PDA

View Full Version : Lucky people at Disney.

kbean
11-07-2007, 05:09 PM
I live two hrs from Disney and of course I can't go everyday. And I won't be going till end of Nov. Point though is the weather can't be anymore perfect, and where else to spend perfect days like these. Anyone at Disney these past few days are very lucky.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
11-07-2007, 06:58 PM
We have gone 4 of the past 6 days (we live in North Tampa)... it is just too dang nice to not enjoy it!!! And it sure does get us in the Christmas spirit! It was especially fun to do MNSSHP on Friday and then go Sunday and see the Christmas tree at Epcot. I have been able to wear pants every day this week to the parks and I have even had to bring a blanket for DD! Watching Wishes all bundled up is so much fun!!! :o) I am sorry you can't come every day, but think of those people that live soooo much farther away than we do!

wedway76
11-07-2007, 07:20 PM
What exactly has the weather been like?

From FlaTink's reply, I'm assuming it has been cool.

Figaro
11-07-2007, 07:27 PM
It's ranged from the mid-60s to the low-80s. I had to bundle up this morning at work as the wind off Bay Lake made it freezing, but around noon, it was beautiful. :mickey: I hope everyone can make it out here to enjoy the weather. :)

FlaTinkRAMESAM
11-07-2007, 07:46 PM
What exactly has the weather been like?

From FlaTink's reply, I'm assuming it has been cool.

IT HAS BEEN HEAVEN!!! Really cool, breezy, just perfect really... it is supposed to warm up a bit by the weekend... think the high is 79 or so. But still, compared to upper 90s in the summer months, I looooove it!

Carolanne
11-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Sounds like you all have been having great weather--I'll be there this time next week, so I hope your great weather carries over for me :mickey:.

Haunt1000
11-07-2007, 09:16 PM
I will be there the first week of December for my first trip and want the clear and cool variety. I planned this trip for the weather and the longer nightime hours. I like parks at night much better when your walking around. It feels like a dark ride everywhere! :thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-07-2007, 11:43 PM
So...yeah, I'm the Florida native...

I'm going to say I currently hate the weather and this is unlikely to change for the next few months. It's below 73 degrees, therefore, I am freezing to death.

But if you like cold weather, it's good I guess...a bunch of tourists spent all day laughing at me on the tram as I was wearing gloves and two jackets at MGM.

JasonH
11-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Guess a lot of tourists don't realize that once you start actually LIVING in Florida, you find that you adapt to those temps and for this time of year it gets cold for everyone. I won't laugh at ya when I come visit WDW starting the day after Thanksgiving. :D But don't be surprised if I wear shorts especially since around my area it's been down into the 20's and 30's for the lows and 50's and 60's for the highs and have started wearing a winter jacket. :laughing: I'm always the last one it seems to change into wintery type clothing too.

BMan62
11-08-2007, 08:05 AM

I'm going to say I currently hate the weather and this is unlikely to change for the next few months. It's below 73 degrees, therefore, I am freezing to death.

But if you like cold weather, it's good I guess...a bunch of tourists spent all day laughing at me on the tram as I was wearing gloves and two jackets at MGM.

Y'all need to come up here where it's chilly. 29 degrees this morning with an expected high of 45!:freeze:

I'm definitely looking forward to the Wednesday following Thanksgiving, so I can be down there where it's nice and toasty!!:thumbsup:

LandFan
11-08-2007, 08:51 AM
My neighbors are down there right now... sighhh...

But I'll be there in exactly 2 weeks:D

FlaTinkRAMESAM
11-08-2007, 09:40 AM

Last night and this morning... OMG...so cold. My great-grandmother is down from Pennsylvania and she doesn't get why I have myself and DD all bundled up... so you are not alone at all!

Where in Fla are you from?

CaptainSad
11-08-2007, 09:52 AM
60's is freezing? I remember back in FEB 83, I was staying at the CBR. It was 67 degrees at midnight. The family and I after a busy day at the MK went swimming. Being from the northeast this is nice weather. So we are in one of the polls and this couple from Tallahassee, Florida came up to us and asked if we were crazy. They were wearing sweaters and saying they were freezing. They also asked us how can you stand the cold? We all laughed of course. It was in the teens and snowing back home at the time. I say come up and visit us from October to April. You want to talk about cold. When I come down next month (16th-23rd) I plan on hitting BB or a pool at least one of the days.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Last night and this morning... OMG...so cold. My great-grandmother is down from Pennsylvania and she doesn't get why I have myself and DD all bundled up... so you are not alone at all!

Where in Fla are you from?

I've lived in all parts - Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, back to Tampa, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale and now home sweet home in Orlando.

It's alright...I can get my payback when all the Northeners are here for the summer and I'm walking around in jeans and dark shirts when it's 100 degrees and not even breaking a sweat when everyone else is burnt to a crisp a using those mister fans.

Taja
11-08-2007, 11:25 AM

I promise not to laugh at you when I visit WDW in December.

Actually, I can't laught at you--just with you! I've lived in the low desert for nearly 30 years--and southern California for most of my life before that.

