PDA

View Full Version : Disney Vacation Club??

A Foolish Mortal
11-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Is it worth being in the Vacation Club???? How much of an impact did it make on your vacations???

Ed
11-11-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm going to move your post over to the dedicated DVC Forum... hold on to you hat... here we go..............

DVC Mike
11-11-2007, 04:08 PM
If you typically go to WDW at least once every 2 years, and you typically stay in a deluxe resort, then the answer is a definite YES.

It seems that, after you buy DVC, you end up going to WDW more than you did before.

A Foolish Mortal
11-11-2007, 05:00 PM
At least we go once every 2 years. We're hoping to get annual passes along with DVC.

dlpmikki
11-11-2007, 05:36 PM
The annual pass discount are a nice current perk that I hope continues. DVC has been great for us and we have ended up going more often like Mike said.

Have a look on info central at more information about how DVC works. That may help you decide if it would work for you.

MarkC
11-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Your post doesn't indicate where you live. For instance, we live in Nebraska but know we usually make a yearly visit. In 2008 we will go to WDW on August 10-15. We'll buy an annual pass and go from about August 5-10 in 2009 to maximize our passes. We use a Disney Visa to pay our maintenance fees. So for 2008 we get a $100 discount on annual passes but our motel is taken care of. In 2009 our expenses will be for travel and food only. We'll have no motel or ticket expense, which would cost us a lot if we just took a normal vacation. If you know you want to visit WDW almost every year it will save you a lot of money eventually. You can see more benefits if you review the "why to buy" forum in this section of Intercot.

MinnieMommie
11-12-2007, 11:50 AM
We prefer delux accomodations and like to visit at least 1 x per year so it has been so nice for us. The other consideration for my family is that most of our children are over 18. In a delux we would have to pay $25 extra for each of them. With the DVC membership that is not an issue. I came to DVC late and wish I had made the move sooner. :mickey:

PetefromRI
11-12-2007, 08:37 PM
We like to stay in a moderate twice a year and a value 1 time that same year.Usually 2 trips at 5 nights per trip and 1 trip 7-8 nights.Sounds like it might be a good deal for us.We'd only need a studio because it's only my wife and I traveling.We're also AP holders so what kind of break would we get on those?

MarkC
11-13-2007, 01:56 PM
You save $100 on annual passes. For three trips a year, you need to find out what your favorite resort is (i.e. Beach Club, etc.) and determine the dates you normally like to vacation. Then look at the charts and see how many points you might use on a yearly basis. For most resorts there are resales via the Timeshare Store. They are an official Intercot sponsor. We purchased through them and it was easy.

Zippy_D_DooDah
11-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Is it worth being in the Vacation Club???? How much of an impact did it make on your vacations???

YES!!!!! We went from one vacation a year to 2-3 trips a year. We were there last December (2-Bedroom at SSR), February (2 Bedroom at OKW), and September (2 studios at OKW). We are so addicted to going (and we are only about 6-7 hours away by car in Atlanta) we will be heading down for a quick 3 days in December to see the dream lights on the castle, go to MVMCP, see the Osbourne Lights, and hopefully the Candlelight Processional. This is not a DVC trip, but I was able to use my AP for some great discounts at ASM. Our next DVC trip is in March and we will be staying in a one bedroom at BWV. Even though we go a lot, we can't wait to go back. We always get home from a trip and slide back into our "real life" routine and about a week later we are jonesing for Disney. I'm just gald we were able to pull off a quick trip in December.

NewmanFamily6
11-15-2007, 03:58 PM
As a family of 6 is just made financial sense to us. We love Disney World and if it were not for DVC we definitely would not be goging on the cruise in January with the children:mickey: We only go once a year because it is so many points for us but plan to add on in the future:thumbsup:

disneycouple2004
11-16-2007, 12:42 PM
We prefer the deluxe accomodations also..and now it seems we tend to go every year instead of every other year or so.. Also makes more sense for us since we tend to spend more time at our resort and in our room than most folks do..We are pretty laid back and like to take our time..we always see and do everything we want..of course when you have spent 3-6 weeks per year at Disney when we were just kids it helps :thumbsup: