PDA

View Full Version : Magic Your Way=No Park Hopper?

tarkin
11-10-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm just looking at the WDW site and notice that all of the '08 packages include admission for one park per day. Are park hopper passes no longer available? I can't think of the last time we hit just one park in a day!

JPL
11-10-2007, 01:16 PM
You have to purchase the Park Hopper add-on to the MYW Ticket. Just mention that when you book the package. I think they are hiding the Park Hopper add-on to keep the base price of the package lower to make it more appealing.

GrumpyFan
11-10-2007, 01:55 PM
I just played around with booking a trip online, and they automatically added the park hopper, plus water parks fun and more. If you don't want it, you have to expand the Tickets section, then un-check the boxes.

It's kinda nice how Disney just automatically assumes that you want the Preferred room, and the park hopper, plus the water parks fun and more option, and goes ahead and adds them to your package. But seriously, I know they're trying to sell the most they can.

tarkin
11-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Whew! I'm glad it's still available. Once we took advantage of the Park Hopper we definetly enjoyed the trip more. I can remember going to Blizzard Beach for the afternoon and then a quick hop to Animal Kingdom to ride Kali River Rapids while still in our bathing suits. A quick towel dry and we were off to dinosaur for 3 rides with no waiting!

handmaidenofprincesses
11-10-2007, 10:46 PM
If you want the prices laid out for you, go to your local disney store. I work in TDS and I know each one not only sells tickets but has brochures with an explanation of prices and options. :mickey:

GrumpyFan
11-10-2007, 11:37 PM
You could also look here (http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/tickets/passes/magicyourway.asp) on Intercot.

DisneyGRL7
11-11-2007, 12:00 AM
It's kinda nice how Disney just automatically assumes that you want the Preferred room, and the park hopper, plus the water parks fun and more option, and goes ahead and adds them to your package. But seriously, I know they're trying to sell the most they can.

I saw that on the website while making an itinerary today and could not stop laughing...the thing is, I'm sure there are some people out there who don't even realize it and just book that ticket without checking into it first

gerald72
11-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Whew! I'm glad it's still available. Once we took advantage of the Park Hopper we definetly enjoyed the trip more. I can remember going to Blizzard Beach for the afternoon and then a quick hop to Animal Kingdom to ride Kali River Rapids while still in our bathing suits. A quick towel dry and we were off to dinosaur for 3 rides with no waiting!

Blizzard Beach and Animal Kingdom in the same day is not park hopping. That can be accomplished with the Water Parks and more option, even without the Park Hopper.

lindique
11-11-2007, 10:24 AM
I saw that on the website while making an itinerary today and could not stop laughing...the thing is, I'm sure there are some people out there who don't even realize it and just book that ticket without checking into it first
I'm sure that's exactly what they had in mind.:spend:

(Wow! The perfect smilie - I never noticed it before - you guys are great!)

tarkin
11-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Blizzard Beach and Animal Kingdom in the same day is not park hopping. That can be accomplished with the Water Parks and more option, even without the Park Hopper.

Technically, no but it was the first thing that came to mind. We've also used it to spend a day at a park and then dinner at Epcot. I find it really comes in handy on the last day of the trip when you want to finish up some shopping or squeeze in one more favorite ride.

gerald72
11-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Technically, no but it was the first thing that came to mind. We've also used it to spend a day at a park and then dinner at Epcot. I find it really comes in handy on the last day of the trip when you want to finish up some shopping or squeeze in one more favorite ride.

I just wanted people to know that they can do a Water Park and a Theme Park on the same day without buying the Park Hopper.
I personally don't buy the Park Hopper. I can't see paying $45 per person (more than a day's admission if you are there for 4 days) unless it is something you use every day of the trip.

tarkin
11-11-2007, 10:15 PM
I like it because the more times we go to WDW, the more flexible we are in how we approach each day. We tend to not hit one park per day as often as we used to.

meandmydog1
11-11-2007, 10:38 PM
I love the park hopper. If one park is too full we just bounce to another, ride the rides we want there, go to Epcot to eat and then on to somewhere else. I could never imagine NOT having the park hopper.

SBETigg
11-11-2007, 11:12 PM
I love the park hopper. If one park is too full we just bounce to another, ride the rides we want there, go to Epcot to eat and then on to somewhere else. I could never imagine NOT having the park hopper.

