PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP candy

McGoofy
11-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Well, I know this is post Halloween, but I didn't go to the MNSSHP until 10/31. Before I left, several people had been asking on Intercot about the candy. I have a picture to show you guys, so now you can know for next year. This picture is just of ONE bag of candy (http://community.webshots.com/album/561334050AUrfqz?vhost=community). We had a total of all of that times 3 bags! (We had a 4th bag, but my husband accidentally dropped it while we were on the tram riding back to our car. What a mess, and we couldn't do anything to help pick it up. I felt so bad!! ) We had such a good time at the MNSSHP. I'm looking forward to writing a trip report. I highly recommend MNSSHP if you are condsidering going next year!!:thumbsup:

WDWfanatic742
11-05-2007, 09:03 PM
We got a million kissables and tons of those Toxic Waste bar things that are nasty :D. I seemed to not get many name brand candies and more of those little candies that were made to look like Hamburgers and Hot Dog's. It was still a very good party and I think I would do it again too.

Dsnygirl
11-05-2007, 09:19 PM
:mickey: Wow!! That's an amazing pile!! My DH and I didn't even trick or treat while we were there, it was our first time and we were so busy doing stuff we totally forgot!! I shouldn't have looked at your picture... now I know what we missed!! (Probably better for my waistline, I suppose... :blush:)

McGoofy
11-05-2007, 09:26 PM
We got a million kissables and tons of those Toxic Waste bar things that are nasty :D. I seemed to not get many name brand candies and more of those little candies that were made to look like Hamburgers and Hot Dog's. It was still a very good party and I think I would do it again too.

What night did you go? A CM told us that the closer it got to the end of the parties, the more generous they became. The reason for that was because they had to get rid of everything since they couldn't save it.

Yes, I agree that those toxic waste things are nasty, but for some reason my 9 year old son loves them!:sick:

WDWfanatic742
11-05-2007, 09:33 PM
We went the 30th. You see the line for Cosmic Ray's that was giving the candy but also had a line for Raisins? Who gives Raisins for Halloween? :D

SgtTigger
11-05-2007, 09:40 PM
WOW thanks for the picture.......

We have wanted to go for some time now.... maybe next year......

:cop: :tigger:

chrisb26
11-05-2007, 09:58 PM
me my mom and my aunt all got three full bags of candy each at the party we got alot of kissables also but I had 3 full bags before we got those :D

Here is a picture of the candy I got it was a bit difficult to see since the bedspread kind of matches it but you can still make it out. it weighed 10 pounds

My Candy (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/WDW%20October%2007/574.jpg) 1
My Candy (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/WDW%20October%2007/018.jpg) 2

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
11-05-2007, 10:30 PM
We got tons of Kissables on 9/14 and 9/28 when we went to MNSSHP. My kids love them.

The toxic bars were awful...I agree with you there. :sick:

I highly recommend the party too. It was the first time we have ever done MNSSHP and we were thrilled with it!! I am glad you had a great time too. :thumbsup:

Catwillow
11-05-2007, 10:47 PM
All I can say is WOW. I got a whole bag of Kissables (the bag they were handing out for trick or treating)....PLUS...at least 1 1/2 bags of candy and we only went through the lines 1 time. I used a plastic cauldron and it was about 3/4 full so I'm just guessing on the amount.

We went on the 30th...and the only thing that didn't get rained on was the 1st parade....LOL. Despite being soaked I had a great time watching the parade, trick or treating, riding Haunted Mansion, seeing the fireworks (from behind the castle -- that was a bit disappointing), and seeing everyone else having a good time despite the rain. I very much look forward to going next year....and getting to do what I didn't get to do this year... like Character greets and the Mix & Mingle.

Goofy Pluto
11-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Oooh! A Clark bar! ;)

What is a Toxic Waste bar? I've never heard of it. What is in it?

garymacd
11-06-2007, 10:21 AM
We didn't get nearly as much as that, nor the selection. That is amazing! Of course, we also didn't hit every trick or treat spot either. This party really is a great time.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
11-06-2007, 10:26 AM
we only went through 3 treat lines...

1 1/2 full bags on candy with tons of chocolate bars and good stuff... plus at the end of the night, they filled up an entire bag and a half full of kissables... awesome!

P.S. we went on 11/2

McGoofy
11-06-2007, 11:45 AM
We went the 30th. You see the line for Cosmic Ray's that was giving the candy but also had a line for Raisins? Who gives Raisins for Halloween? :D

We laughed about the raisins too. I joked with the CM and told her that she had better watch out because a lot of people might come egg her house.:D However, I really liked the boxes. They had characters from CARS on them.

We went on the 30th...and the only thing that didn't get rained on was the 1st parade....LOL. Despite being soaked I had a great time watching the parade, trick or treating, riding Haunted Mansion, seeing the fireworks (from behind the castle -- that was a bit disappointing), and seeing everyone else having a good time despite the rain. I very much look forward to going next year....and getting to do what I didn't get to do this year... like Character greets and the Mix & Mingle.

