PDA

View Full Version : Cool Placemats

browneyedgirl12
11-10-2007, 12:43 PM
In preparation for Thanksgiving when a lot of our family members are coming over I had the job of making placemats. The placemats that I've been making are really cool. Here's how you do it:

1) Gather some really pretty leaves and get a variety of colors.
2) Take two sheets of wax paper that are approximatley the same size (if they aren't its no big deal you can trim the edges later) and lay them out on the table.
3) Arrange some of your leaves on one of the sheets of wax paper
4) Place the second sheet of wax paper right on top of the first piece so that the edges line up
5) Take a hot iron and go over the wax papers until they are firmly in place and the leaves don't move inside.
6) If you mess up no big deal just pull the wax papers apart and start over.:thumbsup:

I loved this idea. It was fun and its gonna look great on Thanksgiving. Just thought I'd share something cool I learned with you guys.:D

mrsgaribaldi
11-15-2007, 02:22 AM
It does sound nice. I bet they look great on the table:thumbsup:

jrkcr
11-17-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm going to do his with my 8 year old, thanks! She is sick with a cold and has to stay in for a few days, so this will give us something to make, and show off to the grandparents coming for Thanksgiving! :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
11-18-2007, 01:52 AM
:thumbsup: What a neat idea!! I'm going to share it w/ my girls -- I bet they'd love to make some for the holiday. Thanks for sharing w/ us!! :)