PDA

View Full Version : Will CSR take a hit because of DDP changes?

poeticeclipse
11-06-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has recognized the fact that CSR might take a slight hit because of the changes in the dining plan.

The Pepper Market includes a 10% gratuity and if that is now not included in the DDP, people may start trying other resorts instead of CSR in the attempt to save some money. I can't think of anyone who would enjoy paying more money on top of the DDP prices for a CS meal.

If i'm wrong about all of this and somehow Pepper Market "doesn't count" just let me know and i'll keep my mouth shut. :) It's just so hard:blush:

JPL
11-06-2007, 10:36 AM
I think without tip included the DDP itself is going to take a hit. Between taking away the Appetizer adding 15-20% depending on how much you tip and having to pay full rack rate for rooms you are lucky if you break even on the plan.

Just do the Math on a typical TS meal.

Hammer
11-06-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has recognized the fact that CSR might take a slight hit because of the changes in the dining plan.

The Pepper Market includes a 10% gratuity and if that is now not included in the DDP, people may start trying other resorts instead of CSR in the attempt to save some money. I can't think of anyone who would enjoy paying more money on top of the DDP prices for a CS meal.

If i'm wrong about all of this and somehow Pepper Market "doesn't count" just let me know and i'll keep my mouth shut. :) It's just so hard:blush:

Having to pay the 10% gratuity won't stop me from eating or staying there. That 10% is a fair trade off IMHO for having real plates, silverware and cloth napkins. The other food courts give you paper plates and napkins as well as plastic silverware, which for me is no better than my mall fast food court. The food choices at the other moderates are mostly like a mall food court to me as well. Pepper Market offers much more variety. Read my review here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118906) as we made a stop to eat here on our AK day. The food is worth it to us.

I think without tip included the DDP itself is going to take a hit. Between taking away the Appetizer adding 15-20% depending on how much you tip and having to pay full rack rate for rooms you are lucky if you break even on the plan.

Just do the Math on a typical TS meal.

I'll agree with you in regards to the Basic Dining Plan, but the deluxe may sell well, if you get a discounted package. For example, in October I had a dicounted package with Dining which in essence saved me the cost of purchasing the plan. Say Disney offeres me a discounted package again and I add on the Deluxe Dining at $69.99 per person. If properly planned and you eat at signature dining at the resorts most nights, you come out ahead, even figuring in the tip. Remember, you receive an appetizer on the Deluxe plan, so your only added cost is the tip. I ate at Narcoossee's last trip and the bill, minus the tip was around $170 for 2, not including the alcohol which is extra. Next year, if I do this meal, I'm already ahead for the day and I still have another credit to use! These numbers aren't as good if you go to signature Dining at CRT or the Dinner shows.

Remember, people who are DVC can get the Dining plan as well, so your "rack rate" analogy does not apply to them.

As this is more about the Dining plan, I'm moving this to the Dining forum.

tominmpls46
11-15-2007, 09:04 PM
It may not matter as Pepper Mill is not yet on the 2008 plan. I have heard that Mayan Grill will be on the plan (but not yet in the brochure)

Hammer
11-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Both Pepper Market and May Grill have signed on for the 2008 Dining plan. Here (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/WDW/2008Dining.pdf) is the list as of 11/1 from our sponsor and friends at Magical Journeys!