PDA

View Full Version : Whats new

LONESTAR
11-07-2007, 01:48 PM
I was camping in Fort Wilderness back in January
and in 13 days we will be back :mickey:. Just wondering if any thing has changed. Or anything new.

ibrowse17
11-07-2007, 03:24 PM
When we were there last in Feb, they were reroofing the comfort stations on our loop (2000). Since then I have heard they have closed down some of the loops for refurbs, but I am not sure what all they did. Look forward to hearing about what you find:thumbsup:

SgtTigger
11-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Well they now have the Wilderness Back Trail Adventure Segway Tour

I believe that is new.........

:cop: :tigger:

teambricker04
11-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Well they now have the Wilderness Back Trail Adventure Segway Tour

I believe that is new.........

:cop: :tigger:

They were advertising this all over FW this past week. It looks like a lot of fun. My DH did the one at EPCOT and can't wait to go back and do this at FW.

tungpo1
11-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Half the lawn mower tree was cut. They re-done the Settlement trading post, not much difference, they have hammocks on the beach.

Jason Hook
11-14-2007, 09:20 AM
When did they re-do the Settlement trading post, and what did they do?

tungpo1
11-14-2007, 09:28 AM
They gutted it out, painted and hung different kind of tools from the walls. I will see if I can find some pics.

Tink's Friend
11-14-2007, 09:32 PM
We're here right now on the 500 loop. They're cleaning out a lot of the dead trees and undergrowth that's grown up between the sites in the loops. Personally, I like it better more grown up since it gives us more privacy, but I have to admit that it was getting pretty bad in places. And some of the cabin loops are closed for refurbishment.

Other than that (and adding the Wilderness Segway tour, as mentioned before by SgtTigger--I did this yesterday and highly recommend it, by the way), I don't think much has changed.

Suzanne Q
Bristol, TN