I'm with you. We get more out of our trips when we hop and wouldn't even consider not hopping at this point (which works out far less than $45 a day with the MYW package over about ten days anyway). It's well worth hopping for us. And you just have to play around with the site to get what you want.

mttafire
11-12-2007, 09:33 AM
We dont use the parkhopper. We just do one park per day. We get more out of our vacation by not buying one. Also, It is a way for us to save a little money by not buying one. We spend that money on other expenses:mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
11-13-2007, 09:35 AM
We dont use the parkhopper. We just do one park per day. We get more out of our vacation by not buying one. Also, It is a way for us to save a little money by not buying one. We spend that money on other expenses:mickey:

Ditto for our family. :thumbsup:

We bought the Hopper before kids but, once we had them it was easier to just stay at one park each day.

TheRustyScupper
11-13-2007, 11:07 AM
1) Many people think, "Oh, well, it is only $45+tax."
2) But, for a family of four, that is over $190.
3) Sure buys a lot of food or souvenirs.

NOTE: We don't hop. It is just as easy to plan a day and not go bouncing between parks. Besides, it costs at least 1-hour to hop. Besides, just because it is Disney, it does not mean it is OK to squander bucks.

tarkin
11-13-2007, 11:09 AM
1) ...just because it is Disney, it does not mean it is OK to squander bucks.[/I]

;) An excellent point!

seashoreCM
11-13-2007, 11:06 PM
From time to time Disney has offered the hopping add on and/or the water park add on for no extra charge when you book certain packages for certaind dates.

Check the package description.

If you do book one of those packages and want to upgrade the ticket further, such as make it non-expiring, you should give the ticket a little usage first. This way you pay only the added cost of the upgrades. For a totally unused ticket you would have to pay the difference between what the ticket after upgrade would have cost and the price you already paid, which is less favorable.

marcellaruella
11-15-2007, 11:41 AM
If you do book one of those packages and want to upgrade the ticket further, such as make it non-expiring, you should give the ticket a little usage first. This way you pay only the added cost of the upgrades.

Is this true? I'm about to buy tickets for our upcoming trip and was planning to get 10 day Park Hopper with No Exp - even though I'll only use 4 days - because the per day cost was going to be cheaper. So if I buy without the no expiration option, I can add it when there are only six days left on the tickets and pay the $65 for the remaining six days. That would save me alot.

Can anyone confirm or post a link to where this might be disclosed?

CleveRocks
11-15-2007, 05:34 PM
If you do book one of those packages and want to upgrade the ticket further, such as make it non-expiring, you should give the ticket a little usage first. This way you pay only the added cost of the upgrades.

Is this true? I'm about to buy tickets for our upcoming trip and was planning to get 10 day Park Hopper with No Exp - even though I'll only use 4 days - because the per day cost was going to be cheaper. So if I buy without the no expiration option, I can add it when there are only six days left on the tickets and pay the $65 for the remaining six days. That would save me alot.

Can anyone confirm or post a link to where this might be disclosed?No, it's not true. It's also not what seashoreCM was trying to say.:mickey:

I'm not 100% familiar with what seashoreCM is trying to say, but I know him from another forum and I am 100% sure that he knows better than to say that if you upgrade a partially used ticket to non-expiring that you'd only need to pay for the upgrade for the remaining days. That statement would not be true, and I'm certain seashoreCM knows that. The cost of upgrading a 10-day pass to non-expiring is something like $150, regardless of how many days are left on the ticket.

On a related subject ....

In your case, you plan to use 4 park days and have 6 left over. If those 6 leftover days will FULLY AND COMPLETELY cover your park ticket needs for one or more future trips, then it's a good deal. But if you're not sure what your future needs are, or if you're sure that in addition to those 6 leftover days that you'll need to buy one or more additional days, then buying the no expiration feature is a horribly bad deal.

Disney expects that many people will think it's a great deal, but if you have to buy additional tickets to add to the leftovers to cover your future needs, then you're ripping yourself off to the tune of hundreds of dollars. I won't bore anyone with the math unless asked, but I can spell it all out (to prove it) if anyone asks.

goofy for pluto
11-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Unless there have been some major changes in the way they sell tickets, No.. it is not true.
You still have to pay non-expiration for all of the days, even if some of them have been used.