PDA

View Full Version : EMH more crowdedthan parks without?

Meteora
11-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Hi everyone,

My family and I are visiting WDW during Christmas week, the busiest time of the year, but we always make it work. This year we're staying on property for part of the trip, so we'll have access to EMH. My question is, is it worth it to go to EMH or would it be more worth our while to visit a park that doesn't have EMH, based on crowds? What do you guys think?

Any advice is appreciated.

suedenim
11-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Well, bear in mind that I just completed my first trip to WDW since I was a kid (and at a far less crowded time, I believe?), so I'm hardly an expert, but our experience supported the "Avoid EMH Parks" advice of the Unofficial Guide/TouringPlans.com .

On Monday, Nov. 5, we went against their advice and went to Animal Kingdom, an EMH park that day. It was uncomfortably crowded, and we bailed out around 11:30 AM and headed for an afternoon in the Magic Kingdom, which was far less crowded than it had been on the previous Saturday, and a great experience.

wedway76
11-09-2007, 05:00 PM
It is better to avoid the EMH parks during the day. They tend to be the most crowded.

If you want to go to EMH you are better off park hopping. If it is an AM EMH, go to that park early and stay until it starts to get crowded and hop to another park. For evening EMH head there just around the time that EMH starts.

I have a feeling that during Christmas week you may find the parks will be crowded even during EMH.

disneycouple2004
11-09-2007, 05:44 PM
quote:fromwedway76....
have a feeling that during Christmas week you may find the parks will be crowded even during EMH.

:exactly::ditto:

We go at Christmas every year..the week of that is...and yes EMH really doesn't matter its packed..hopping helps but its still very busy..
we love it anyway :D

brogan54
11-09-2007, 07:25 PM
we were there this past sept and the emh were busier than the parks were all day. hope this helps:mickey:

teambricker04
11-10-2007, 10:39 AM
We just got back. We did EMH last Monday at MGM. There were people, but no waits, at least long ones. The most crowded any of the parks were was generally in the afternoons. EMH didn't seem to make much difference, but I think that would be different at holiday time. Especially with the MVMCP.

Meteora
11-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the help. We go at Christmas every year, so we are used to the crowds and can manage them. I don't think we've ever had to skip more than one or two rides due to crowds. And MVMCP has its last day before we arrive.

I was just curious whether it would be more worth our while to skip EMH entirely in favor of a less-crowded park, or whether we might actually get to do some things during EMH that we might not otherwise.

CandleontheWater
11-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I've found that EMH evenings are a great time to ride rides that are popular, but not the blockbusters. The wait times will be long on the mountains, but things like Buzz, HM, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Nemo, GMR, and Star Tours, have very little wait. If I were you I'd be sure to hit the e-tickets early in the AM, but use the EMH evenings to rides that get significant traffic during the rest of the day.