PDA

View Full Version : pirate and princess event

thejens
11-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Is this event at MK worth making an effort for? I've already planned out my days in May at different parks, but I see the Pirate and Princess event at MK. I seem to vaguely remember seeing some pirates in front of POC when I was there last. Is that all? What does this event consist of? I have two pirates and one little princess with me, but don't want to rearrange all my plans unless it would really be worth it! Thanks for any input.

Nekochan
11-10-2007, 06:25 PM
The night I went it was soaking wet, but if you can, I would go.

First of all, the PNP fireworks are NOT TO BE MISSED!!! They are awesome. I would go for the fireworks alone, plus there's a special parade.

There is a place you can go to meet Captain Jack Sparrow, and other places you can go to meet the princesses.

There is a 'treasure hunt' - they give you a bag and you hunt for the places where they're giving out candy and beads.

I would say if you can do it, then go. and have fun.

joanna71985
11-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Is this event at MK worth making an effort for? I've already planned out my days in May at different parks, but I see the Pirate and Princess event at MK. I seem to vaguely remember seeing some pirates in front of POC when I was there last. Is that all? What does this event consist of? I have two pirates and one little princess with me, but don't want to rearrange all my plans unless it would really be worth it! Thanks for any input.

Oh, yes it is! I have been to 3 of them, and they are so much fun! There are many rare characters (a lot of whom are not out any other time). There are stations with candy and "treasure". The parade is cute, and the fireworks are worth the whole admision.

DisneyGRL7
11-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Besides all of the perks listed above, I have heard there are less crowds at the P&P Parties, allowing for much shorter, or even nonexistent, wait times, which is always a good thing:)

BronxTigger
11-11-2007, 10:26 AM

It is worth it. I went twice in August and felt it was worth the money. During the event they add some decorations to the park (mainly at the entrance) as well as big globe lights with an "X" on them. The X corresponds with the X locations on the "treasure map" you recieve when you enter the park. You are also given a little treasure bag for the goodies you get at the X locations, which are either chocolate candy pieces or bead necklaces. Most of the X spots are in groups of 2, and one will be candy and one will be the necklace. Each necklace is a different color, so try to collect them all.

Additionally, there is one parade that has 2 showings and an AMAZING fireworks show that shows once. There are a few dance parties and other special events scattered throughout the park (like meeting Jack Sparrow). There was also a company that came in and was selling necklaces that each had one piece of treasure from a real shipwreck on them. The prices for many of the items were very reasonable. Additionally, most of the rides in the park were open and some of the food service places.

It is well worth it. Go!

thejens
11-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks for all your information. It sounds like the kids would love it. Is it a night time only event? What time does it start? Would we need to be there the whole time or is after dinner okay?

mickey&missy
11-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Pirates and Princesses runs from 7 to midnight. It's a hard ticket event. Meaning you have to have a ticket to be in MK after 7. There is a lot of info in intercot info central (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/pnpparty/default.asp)

We haven't been to the party yet. We're going on March 11th. I can't wait!! If it's anything like Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party it will be a blast!!!!

Enjoy the party and have a :pixie: magical vacation!!!!

joanna71985
11-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Thanks for all your information. It sounds like the kids would love it. Is it a night time only event? What time does it start? Would we need to be there the whole time or is after dinner okay?

The parties run from 7pm to midnight. However, with the party tickets you can get into the MK at 4pm. So you can arrive anytime you want after 4.

Brainy Belle
11-12-2007, 10:45 AM
I went to this event in August and thought it was sort of a waste of 80 bucks. I'd never been to a ticketed Disney event and thought that DBF and I would just have a blast searching for pirate booty. Well, we had a blast but not because of anything specific about the party but more that we were at MK enjoying what Disney has to offer.

I don't know if it was our age (23, 22) but searching for treasure wasn't all that exciting we did collect all of the necklaces. Plus, we kept getting the same old boring Hershey Kisses which we ended up throwing away (no need for us to eat so much candy when the dining plan was free). The parade was good but I don't remember seeing a whole lot of characters. Lines were short, however, and we were able to do Space Mountain four times in a row with little wait.

The fireworks, on the other hand, were amazing and while not worth 80 bucks to me, are certainly a real treat. I would say if you're kids are really into Pirates or Princesses (and seeking them and their treasures out) that this would be a fun activity, but I personally wouldn't pay for it again.

Enjoy your trip whatever you choose to do!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-12-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm 22, turning 23 in March, and I went by myself in August. It was great, to see the place decorated with all the pirate themes. I went dressed up so I got a lot of comments about it from the characters and CM's. Jack Sparrow was there doing a meet and greet and remembered meeting me back in February (at a non-P&P event) so that made my night.

The parade is cute but I think it was too much of a Princess theme and not enough Pirate, plus it's a little slow - unlike the other parades that have more upbeat songs (I would place it along the lines of Tapestry of Dreams as far as tempo).

The fireworks are absolutely amazing, the best ones we have to offer. They are better than Hallowishes, and I just loved them. It focused on both the romance and the adventure of Disney.

The candy last year really wasn't that great because it was the Hershey Kisses...I had gotten over 40 lbs and ended up giving most away as Halloween Candy (since I got about 15 from MNSSHP). But I found it to be fun to try and find all the candy locations - it really was like treasure hunting because we wanted to get them all.

The second time, I went with my friend and it was even more fun. I recommend going.:thumbsup:

joanna71985
11-12-2007, 05:34 PM
I am 22, and love going to the P&P. There are some really rare characters out (and also the VIPs are dressed like pirates or princesses). Overall at the 3 parties I have seen:
*Mickey (dressed like a pirate)
*Minnie (dressed like a princess)
*Goofy (pirate)
*Pluto (pirate)
*Donald (pirate)
*Daisy (princess)
*Chip and Dale (space rangers)
*Lilo and Stitch (pirate and alien, I believe)
*Cinderella
*Snow White and Dopey
*Aurora
*Belle
*Jasmine
*Abu and Genie
*Prince Ali (photo only)
*Sebastian, Flounder, Carmen, and Fantail
*Captain Jack
*Pocahontas, John Smith, and Meeko
*stepfamily
*Ariel

And at the first set of parties (Jan-March 2007) the princes were out. I saw Prince Charming, Philip, Snow Prince, and Eric.

thejens
11-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Wow, sounds like the kids would love it. Yet another way for WDW to **** even MORE money out of me!!!! Oh, well. I just can't help it.:pirate::princess:

Brainy Belle
11-14-2007, 09:05 AM
I am 22, and love going to the P&P

I wasn't saying that 22 or 23 year olds shouldn't love going to P & P but for the DBF and I, it seemed like it would have been a little more fun if we were:

a) a little younger
b) in a costume

we definitely thought that we had a great time, it just wasn't enhanced by a treasure map and candy. there also may have been a number of characters, I just don't remember seeing any outside of the stepsisters, but I wasn't really looking for them - I was more into the short wait times and the cool fireworks.