PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a movie scene that freaks you out?

murphy1
11-09-2007, 11:47 AM
I do and the movie was on last night. It was Cliffhanger with Sly Stallone. It's the opening scene where the girl falls 4 thousand feet to her death, I get nightmares and sweaty palms over it if I even see a commercial for it. I have such a fear of heights that it totally freaks me out to see it.

MNNHFLTX
11-09-2007, 01:01 PM
My husband watches The Godfather series of movies periodically and sometimes I'll watch with him. But I can't bring myself to watch the horse scene--never have, never will.

gwfx1031
11-09-2007, 01:14 PM
The scene in Pulp Fiction where John Travolta's character has to give the shot to Uma Thurman's character into her sternum to prevent her from OD'ing got to me. It was so tense. I know there are plenty of disturbing things in that movie, but that scene made me leace the theater for a bit to catch my breath.

CleveSJM
11-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Jaws. Especially the scene where they are diving on the wreck and they look into the window/hole in the boat and the body "pops" out... About 5 other scenes in that movie get me too...

I have a hard time walking by a puddle for a month or so after watching Jaws...

thrillme
11-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Jaws. Especially the scene where they are diving on the wreck and they look into the window/hole in the boat and the body "pops" out... About 5 other scenes in that movie get me too...

I have a hard time walking by a puddle for a month or so after watching Jaws...

I'm with you...Jaws...did it for me and I find myself still gripping the edge of the seat everytime.

Van Heilsing too when the vampire baby comes out of a different egg than the one you were expecting. I think I squeek a bit each time.

bleukarma
11-09-2007, 04:28 PM
The scene in Dances With Wolves where they are tormenting the wolf. Gets me every time! I bawl like a little baby when I watch it.

Just about any scary movie gets to me. I’m NOT a horror movie person at all!!! One time I had a “friend” take me to see a movie called High Tension. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time!!!!!!!!!!!!! The entire movie got to me! Looking back I wished I would’ve just walked out. That movie still haunts me when I think about it.

NotaGeek
11-09-2007, 04:35 PM
MODERATOR ALERT

Please remember that this is a family friendly site. Most of the movies that are being discussed here are R rated, and that's not quite INTERCOT friendly. I understand we are just referencing specific scenes, but some of these movies have scenes that are QUITE graphic and not really what I would want my 13 year old nephew reading about if he happened upon our site.

Please take this into consideration while discussing, and play nice.

Thanks!

2Epcot
11-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Please remember that this is a family friendly site. Most of the movies that are being discussed here are R rated, and that's not quite INTERCOT friendly. !

When I saw this thread earlier in the day I started thinking about scenes that really got to me, and I realized I could not even really explain them on this site. I like horror movies (all types of movies for that matter), though I think some of them go over board. A few scenes in the Final Destination movies and the first sequence in Ghost Ship were the first that came to mind for me.

Disney Babe
11-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I like Hitchcock movies and so that is what I was thinking about when I read the original post. These are not R-rated and can be seen on TV, so I guess they are okay to mention.

The scene in Rear Window when Jimmy Stewart is hanging onto the window and trying not to fall. But does.

One of the last scenes in Pycho, the one where we actually see Norman's mother. The shower scene doesn't get to me because I focus on the artistry of it.

Birds. I like the movie because there are interesting relationships, but the birds start freak me out and I can't watch it all the way through.

DisneyDudet
11-10-2007, 04:59 PM
...the first sequence in Ghost Ship were the first that came to mind for me.

THAT'S it for me! First thing I thought of. I had nightmares when I saw it in theaters.

Disney Babe
11-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Talk about nightmares, how about The Exorcist!

Ian
11-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Okay ... here's one that meets all the necessary criteria for this thread ...

It's freaky and also safe to discuss.

How about the BUGS scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom???

BLECH!!!!

Bugs, especially ones large enough to require weaponry to dispose of, really freak me out!

citizensnoopy
11-11-2007, 04:29 PM
The scene in Misery with Kathy Bates and the sledgehammer. :sick:

JohnHMCWYG
11-11-2007, 09:54 PM
I've seen lots of outrageous things in the movies and none of it has shocked me.

I'll tell you something interesting. For many years, I was afraid of the end of old "Looney Tunes" cartoons. When Porky Pig would bust out of the drum, I found myself crawling under the covers or closing my eyes. I was doing this well into my late teens. Recently, though, I visited YouTube and decided to face my fear. While I am still somewhat scared, I'm able to handle it a little better now.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Disney Babe
11-12-2007, 12:02 AM

BLECH!!!!

Bugs, especially ones large enough to require weaponry to dispose of, really freak me out!

Oh, I agree with that! Especially when Kate Capshaw (Willy) gets that big long bug on her hand while others are crawling inside the her robe. Gives me the creepy crawlies all over.

