PDA

View Full Version : Camping In April?

Dznygrl79
11-09-2007, 09:39 AM
The only times I have been to the world is holiday time but next year we wanna go in April for the AK 10th anniversary. Is camping in April nice in Florida? Whats the weather hot and rainy or cool and rainy? It will be late April around the 20-25 any suggestions?
And will a two room tent fit?
THANKS!

medic9016
11-09-2007, 09:48 AM
The weather is great for camping in April. Highs in the low to mid 80's and lows in the mid 60's. I looked back at the historical data and the rain is very low.

We had a very large 4 room tent that fit really well with a little bit of room left on all four sides.

faline
11-09-2007, 09:48 AM
A two-room tent will fit just fine.

I think you'll like April weather.

MONTH APRIL
TEMPERATURE (AVERAGE) - HIGH: 83ºf / 28.5ºc
TEMPERATURE (AVERAGE) - LOW: 59ºf / 15ºc
RAINFALL (AVERAGE) - IN INCHES: 1.8
COMMENT ABOUT THE MONTH: Crowds high during Spring Break & Easter, which is very busy.

ibrowse17
11-09-2007, 09:56 AM
:ditto:
While we have not camped at FW in April, we have tent camped in several other Florida campgrounds in that time frame. You should be fine, and the weather should be wonderful. The last time we tent camped at FW was last Feb, and after being cold the first two nights, it really warmed up the rest of our stay. Our tent is a 17x15 Kelty, and had no problems setting up in our site. For a great loop to tent camp, ask for the 2000 loop. It is the only loop to have two comfort stations. Have a great trip:thumbsup:

Dznygrl79
11-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Thanks all! Gonna cal make resies soon. We are going in December and back in April we just got our AP's I am very excited. April weather sounds gorgeous!