PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY FRIDAY! In thanks and memory...

MickeysGirl
11-09-2007, 07:07 AM
Hey everybody! Happy Friday!!

I hope everyone is ready for the weekend like I am! It's getting quite chilly around these parts, but it beats the summer heat, that's for sure!

But on with the show...

Monday is a very special holiday to love and remember those soldiers who have so willingly servered our country. Veteran's Day is the day designated to this, and I'd like to be the first in this thread to say THANK YOU!!! to all those who have served. We wouldn't be where we are without you! :norworth:

So let's begin today's...

:flag: Thank you Veterans (Day) Party!! :flag:

Happy Friday Everyone!

Specialty Drink of the day: :wine: Wine of choice
... with lemonade for the kids and an open bar as always...
:papple: :beer: :marg:

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay warm! :freeze:

pogo
11-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Monday is a very special holiday to love and remember those soldiers who have so willingly servered our country. Veteran's Day is the day designated to this, and I'd like to be the first in this thread to say THANK YOU!!! to all those who have served. We wouldn't be where we are without you! As a veteren of the USAF (1969 to 1973) I appreciate you taking the time to say "thank you". You are very welcome.

:flag:It was an honor and privilege to serve this wonderful nation !:flag:

Happy Friday all !

Mickey'sGirl
11-09-2007, 08:31 AM
In Canada, we call November 11 "Remembrance Day". I too would like to thank all the men and women who have served both my country, and the US.

LibertyTreeGal
11-09-2007, 09:15 AM
I'd like to dedicate this Veteran's Day post to Eric Clark,

Army Pfc. Eric D. Clark, 22, of Pleasant Prairie, Wis.; assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 6th Field Artillery Regiment, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Drum, N.Y.; killed May 11, 2006 when an improvised explosive device detonated near his Humvee during combat patrol operations in Baghdad.

We miss you Eric! Eric had just reelinsted when he was killed. He's our hero!

Tomorrow our Cub Scout troop has been invited to have breakfast with the local Veterans. :flag:

Dsnygirl
11-09-2007, 09:22 AM
:flag: Happy Friday everyone!! :flag: Thanks to all of you who serve our country.... we wouldn't be who we are today without you. :thumbsup:

I think I'll save the wine for tonight, and have a lemonade w/ the kiddies...

Have a great weekend, everyone!!

ElenitaB
11-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Happy Friday, everyone!

And I'll dedicate my post to the memory of my beloved dad, Harold, who served in the US Air Force during World War II in the Philippines. :flag:

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

disneydrmr
11-09-2007, 09:48 AM
:flag: Happy Veteran's Day! :flag: Thank you to ALL who have served in the past and to all who are currently serving! I wish to honor the memory of a great man, Jim Ingram, who died just last week. He served in WW2 and was awarded a Purple Heart. My dh and I had the priviledge of getting to know and love him over the course of several months as we took him back and forth to church, took him out to eat and visited him in the nursing home and at his house. He is greatly and lovingly missed and remembered! GOD bless all our troops!

MsMin
11-09-2007, 11:34 AM
:flag: Happy Veteran's Day Everyone
I will dedicate my post to my Great Uncle Tony Papa who served in the Navy and was on the Arizona and 2 other ships that went down. Fortunately he was on leave during the attack and on shore, but lost many friends. My uncle Bob Jones who died shortly after the hurricane but also served in the Pacific. My dear friend Stephen Sanders who served as a chaplain and just retired after returning last Oct :flag: and to all the vets.

SgtTigger
11-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Happy Friday and Happy Veteran's Day

I only have 5 days 3 hours and 30 minutes till we leave for our trip.....I CANT WAIT.........

:cop: :tigger:

mrsgaribaldi
11-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Thank you :flag:

bucky at disney
11-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Thank you to all who have served especially to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. :flag:

offwego
11-12-2007, 02:18 PM
A belated thank you to those who served both in the US & Canada both at home and abroad.

Thank you for all that you have done to make our world a safer place for our children.

bleukarma
11-13-2007, 01:24 PM
A belated thank you to every man and woman that is making such a huge sacrifice for our country. This post is dedicated to my grandfather, Claude Barbour, who served on the lost ship the Yorktown and lived to serve again in Korea. The wars didn't take you, but diabetes did. Papaw, I will always love and miss you. :flag:

In a few hours work will be over and I will take you up on that wine!

IloveDisney71
11-13-2007, 01:26 PM
I know this is a day late, but I want to add my THANKS to all of those who have served in the past and to all of those who are serving now.
I'd also like to dedicate my post to my dad who served in the Korean War, my father-in-law in WWII, and my husband who was in the Marine Corp several years ago.
What a great sacrifice so many brave men and women have made on behalf of our country.
Thanks again!!!