Scar
11-12-2007, 10:39 AM
The scene in Misery with Kathy Bates and the sledgehammer. :sick:I was just going to post this. I was watching this on TV the other day and as the scene was developing, I kept debating to myself wheather or not I should change the channel... I changed it :hide:

Ian
11-12-2007, 11:48 AM
I was just going to post this. I was watching this on TV the other day and as the scene was developing, I kept debating to myself wheather or not I should change the channel... I changed it :hide:I love this movie, but I do the same thing. Some scenes are just too much to watch more than once.

magicman
11-12-2007, 01:12 PM
In the movies "Signs", when the News shows the first, shocking video footage of an alien walking by the kids birthday party. (ooooo...chills)

disneydrmr
11-12-2007, 01:17 PM

BLECH!!!!

Hmmm... guess we know who we can't call if we need a bug killed around here :D.

I'm with Ian though.. ANY thing with bugs (or snakes) gives me the creeps. It's not a movie, but those food challenges on Survivor.. I can NOT watch them at all..especially when the food is a bug.

TheDuckRocks
11-13-2007, 12:20 PM
The 2 movies that really get to me are:
Dustin Hoffman in "The Marathon Man" with the dental tools.:bolt:
"Wait Until Dark" with Audrey Hepburn where she's in the house trying to hide from Alan Arkin.:paranoid: When we saw this one at the theater for the first time my husband knew I was getting very uptight during this scene and reached over to pat my hand and I screamed louder than I ever have before or since in my life. It was pretty darned embarrassing walking out at the end of the movie, let me tell you.:blush:

Muppet girl
11-13-2007, 02:54 PM
I love the movie Cast Away with Tom Hanks, but two scenes that really freak me out are when his plane goes down and he is in the water during the storm going past the jet engines, and also when his tooth gets infected and he has to use the ice skate - yikes!!!!! I don't think I've ever watched that part with my eyes open.

Dracula766
11-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Nothing really "freaks" me out but that word got me thinking of one of my favorite movie scenes ever.

Todd Browning's Freaks is a classic. My eyes stay glued to the screen during the climax near the end. I cheer evrytime I see the scene with characters about to attack the bad guy. Especially Prince Randian (the Living Torso) waddling through the mud with a knife in his mouth.

Classic Horror!!! :thumbsup:

Tinkerbell627
11-14-2007, 12:15 AM
The Exorcist messed with my head a lot. To see something so evil personified made me sick to my stomach. And I've never eaten pea soup since.

The first time I saw Alien and we saw the fate of the guy who got infected with it (trying my hardest to keep from describing this very graphic scene), I literally got sick to my stomach. However, the most disturbing scene out of that franchise was in the second movie, Aliens, where the marines found all of the colonists and what the aliens did to them. I couldn't get that kid's face out of my head.

The Godfather is easily my favorite movie, but the horse scene sticks with ya. Same with the Pulp Fiction adrenaline scene.

Jenemmy
11-14-2007, 08:25 AM

BLECH!!!!

:ditto: Big time Heebie Jeebies

magicman
11-14-2007, 10:00 AM
I love the movie Cast Away with Tom Hanks, but two scenes that really freak me out are when his plane goes down and he is in the water during the storm going past the jet engines, and also when his tooth gets infected and he has to use the ice skate - yikes!!!!! I don't think I've ever watched that part with my eyes open.

The scene in the water with the giant jet engines is really freaky. Nice one:thumbsup:

prprincess
11-14-2007, 11:39 AM
I have two, both from M. Night Shaymalan films.

The first one is from The Sixth Sense when the boy goes to the little girl's house to help her get the videotape she made to her dad. She reaches out from under the bed and grabs his foot. It's one of my worst fears.

The second is from Signs, when Joaquin Phoenix's character is about to hit the alien with the bat. She camera does a quick closeup on the alien--OMG!!

MissMaryPoppins
11-23-2007, 05:33 PM
"Halloween" has always scared me. It's the mask and the music that always gets me. When I was in my last year of college a bunch of people in my dorm were getting together to watch "Halloween" and they invited me to join them. So we all brought some snacks and piled in the lounge with the lights off. When the movie was over and everyone was going back to their rooms no one wanted to go back alone. Our dorms were in old mansions that had been renovated into dorms, so it was kind of spooky going up creaky, old back stairways. One of the guys sitting next to me on the couch said "Ok, I'll go to my room. But if Michael Myers in my room I'm sleeping in your room." Some people I didn't know walked me to my room and I remember opening the door and turning on the lights before I'd go in. It's amazing what you can make sure yourself believe when a movie scares you.

Joy:ghost:

missbunny
11-23-2007, 06:42 PM
This isn't a scene from a movie but when my sons were in Boy Scouts we stayed at a scout camp where they filmed parts of Friday the 13th. I had trouble falling asleep that weekend. They saved the sign that said Crystal Lake and have it in the dining hall.
I also get the creeps from most Hitchcock films. He knew how to make a suspenseful film. I love how the music builds the scene and then startles you.
Jaws makes me nervous, though my favorite scene is where Brody says "we are going to need a bigger boat".

Camp NoBeBoSo in New Jersey was used for the camp scenes in the original "Friday the 13thCamp NoBeBoSo in New Jersey was used for the camp scenes in the original "Friday the 13th