I'll be bundled up for cold weather along with you--when the temperature drops below 70 degrees! *LOL*

mousetrapper
11-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Is this normal weather for this time of year? The latest we've been is Nov. 5, and I remember it being pretty darned warm! We definitely went swimming...

Maybe we won't be able to swim this time?! :confused: We'll be there Thanksgiving week....

bleukarma
11-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Is this normal weather for this time of year? The latest we've been is Nov. 5, and I remember it being pretty darned warm! We definitely went swimming...

Maybe we won't be able to swim this time?! :confused: We'll be there Thanksgiving week....

Yes, you can expect colder temps around the end of October/begining of November. However some years the cooler temps don't hit till later in the year. I can remember going to the beach on Christmas day. So really, each year we don't know when the cold is going to hit. For me, the colder temps is a welcome...I was getting tired of the heat. However that didn't keep me from being bundled up this morning!

disneylovinmom
11-08-2007, 12:26 PM
We live in Indiana, so anything above 50 or 60 in the winter months is warm to us. We are coming down December 15th and we hope it is nice weather. I have only been there in July, so this should be great.(I hope):santa3:

DVCWDWMEMBER
11-08-2007, 12:31 PM
We will be coming November 22nd and hope the weather will be nice and warm too. Any temperature will be better I am sure.
:mickey::joy::woohoo::cheer::vacation:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
11-08-2007, 04:38 PM
We live in Indiana, so anything above 50 or 60 in the winter months is warm to us. We are coming down December 15th and we hope it is nice weather. I have only been there in July, so this should be great.(I hope):santa3:

Oh you should get some great weather... it will likely fluctuate, but don't expect anything higher than 80. Our really cold snaps come in the form of cold fronts, which is what is going on right now. It is just lasting a couple of weeks, but it is very welcome! Just expect cold weather all the way to just a bit warm. You certainly won't see crazy hot like in summer months.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
11-08-2007, 04:40 PM
We will be coming November 22nd and hope the weather will be nice and warm too. Any temperature will be better I am sure.
:mickey::joy::woohoo::cheer::vacation:

definition of warm please? heh... it is so relative. northerners might think it warm while it is quite cool to us... you should have great weather though (my friend is a meteorologist--if the weather ***** I blame him, so feel free to do the same! :thumbsup:).

kimommy63
11-09-2007, 06:20 AM
Hey FlaTinkRameSam,
Not really here to comment on the weather, although I did grow up in California and don't see anything perverse about wearing my shorts and flip flops at christmas!:cloud9: I just wanted to say Hi to a fellow EddieIzzard fan! Love your quote:thumbsup:

pennsy22
11-09-2007, 08:48 AM
It's down right cold down here right now it got down to like 55 degress last night:faint: and I think it's only supposed to get into the low 70 today.:thumbsup:

JasonH
11-10-2007, 02:44 AM
50's for lows and 70's for highs? Sounds like shorts weather to me compared to what it is here. :D

garymacd
11-10-2007, 11:33 AM
It's down right cold down here right now it got down to like 55 degress last night:faint: and I think it's only supposed to get into the low 70 today.:thumbsup:

Luxury!

browneyedgirl12
11-10-2007, 11:47 AM
I live in Lehigh Acres, Florida(about 2.5 hours away form Disney) and it has been really cold lately. I put on three jackets before I walk out the door. Oh well I guess its better than 90 degrees in the summer.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
11-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Hey FlaTinkRameSam,
Not really here to comment on the weather, although I did grow up in California and don't see anything perverse about wearing my shorts and flip flops at christmas!:cloud9: I just wanted to say Hi to a fellow EddieIzzard fan! Love your quote:thumbsup:

YAY! I love him sooo much... he is amazing!

WLD4
11-11-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm an ex-northerner who now lives about 20 miles from Disney. It's not cold, it's perfect! Sun, blue sky, low humidity, and comfortable temperatures (highs usually in 70's, lows in 50's)for the next several months. I haven't worn a jacket yet, although I did put a light blanket on the bed. :sun:

DizNee143
11-13-2007, 09:14 AM
i was in disney from the 4th-10th and it was pretty nice weather..its nice not being all that hot and sweaty while walking the parks..it really was perfect weather!! although it did get a bit too chilly at night..it was like 55-60..wasnt really prepared for it..but once i bought a sweatshirt i was fine again...i was so happy we got such great weather while we were there!!:mickey:

merlinmagic4
11-13-2007, 09:52 AM
We arrived on the 9th and are still here! The weather is absolutely beautiful but I do agree some nights have been chilly. Last night was actually a bit warmer for MVMCP and that was nice. The kids have still been swimming at night, though!

Dznygrl79
11-13-2007, 10:06 AM
I am so excited to get to Disney and experiance Fl weather again! It was a very warm morning at 50 degrees when I woke up at 7, the high is going to be a very warm 65 today. But for the past few days it has been highs of about 50.

In 2005 when I was visiting the world in December, hubby and I walked around in jeans and tshirts. Cast members looked at us as they where adding more and more layers. What can I say...when we left Phily airport they where plowing snow we felt like it was heaven. I will be happy for anything above freezing really.