PDA

View Full Version : AAA Package Discount?

bouldertcr
11-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Please help clear up my confusion. I am an AAA member. If I purchase a MYW package (resort and tix) through AAA, is it cheaper than purchasing through Disney? I was under the impression that the price of the package is the same regardless if you purchase through AAA or Disney. If there is a discount, what is it?

Now I do understand that if I book a room only ressie, I receive an AAA discount.

Thanks in advance for the help!

WishesFan13
11-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Yes you do get a AAA discount on the package. The amount changes depending on what level of resort you stay at, but my DH and i keep out AAA membership just for the Disney discount. We save more money then the membership costs for a year. We also have a really great AAA travel agent who we have dealt with for the past 5 years who sets everything up for us. Check with your local office to see what the discount is but i think we have saved about $150 in the past when staying at Coronado with a package.

WELCOME TO INTERCOT!!

Fallendroplet
11-10-2007, 09:28 PM
AAA discount is better than no discount. The discount depends on the hotel...delux or whatnot...

And welcome to intercot!! :congrats:

Donalds Duckie
11-11-2007, 01:37 PM
I believe you get the AAA discount on the room portion of the package when you book through AAA. If you book outside AAA (yourself, Disney Travel, or non-AAA TA) you can only apply AAA discount to room only reservations.

Hmm, I have a question. Let's suppose Disney offers the Free Dining package again in Aug/Sept. 2008. Would booking through AAA Travel get the AAA discount on the room portion as well as the free dining? If so, that would be a great deal.:mickey:

KarenP
11-11-2007, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE Hmm, I have a question. Let's suppose Disney offers the Free Dining package again in Aug/Sept. 2008. Would booking through AAA Travel get the AAA discount on the room portion as well as the free dining? If so, that would be a great deal.:mickey:[/QUOTE]

No, Disney only allows one discount per package so you could not have both.

Donalds Duckie
11-11-2007, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE Hmm, I have a question. Let's suppose Disney offers the Free Dining package again in Aug/Sept. 2008. Would booking through AAA Travel get the AAA discount on the room portion as well as the free dining? If so, that would be a great deal.:mickey:

No, Disney only allows one discount per package so you could not have both.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your expedient response. I, personally, have no itentions of returning to WDW for a few years and when I do I'll book myself through Disney Travel like I used to do. I was simply tossing out a question/thought for anyone using AAA.

bouldertcr
11-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies. Now, I get it!

steveknj
11-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Spoke to TWO different AAA TAs and they told me if you book the Magic Your Way package, there's no AAA discount. Are they blowing smoke or is there a discount? I'm looking for a deal similar to the Magic Your Way packages that Disney is showing on their website:

Moderate Room (prefer Port Orleans)
Basic or Deluxe Dining (depending on cost difference)
Basic Park Tix (no need for park hopper, but for same price, obviously, I'll take PH.

Everything else (AIR, Magic Express, etc.) are out of scope for this question.

#1donaldfan
11-13-2007, 12:30 PM
AAA only gives a room only discount...your hopper passes will not be discounted.....the % off is calculated according to value / mod / deluxe. Plus, you get % off shopping at DtD and some % off a various restaraunts...I think the shopping is with your diamond card....

KarenP
11-13-2007, 12:31 PM
The AAA discount is subject to availability so it is quite possible there could be none offered for your resort and/or dates of travel.