PDA

View Full Version : VMK in Disneyworld

Magic Smiles
11-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Is VMK still open in Magic Kingdom, Disneyworld?
We will be there in Dec and DS really enjoyed doing the quests last year when we were there.

BronxTigger
11-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Sadly, no. :(

WDWfanatic742
11-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Nope, just a fake wall curtain is covering the entrance of Main Street Cinema.

chrisb26
11-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Yes sadly it is gone. I really liked being able to go to the parks and do the quests and get prizes the best part was it was free :blush: VMK questing at Disney World ended on Sept 30 :(

Patricia
11-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Be sure to stop by Customer Service and ask if they have placed the VMK machines somewhere yet. They were supposed to be moving them.

chrisb26
11-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Be sure to stop by Customer Service and ask if they have placed the VMK machines somewhere yet. They were supposed to be moving them.

I know up until last week they hadn't put them anywhere I looked in the Space Mtn. arcade and they where not there.

Magic Smiles
11-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks everyone. What a shame that this closed down. If the machines are being moved, are they still doing the quests and giving out the cards? It was lots of fun to do the quests and made us look at things that we would not have normally been looking at.

chrisb26
11-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks everyone. What a shame that this closed down. If the machines are being moved, are they still doing the quests and giving out the cards? It was lots of fun to do the quests and made us look at things that we would not have normally been looking at.

Unfortunantly no..

I believe that there where rumors they where moving the machines to Space Mountain arcade area. There you would just be able to make a character and play while in the parks. But I haven't heard anything that they would be doing quests anymore. But I doubt they would since they opened the machines in DLR and are not doing the quest.

JPL
11-07-2007, 03:28 PM
When they closed they did leave the door open for special event quests like the Holiday Quest and the Nemo Quest Currently at Disneyland.

I am guessing the possibility is still there but the location will change and perhaps even then disrtibution method maybe they will have machines that you enter your pass and completed quest in.

Personally I think we will see them start to sell new pins and maybe even a card series so they can brin in money from VMK.