PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

Joannah
11-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Anyone have a clue as to what the crowds will be like the week after Thanksgiving? We have planned a last minute trip for the 27th and are staying at the Poly for the first time. (EXCITED!!) Also, I tried to get an appt. at the BBB and it was booked, anyone had luck getting a res. that day from cancellations? Also, anyone taken their son to BBB yet? Sorry for all the questions.

Strmchsr
11-09-2007, 07:10 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

I've been that week several years (including this one) and it has gotten increasingly more crowded each year. It seems due to the guide books people have the mistaken impression that this week is not crowded at all so everyone tries to go that week. It's not horrible, but don't expect walk on rides either. Actually, mid-December has become less crowded. At any rate, just use your fastpass, have a plan and you'll be fine.

Tinkerfreak
11-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Just came back Sunday and DD did BBB. They were turning away all walk-ups and were running over 30 minutes behind. I would keep calling back to try to get something. Make sure not to tell her that you are taking her unless you get an appointment. I saw so many little girls whos parents had told them they could do it without realizing they needed an appointment and the girls were so dissappointed when they could not do it. I thought that maybe the one at DD would be less crowded because of the one opening in the castle but it was just as packed when we went by it.

LONESTAR
11-09-2007, 11:47 PM
We have gone several times that week and it has always been nice the monday after :turkey: day. This year we arrive on 20th and leave on 12/4 it will be our longest trip so far :yay::yay: but we stay at the FORT.

tinklover
11-20-2007, 01:19 PM
:wave::welcome::wave: welcome to intercot.
iIthink you may be mistaking BBB with the barber shop . BBB is for lil girls to be made into princesses and have theier hair and make up done . the barber shop has no reservations it is first come first serve and they cut hair and style hair and they have cool color hair gels and mickey confetti they put in your hair. I hope this helps you some.

tyandskyesmom
11-20-2007, 02:42 PM
:wave::welcome::wave: welcome to intercot.
iIthink you may be mistaking BBB with the barber shop . BBB is for lil girls to be made into princesses and have theier hair and make up done . the barber shop has no reservations it is first come first serve and they cut hair and style hair and they have cool color hair gels and mickey confetti they put in your hair. I hope this helps you some.

BBB has a "cool Dude " package for boys...Tyler has a reservation in the castle in January. It sounds basically like the treatment in the barber shoppe but without the cut. I was told it was $10.00...which is cheaper than the barber shoppe (probably because you are not getting acut).

tinkerbell04
11-21-2007, 01:31 PM
We did a cool dude package for my nephew along with the princess package for my DD last December. They both loved them! The Cool Dude package for the boys was 10.00 and they have a book to choose styles from and different colored hair gel. They also stenciled Mickey's head in red glitter onto the back of his head. They also do not make the boys wear the pink princess capes, they have plain black ones for the boys. :mickey:

goofysbabe
11-21-2007, 02:48 PM
A few years back we left for WDW Thanksgiving Day and were there the following week. When we arrived on Friday it was rather busy and Sat. was kinda busy the rest of our time we kinda had the park to ourselves. It was really nice. The weather was hot during the day and cool at night. Enjoy your trip!