PDA

View Full Version : Which is scarier

Sneaky Stitch
11-06-2007, 03:19 PM
There has been 2 rides I want to go on, and I was wondering everything that happens on both. The rises are Space Mountain, and Expedition Everest. :mickey::confused::coaster:

Sneaky Stitch
11-06-2007, 03:21 PM
I Don't Know!!:(

Sneaky Stitch
11-06-2007, 03:21 PM
:offtopic:

Tygger7
11-06-2007, 03:29 PM
:welcome: to Intercot! Space Mountain is a little tough to describe exactly what happens, because it's all in the dark. If you want to see Expedition Everest, go to YouTube and do a search on it. There are several videos out that that people have taken that will give you a great feel for the ride. If it helps, I'm a coaster weenie, and I love Space Mountain & EE.

disneymom15
11-06-2007, 03:57 PM
I would say EE is scarier. I guess scarier may not be the right word. I'd say it's harder on the stomach. The backwards part is what gets to me.

BronxTigger
11-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Okay.....I don't know how much you want to know, but here it goes.

Space Mountain:

This coaster is entirely in the dark, but if you sit in the front seat you can see a little bit in front of you because there is a tiny bit of light coming in from somewhere. There are two tracks; they are not identical but they are similar. The track for both sides is the "wild mouse" type; it is jerky and it makes sharp turns and there are some drops but nothing extremely long.

This ride is not particularly "scary" but it does jerk you around a bit. You do not go upside down. This ride was built in the 1970s and it has not been updated; it is kind of "old school."

Expedition Everest

This ride is brand new; it only opened a couple of years ago. The track is quite smooth and it has some great effects. The theming is AMAZING and the ride itself is so much fun. You go up a big lift hill (great view) and the theming is that the track was broken by the Yeti. Then, you actually go backwards on the track and in the dark. It is fast and there are some substantial drops but it does not go upside down. There are some helix turns and you end up going forwards again. You see a shadow of a yeti and then the "actual" thing.

Both coasters are great, and I recommend trying each at least once! As for which one is "scarier," i don't know. They are just different.

RobWreck
11-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Well, Space Mountain has a top speed of a whopping 28 MPH... that's right, slower than the speed limit on your average residential street. It's just the darkness and the tight turns that make Space Mountain feel so much scarier. If you looked at it with the lights on, it'd look bouncy... but not that scary.
Expedition Everest, on the other hand, is a real rollercoaster, with big drops and turns and speed. It's 'smoother', but probably more intense.
I'd say that EE is the scarier of the two...
Rob

mook3y
11-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Go to google video

search for Space Mountain and EE.

bleukarma
11-06-2007, 04:14 PM
In my opinion, EE is scarier. Even though Space Mountain is in the dark, EE is faster and it just seems scarier to me. :mickey:

scottgr
11-06-2007, 04:18 PM
:welcome:
I would have to say EE is scarier then SM. I love them both :thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
11-06-2007, 04:25 PM
It all depends on what scares you. If being in the dark freaks you out, them SM, if going backwards scares you, then EE -- both scare me :blush: I'm such a weenie!

BTW, welcome to Intercot!

joanna71985
11-06-2007, 04:30 PM
There has been 2 rides I want to go on, and I was wondering everything that happens on both. The rises are Space Mountain, and Expedition Everest. :mickey::confused::coaster:

If I had to pick one, I would go with EE (only because it goes backwards). I love both of them though.

mousetrapper
11-06-2007, 05:35 PM
:welcome: to Intercot! Space Mountain is a little tough to describe exactly what happens, because it's all in the dark. If you want to see Expedition Everest, go to YouTube and do a search on it. There are several videos out that that people have taken that will give you a great feel for the ride. If it helps, I'm a coaster weenie, and I love Space Mountain & EE.

From one weenie to another, I'm so glad to hear you love both! I love Space Mountain but have never ridden EE, so I'm looking forward to it in a few weeks! I'm a little leery...fear of the unknown, ya know?!

Sneaky Stitch
11-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks!

Alpha Jeanie
11-06-2007, 06:24 PM
I definately think EE is scarier. It has lots of steeper drops and is faster. Space mountain is cool but milder.
:mickey:

tadshome
11-06-2007, 06:43 PM
I definately think EE is scarier. It has lots of steeper drops and is faster. Space mountain is cool but milder.
:mickey:

I totally agree with Alpha Jeanie :thumbsup:

MsMin
11-06-2007, 06:48 PM
For me EE is scarier but then I've ridden SM for 33 years? 1974 right???

Mikey Piano 23
11-06-2007, 10:28 PM
SM is a little tame by todays standards I think. However it is quite jerky with a lot of sharp turns and short but quick little drops.

EE and SM are both awesome! Good luck and have fun!

RBrooksC
11-07-2007, 08:48 AM
*** Spoiler Warning: Will say things about EE that some who haven't ridden it may not want to know ***

I really don't think either roller coaster is that scary. SM does get me a slight bit motion sick due to not being able to see where I am going but aside from that it is a fun little coaster.

EE, while a full-sized coaster, is more about themeing and atmoshphere than pure thrills. The leaving the station consists of a very nice leisurely ride to the main lift hill. At the top of the main hill, the tracks are "broken and ripped" and the car sits there where noises of a monster surround you. Then the car releases backwards and it moves rather quickly through the mountain until it stops in a cave where a sillotette of the Yeti is seen ripping up the "tracks behind you" along with the sounds of the creature. The car releases again and it moves rather fast forward down to the end of the ride where the Yeti attacks.

The Rock-n-Roller Coaster is more a thrills per second ride then EE but EE is, I think, a better themed ride that shouldn't be missed.

SBETigg
11-07-2007, 09:03 AM
They're both scary fun, not scary scary. Space Mountain is a little tamer, perhaps. No big drops, mostly curves, the thrill is being in the dark and the theming and takeoff. EE is wild, and full of more surprises, plus drops. I hope you try both. I think you'll love them!

martinfamily5
11-07-2007, 10:51 AM
I agree with all that has been said. Now, here is my experience. DD17 and are are somewhat reserved (chicken) in the ride department. However, there was no way that we were going to miss riding EE. WWHHHEEEEEEEEEE!!:coaster: Oh what fun. The big drop is a little intense the 1st time that you ride it, but is totally doable. I can't remember how many times that we did ride it. DD even rode more than I. Space Mountain is rather mild. We love it and will ride over and over. I noticed this year that it hurt my back a little. Does that mean that I am getting old?:confused: Surely not.

JabberJaws
11-07-2007, 11:07 AM
In the opinion of a roller coaster junky (and ACE member) I personally think that SM is scarier simply because it is in the dark for the entire ride. EE is relatively tame as for as the coaster part goes, with the exception of the backwards section. The thrills at EE come from the themeing, special effects and the Yeti.

IF you catch the Yeti when it is working properly (last time we were there is was motionless and more-or-less in the dark) then that increases the scare factor 100%!