PDA

View Full Version : DDE purchased at the resorts?

tomorrowschild
11-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Hi All, I was just on another site and they are saying that the DDE card can now be purchased right at Disney World (as of Nov 12th- or around this time). Has anyone else heard this?

ibrowse17
11-08-2007, 02:54 PM
I called about getting one yesterday (7 Nov), but it was after hours. I heard nothing about that as a buying option on the recording, but hope that is true. Maybe someone else will know for sure

CanadianWDWFan
11-08-2007, 04:40 PM
I believe you can buy it there now. As it is, you can get a replacement card at Guest Relations at Epcot. This is the only place on property that I was aware of that could help you with the DDE

Otherwise you have to contact DDE during regular business hours.

berri_boo
11-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Does anyone know for sure if the DDE can be purchased once you get to WDW or do you need to call ahead of time? We are leaving in 12 days & would love to know for sure if I can wait to purchase it to coincide wit out AP's or if I have to order it prior & pick-up at Guest Relations in EPCOT. Thanks!

Jared
11-11-2007, 09:38 AM
If I read the confusing and unclear press release correctly, you will be able to buy a new Disney Dining Experience card at any of the parks or Downtown Disney.

But you can still call and order the card before your trip and simply pick it up when you arrive.

I may be completely wrong because the release is worded terribly.

CanadianWDWFan
11-11-2007, 06:02 PM
I got this from Disney Dining in an email:

Greetings from the Disney Dining Experience Team!

As 2008 quickly approaches, you will begin to see some exciting new developments for the Disney Dining Experience Membership Program. You asked and we listened! Effective November 11, 2007, you will no longer have to wait 3 – 6 weeks to receive your permanent membership card(s).

Guest Relations locations at Epcot®, MAGIC KINGDOM® Park, DISNEY’S ANIMAL KINGDOM® Theme Park, Disney-MGM Studios, DOWNTOWN DISNEY® West Side, and DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Marketplace will now be able to print permanent Disney Dining Experience membership cards for immediate use. This service is designed for existing and new members. Cards produced at the Guest Relations locations will be printed on paper stock similar to the annual pass tickets.

The Disney Dining Experience office will still be available to take applications for current and new members, via the phone, fax or mail for those who do not want to take advantage of the in-park service. Membership cards ordered through the Disney Dining Experience office will be received within 2 - 3 weeks of purchase.

All Guests who have ordered their Disney Dining Experience membership cards prior to November 11, 2007 date will have to pickup their temporary cards at the main entrance Epcot® Guest Relations. Your permanent card will be sent through the mail and arrive in 3-4 weeks from the date of purchase.

We would also like to inform you that the Walt Disney World® Resort will be implementing an across property policy change regarding gratuity at all food and beverage locations. Effective January 1, 2008, 18% gratuity will be added to all transactions, regardless of party size. Thank you for your continued support.
Cheers!

The Disney Dining Experience Team

I hope this helps

ibrowse17
11-11-2007, 10:07 PM
So... I can buy a first time DDE card at guest relations at the parks. Cool:thumbsup:

berri_boo
11-12-2007, 08:01 AM
If this is certainly the case & it can be picked up at any guest relation then this is great
:high5::thumbsup:

I'm going to call the DDE line & double check sometime this week!

SurferStitch
11-12-2007, 12:52 PM
I just got off the phone with a DDE rep, and she did indeed confirm that the DDE card can be purchased at Guest Services in WDW. She said it just went into effect yesterday.

She also said that if I wanted to order it today anyway, it would be valid until December 31, 2008.

:thumbsup:

berri_boo
11-13-2007, 08:09 AM
I called the DDE line yesterday during my lunch & the CM I spoke to said that I could purchase ithe card at Guest Relations in any park. So I'm going to purchase mine when we activate our AP's in 10 days!!!!!
:joy::woohoo::clappy::wait::dance:

Fryguy
11-23-2007, 04:09 PM
This is great news! Heading down in a few days and will be taking advantage of this!