Glad you had a good time in the rain. You were some of the people that my family was feeling really sorry for.:( We were over at MGM that night, and it was pouring. We stood under a covered area near the bathrooms at Fantasmic waiting to see if the rain would clear. It didn't, so we left and didn't see Fantasmic that night. (We did get to go back another night though.) Anyhow, we were just thinking about all of our costumes and make-up that we were going to have on for the MNSSHP the very next night. We knew rain would not be good for all of that. We just felt really bad for anybody that was at the MNSSHP while all of that rain was going on.

What is a Toxic Waste bar? I've never heard of it. What is in it?

It's like sour patch candy in the shape of an Air Head. Extremely sour. They were handing them out at the Pirates of Carribean ride.

1 1/2 full bags on candy with tons of chocolate bars and good stuff... plus at the end of the night, they filled up an entire bag and a half full of kissables... awesome!

P.S. we went on 11/2

Oh, you went the last night....I'll bet you would have come out with multiple bags per person if you had gone to more treat lines since they wanted to get rid of everything they had.

We certainly got way more than we will ever eat. I think I will be sending a lot of it to school with my son for his teacher to use as treats for the kids.

youngOx96
11-06-2007, 04:01 PM
That's quite a candy haul. I like your idea of sending the candy to school for the teachers to use as treats.

Mmmm Toxic Waste bars - sounds appetizing.:sick:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
11-07-2007, 12:34 AM
I sent 20 bags of kissables with my Emmy to daycare... since they are colored her teacher said she can do activities with them and give this as treats to the kids. And share them with the other teachers...heh. And after that 20 we still have 33 bags... Good night that is a lot of candy. All in addition to the regular candy we got from MNSSHP and the HUUUUGE bag of candy we got on Halloween... Ugh. At least we are potty training so she gets to pick out a treat every time she goes poop on the potty!:D

Matt's Dad
11-09-2007, 12:13 PM

Raisins for Halloween??? Disney must be thinking of the growing population of kids have medical conditions (Diabetes maybe or food sensitivities / allergies to Nuts, Dairy, Gluten, Caisen, Soy ....) and may not be able to have traditional candies.

Raisins may not sound like a great treat to some, but if it allows these kids to be included in trick-or-treat at Disney, I applaude Disney for the effort.

TheRustyScupper
11-09-2007, 01:01 PM
. . . Who gives Raisins for Halloween? . . .

Probably:
1) California Purple Dancing Rasins
2) Sun-Maid Girl

suedenim
11-09-2007, 03:35 PM
My nephew and I only went through a couple treat lines on the 2nd (last Party night), but upon exiting, we were given as many packs of Kissables as we could carry....

Here we go again...
11-11-2007, 03:50 AM

P.S. we went on 11/2
We each had a bag about half full of candy when we were walking out of the park. The CMs were at the gate waiting for us to leave and pouring full size bags of Kissables in our bags. We must have left with 40 bags!

Raisins for Halloween??? Disney must be thinking of the growing population of kids have medical conditions (Diabetes maybe or food sensitivities / allergies to Nuts, Dairy, Gluten, Caisen, Soy ....) and may not be able to have traditional candies.

Raisins may not sound like a great treat to some, but if it allows these kids to be included in trick-or-treat at Disney, I applaude Disney for the effort.

I was in the raisin line. :blush: I am on weight watchers and was very happy to find something that was not candy. I snacked on raisins and 1 bag of skittles all night.

I loved the Halloween party. It was lots of good clean fun. And, I think the parade is the best one I have seen. JMO

Beast_fanatic
11-11-2007, 04:59 PM
We went on 10/12. I only went through the trick or treat line that started in Toon Town and ended up next to Space Mountain, and I got a half a bag of candy, as follows:

6 chick o stick
1 mary jane
1 bit o honey
3 strawberry laffy taffy
3 tiny tootsie rolls
4 kraft caramels
2 burger mini
2 hot dog mini
2 lemon head
2 blue raspberry jolly ranchers
1 watermelon jolly ranchers
2 cherry jolly ranchers
2 lemon saf-t-pops
1 strawberry dum-dum sucker
1 grape dum-dum sucker
1 pink lemonade dum-dum sucker
1 cherry tootsie roll pop
2 tiny baby ruth
3 tiny snickers
2 tiny nestle crunch
1 tiny nestle milk chocolate
2 tiny 3 musketeers
1 chocolate home depot nascar
1 tiny m&ms

Then we got 4 regular sized Kissables outside the main gate when we left.

I refused at least 2 other handfuls of candy (there were multiple people at each spot along the trail, and they were each trying to put candy in my bag, but I just took from one person each time that happened).