PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter 11/09

chrisb26
11-09-2007, 09:54 PM
11/9 – Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

Announcing his royal highness, King Yavn with a proclamation for the Kingdom! Enchanted Tales month is explained, exciting new items are announced and more! All hail his lordship and the latest edition of Yavn Speaketh!

The King's Court

Greetings citizens of Virtual Magic Kingdom! It is a glorious day in VMK! How did everyone enjoy their Halloween? I hope you made out as well as I did. I've got enough gummi bears and chocolate to last a lifetime& or at least until next Halloween!

A VMK'er becomes a Mickey Pumpkin!

Thanks to all the citizens of the Kingdom that wore VMK Halloween attire and helped make the month so spooktacular – I must admit some of you frightened even me!

At VMK Central, we're hard at work getting more holiday cheer ready for you! And I've got some great news about that, but first, I need to take care of a little business...

Earning Stuff – Honestly!

OK, everybody wants cool stuff right? As you know you can win cool VMK stuff by playing our mini-games. I need to remind you though that you should only play those games (and VMK) with the software provided for download at VMK.com. Using other software to play VMK or generate codes from our system (and trust me, we know when you do it) will get your VMK account banned forever – and nobody wants that.

We've already banned many players for this, if you get banned for this violation, you won't get a second chance.

You see, modifying or changing the way VMK or any of the mini-games work (in any way) is never permitted and against the VMK Values. Though you might not know it, such software can interfere with the game and affects lots of other players too – and can even sometime result in a system crash. This means VMK Staff has to stop creating new, fun things so we can figure out what happened – and that's not good!

Alright, now that I got that out of the way, let's talk about that fantasy-filled month ahead!

Fall Fantasy Reigns

If you haven't guessed, the holidays are right around the corner, and what better way to celebrate this magical time than by reliving some classic enchanted Disney tales with your family and friends! That's why it's "Enchanted Tales" month in VMK! All month long we've got items and special events planned just for you!

For starters, I'm sure you've already checked out those Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora costumes – these fantastic outfits will make sure you look your best when battling fire-breathing dragons or just heading to a royal ball.

Royal clothing fit for a King (or Queen)!

Not only have we introduced these new outfits, but we're also giving you new items to build your Guest or Dark Ride rooms with! Plus more furniture and ride props will be coming to a VMK Shop near you in the week's ahead (be sure to read the Event Info section right here on the Newsletter page for more info and release dates).

November's enchanting items include Royal costumes, clouds, columns, and more!

As part of our celebration of Disney's tales of enchantment, you'll also have the chance to get your very own royal throne, plus other special rewards as part of the "Prince and Princess Ride-A-Thon" that you can only get by participating in the Ride-A-Thon later this month. The Royal Celebration concludes with a special event over the Thanksgiving Holiday – I can't tell you about that just yet but I can tell you the new Disney feature film, Enchanted (http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/enchanted/) will be a part of it!

You've probably noticed the holidays have already started in VMK, this is just the start of a fantastic holiday season! I'll have more news in a few weeks about the upcoming events and items you'll see in December – until then keep your eyes on the Event Info section here on the Newsletter!

"All the Leaves are Brown&"

Okay&Maybe they aren't brown where you are yet, but we can watch them change colors together with this month's "Fab 5 Fall Leaves" pin series! As each pin is released, you will see the leaf in the background change color like on a real tree! The Mickey Pin is the first of the 5 Pin set (check out that snazzy Donald pin!) be sure to collect them all!

Watch the leaves change color with VMK!

VMK Gallery Pin Exhibit

I hope you had a chance to swing by the VMK Gallery and say hello to VMK's very own TikiT during the Grand Opening of his pin art exhibit.

TikiT says hello to some players in the VMK Gallery.

Tiki's an artist for VMK and he makes the awesome pins we all collect. For the rest of the month the VMK Gallery will be showcasing his pin art, so be sure to stop by the Gallery and take a look. If you didn't have a chance to visit with TikiT don't worry, we'll have many more events like this in the future, so stay tuned!

King Yavn's Mailbag

I've been getting email from players asking about the VMK Trading Card Game: Advanced. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it. We're making sure that it is everything we promised it would be before releasing it. So keep watching the Newsletter for updates on when it will be available. Don't worry&it will be here soon!

Many of you have also written in about some of the problems you've seen with game features, billboards and loading screens. The new functionality in the game has caused a few problems we're still working out - so please be patient. We should have those bugs squashed very shortly.

In the meantime, I hope you guys like all the new stuff – we've got lots more great events and items on the way!

To the Castle!

Alright, that's it for my Royal Proclamation. Perhaps I'll hop in my royal carriage and visit Disneyland this weekend! All this talk of fantasy and enchantment has made me hungry for a churro from the Fantasyland churro cart! And since Thanksgiving is just around the corner, maybe I'll have a turkey leg too!

See you in VMK!

Yavn

WDWfanatic742
11-09-2007, 10:58 PM
So is TikiT going to become the new Yavn in VMK? Sure seems like it. I still don't think that is Yavn's handwriting or language at all.

LittleDragonErin
11-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah, didn't sound like Yavn.

I was on earlier and tried to visit TikiT since I haven't seen him in a while, but was kind of shocked there was a queue for the room he was in. Found out Lily was also in the room so figured she was the one causing the line up. Guess I was wrong. :P

chrisb26
11-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Yeah, didn't sound like Yavn.

I was on earlier and tried to visit TikiT since I haven't seen him in a while, but was kind of shocked there was a queue for the room he was in. Found out Lily was also in the room so figured she was the one causing the line up. Guess I was wrong. :P

I saw TikiT earlier before vmk actually announced that he would be in the gallery. I think its funny after they announced he would be out in the gallery i went to see if I could find him again and every gallery I went in people where asking who he was not many knew but they all went to see :D

LittleDragonErin
11-10-2007, 01:57 PM
I saw TikiT earlier before vmk actually announced that he would be in the gallery. I think its funny after they announced he would be out in the gallery i went to see if I could find him again and every gallery I went in people where asking who he was not many knew but they all went to see :D

TikiT is very low key about what he does...or was. Which is why this came as a big surprise to me to see him in the newsletter. I wonder if he'll actually answer questions about which pins he did design now rather than the usual "maybe". Lol!

mickeynuts
11-10-2007, 04:31 PM
I was wondering what in the world people were cheating now, and then I saw some people telling others how to do it today. I tried and tried to tell them it was a cheat and would get them banned, but as they argued with me that it was not, they all disappeared one by one. Seems they are serious about it earning an immediate ban, so be careful out there. They were convincing people that it was an official vmk thing and it was ok to do it, and kid after kid was doing it. I just hope the kids who didn't know better get another chance.
:cool: Laura