PDA

View Full Version : Our impression of the DDP

vamaggie
11-07-2007, 08:06 AM
We (me, DH, DS10, DD4) just got back from 5 nights/6days at WDW. 1st time on DDP. While it was a lot of food(we took most desserts to go and ate them later), we ate better than we ever have! The TS places we ate at more than covered the cost of the plan (by about $60) so we got snacks & QS meals basically for free. We ate at Kona (x2)--very good service, fantastic food and great desserts; Le Cellier--AMAZING! Best meal we've had. Cheddar soup is better than described on these boards! Tomato stack was flavorful and filling. Filet w/ mushroom risotto, NY strip & salmon were all melt in your mouth good. Mama Melrose (Fantasmic package)--Good solid food, with great service and nice atmosphere. Merrakesh--very good food, not too spicy but extremely flavorful. (My mom had the chicken couscous and could not stop raving about it). DS did not like the belly dancer--preteen embarassment! --but DD loved it. We ended up using some QS meals for breakfasts (that we shared) and shared lunches too. We only used about 6 snacks in the parks so we bought a lot of Chip & Dale snack bags (pretzels, trail mix, cheese crackers), lollipops & Mickey cookie boxes to bring home. We also did the make your own snacks at Goofy's in DTD. All in all, I think we really did well using the DDP and know it saved us money. Don't know if I would use it again with the changes since we enjoyed the appetizers and it was really nice to not have to worry about calculating tips. But, since DH loved Le Cellier & Kona we may have to reconsider even with the changes.

SBETigg
11-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Sounds like fun! So glad you enjoyed your meals. I liked the ease of the DDP and would probably do it again, maybe deluxe maybe not.