

Blue Genie
11-12-2007, 01:33 AM
I didn't play it today but in the pass I get thow the first row and then I will crash.

PinkJJ
11-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Of course, I only attempted it after I strolled around VMK for a while loading as many outfits as possible.

Wait! Hang on a second. Not to change the subject (because I tend to do that), but what is this about loading outfits? What do you do? Put them all on? Does it help your game? And why am I always the last to know these things? Do you guys have a secret forum that I don't know about? ;)

OhGee
11-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Pink, I just basically walk around VMK. When I go into a room with people, their outfits load (the blue spinning under the avatar heads). I try to go through a few busy rooms with the greatest chance of loading as many different clothing items as I can. Then, when I play Fireworks, I have a better chance of not getting disconnected.

WDWfanatic742
11-12-2007, 03:16 PM
You crash in Fireworks because the game can't find the clothing for the characters loaded on your computer, so it's default is probably to shut down the game.

chrisb26
11-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Wait! Hang on a second. Not to change the subject (because I tend to do that), but what is this about loading outfits? What do you do? Put them all on? Does it help your game? And why am I always the last to know these things? Do you guys have a secret forum that I don't know about? ;)

I think the big problem is mostly because of how you can view the top 3 people. After the first round if you haven't loaded what the top 3 have on it might even be more but for sure the top 3 you will crash because they didn't build it into the game to load clothes through fireworks. This is a big issue right now. I don't like the fact that you have to walk around for a long time before you can actually play the game what is worse is once you get everything loaded if you for some reason DC you'll have to do that loading all over again.

PinkJJ
11-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Ah! Thank you for the help, Ohgee, Dino and Fan. :) I never knew this was a problem. But then again, I never play fireworks. I did, however, hear someone in the pirate lobby saying he needed to load all of his furniture so he wouldn't have lag in the pirate game. I am not sure why that would help, but perhaps it does.

Would it help to load your own clothing, instead of needing to visit so many rooms? I guess, you would still need to visit some rooms since the boys and girls have different items.

Patricia
11-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Now isn't that interesting? I had no idea about costumes, but I don't play fireworks.

My daycare kids have almost completely stopped playing VMK because they can't get enough credits to buy new items anymore. When every thing is over 500 credits, they can't do it. Their computer times are so limited they can't even buy the weekly pins, let alone anything cool like the royal castle prop or a full costume. They say it's too frustrating. Yesterday there were two of them playing fireworks, both crashed and moved onto playing Webkinz.