PDA

View Full Version : Are there any rides that will allow a 7-month old?

GeorgiaOnMyMind
11-08-2007, 05:30 AM
I am so excited! :party: With the announcement of the January discounts and an extended Christmas break for my DD, we have decided to return for another trip.

We were at Disney in October 2006...a trip that I had planned for a group of 16 for 7 months...ADR's and all. The day before we left last October, I learned that I was pregnant. I had morning sickness my entire trip and stayed in the room 50% of the trip. :sick:

Now after months of Disney withdrawals, I am going to get a Disney fix. :woohoo:

My question is this, can my newest DD, who will be 7-months at the time of the trip, go on any rides such as Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, etc? or is that even safe? :unsure: I have been looking for information about ride restrictions and haven't seen any information about babies yet.

Can anyone out there help me?

Thanks so much!

merlinmagic4
11-08-2007, 06:29 AM
Congratulations.........on your new DD and another Disney trip!!! I believe an infant can ride on any ride (in your lap, of course) that doesn't have a height restriction. Have a great trip :mickey:

Flower
11-08-2007, 06:57 AM
Congratulations!

We took Benjamin at 2 months & again at 10 months and were able to take him on most rides - he even went on the Tea Cups, we just did not do the extra spinning.

Disney also offers Baby Switch - Example: You, DH and DD approach the CM at Soarin and ask to do Baby Switch - they will give you a ticket similar to a fast pass. DH rides Soarin' while you stay with the baby, when DH is done riding you give him the baby and you take the Baby Switch ticket to the Fast Pass line and have a minimal wait.

You can get fast passes & ask for the baby switch ticket at the fast pass lane when it is your ride time. You don't have to stand in a stand-by line to take advantage of Baby Switch!

Have a great trip!

By the way, my DS's fav ride was It's a Small World - lots to look at!

SAHDad
11-08-2007, 08:24 AM
We took our son when he was about 8 1/2 months old. I know we went on the following:

Peter Pan
Small World
Pirates
Pooh
Kilimanjaro (he fell asleep on this one)
Triceratops Spin
Cindy's Golden Carousel
Haunted Mansion (pretty sure)

As others have said - if there is no height restriction, you can probably take an infant on the ride. There are a couple you might want to skip, and the MK probably has more infant-friendly rides than anywhere else.

kakn7294
11-08-2007, 08:41 AM
If it doesn't have a restriction on the sign out front regarding hand-held infants, the baby should be just fine to ride. We took my niece at 6 mo and my nephew at 5 mo and they rode nearly everything that didn't have a height restriction.

mickey&missy
11-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Congrats on the baby!!

Funny thing, a lot of what you wrote I could have wrote! We, myself, DH, DD, DS, MIL and FIL, went to WDW in Oct of 2006. I was about 7 weeks pregnant at the time! Luckily, morning sickness didn't get me too bad. Tiredness was my biggest problem!

We'll be going back the beginning of March (121 days and counting down) for DS first trip at 9 months!

Anything ride that doesn't have a resriction seems to be a good rule of thumb. If you don't feel comfortable holding her you might consider a carrier of some sort. I have both a Moby Wrap and a Hotsling. I hoping that one of these will be helpful at least for waiting on lines etc. DS is 5 months now and already very active and moving all around.

Enjoy the trip!!!

Fallendroplet
11-08-2007, 10:24 AM
As long as the ride does not have a height restriction, you should be able to take your 7-month old on the ride. Just use your own judgement as to which rides your little one should go on. I do highly recommend the Tea Cups...without the extra spinning. :congrats: on the little one!!

Taja
11-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Good information!

We'll be taking a 3.5-month-old in December. The trip is for his older sister (age 9)--postponed from December 2006 due to illness in the group.

So we have an unexpected addition this year! :thumbsup:

T--
11-08-2007, 02:23 PM
We took my youngest at 5 months. We have pictures of him in his car carrier on Small World, in a bjorn on Dumbo and in my arms on Haunted Mansion. He rode everything my 3 year old did except the speedway.
It really worked great. We had one of those strollers that the car carrier clicked into and he was able to nap while we were walking around and he could on the bench rides in that carrier as well as hang out in that bjorn that my wife carried on some of the others.

#1donaldfan
11-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Yes, you can ride any that do not have height restrictions...plus, child swap is great thing....even for children "big" enough, but maybe, too scared to ride......have fun.:mickey:

Ian
11-08-2007, 03:57 PM
DD was 8 months the first time we took her and DS was only 5 months and both of them went on all the rides that didn't have height restrictions.

We took them on all the Fantasyland rides, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, the TTA, etc. and they enjoyed them all!

momof3+twins
11-09-2007, 02:30 PM
We took our now 4 year old son when he was 10 months. He went on most everything without a ride restriction. I was a little leary of Peter Pan. I can never tell how high up you actually are and that worried me. And the Maelstrom worried me for the drop. But, all worked out. Have fun.
My Disney fix isn't for another 5 months! It's been way too long for us. So, I feel for you with the waiting for a trip after a baby!

TheRustyScupper
11-09-2007, 06:57 PM
1) There are lots of rides without restrictions.
2) However, there MUST be a caveat.
3) You should wear a body harness that holds the kid.
4) They make really light harnesses (not a baby pack).

NOTE: I have seen kids that fidget out of the parents arms on rides, let alone a ride that might jerk and let the kid fall from the grasp. Babies are not developed and can be injured easily.

pixiesmimi
11-09-2007, 09:37 PM
We went with my DD's family when the youngest was 6 mo. We took her on everything except the rollercoaster rides. We had a HotSling and it really came in handy in the lines. She even slept in it on some of the rides. On the ones she couldn't go on, I stayed with her in the stroller while the other rode. I don't do rollercoasters anyway. It all worked out fine. Congratulations!