PDA

View Full Version : Out of the 3 Parks MK, AK & MGM... ?

AbeeNormal
11-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Where's the best Pizza? :pizza:

Thanks so much :thumbsup:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
11-05-2007, 08:11 PM
MGM...at the Toy Story restaurant thing back by muppets... a-maz-ing!

Jared
11-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Honestly, I recommend staying away from the pizza at all the parks, especially at counter service restaurants. Toy Story Pizza Planet serves frozen cardboard you could probably make better at home.

Some of the table service places, like Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano at the Disney-MGM Studios, have interesting flatbreads, which are similar to pizza.

dolphinmickey9170
11-05-2007, 08:54 PM
We really like Pizzafari at AK!!

DizneyRox
11-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Nobody goes to Disney looking for good pizza... You won't find it. I'd rather have freezer burned frozen pizza than eat it at WDW.

SBETigg
11-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Pizza is not one of the best things at WDW. You might try Spoodles, where they have some slices available, but generally it's not something we enjoy at Disney. Some of the restaurants do have good flatbreads, but not pizza in the more traditional sense.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-06-2007, 09:24 AM

Thanks so much :thumbsup: ;)I have to agree, the pizza at Disney isn't the greatest. My son always liked having pizza delivered to the room when we stayed at All Stars Movies. It was something between a frozen pizza and average delivery, not bad but not good. I didn't care for the flatbread I ordered at Mama Melrose's either. Although I haven't eaten there, I've heard decent reviews about Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom.

JPL
11-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Not such thing as good Pizza at WDW. I don't think there is even anything that could pass for my defintion of pizza :sick:

illini
11-06-2007, 09:35 AM
I agree-- good pizza? Not happening. I haven't tried it in at a TS, so maybe there's some good pizza out there.

I'm pretty sure you can order Giordano's and have it delivered to your room, though. Now THAT would be yummy!

AbeeNormal
11-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Wow.... I'm totally surprised.:jaw:

I figured with Florida being on the East Coast there would be good Pizza. :pizza:

I really appreciate you all letting me know, at least I won't go looking for something that doesn't exist. :search:

DizneyRox
11-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Wow.... I'm totally surprised.:jaw:

I figured with Florida being on the East Coast there would be good Pizza. :pizza:

I really appreciate you all letting me know, at least I won't go looking for something that doesn't exist. :search:
When you say East Coast, I think you also need to specify north of the mason dixon line.

judoma
11-06-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm gonna have to agree w/ other son this one. Disney World is not the best place to get pizza. Especially if you do know what good pizza is. And on that note, the airport pizza is even worse!:down:

mousetrapper
11-06-2007, 02:19 PM
What about Wolfgang Puck's restaurant in Downtown Disney? He is famous for his delicious pizzas (more like flatbreads, I guess).

AbeeNormal
11-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Yeah I suppose........:thumbsup:

But the East Coast is the the whole thing when you live in California.... Stupid I know .. It's just like people on the east coast thinking everyone in California has a view of the beach. :surfing:

JPL
11-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Actually Pizza Quality starts to decline on East Coast the further North or South and even West you go from the NYC area.

AbeeNormal
11-06-2007, 02:32 PM
I was in Red Bank last year and your NY pizza is amazing. The best I've ever had

Jared
11-06-2007, 02:37 PM
What about Wolfgang Puck's restaurant in Downtown Disney? He is famous for his delicious pizzas (more like flatbreads, I guess).
Wolfgang Puck's pizza is quite good, but it is California style, not traditional pizza.

Actually Pizza Quality starts to decline on East Coast the further North or South and even West you go from the NYC area.
Exactly. The entire coast doesn't have great pizza. New York City and the surrounding area (New Jersey, parts of Connecticut, etc.) make the pizza you're craving.

Cookie123
11-06-2007, 02:40 PM
If there was any possibility that you would be staying in the one bedroom DVC villas, you would be so much better off cooking your own pizza one evening in your room. Go to the grocery store and get in all your pizza fixings for a special evening.

SBETigg
11-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Wolfgang Puck's pizza is quite good, but it is California style, not traditional pizza.

Exactly. The entire coast doesn't have great pizza. New York City and the surrounding area (New Jersey, parts of Connecticut, etc.) make the pizza you're craving.

Most of MA and the Boston area has lots of incredible pizza. Many to rival NYC. North End? Hello. Don't leave us out.

HndrdPrcnt
11-10-2007, 01:21 AM
Yeah I suppose........:thumbsup:

But the East Coast is the the whole thing when you live in California.... Stupid I know .. It's just like people on the east coast thinking everyone in California has a view of the beach. :surfing:

You mean we don't??? So why is my mortgage so high then??

HndrdPrcnt
11-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Oh yeah.....if you want really great pizza (Chicago style), then you have to try Giordano's. They have a location in Lake Buena Vista and I would imagine that you can get them to deliver to the Poly. Their phone number is 407-239-8900 and they are at 12151 Apopka Vineland Rd. You will not be disappointed!! :tasty:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-10-2007, 02:47 AM
I must be the weird one cause I hate NY style pizza - too thin and greasy.

I love Chicago though. If you are ever in North Fla, there is a chain called the Loop Pizza and it's by far the best in the world.

Disney has the same pizza across property for QSR locations. And the name is escaping me at this moment but I remember box after box after box...non stop. 20+ boxes a night.....more if it was busy.

BronxTigger
11-10-2007, 05:25 AM
Disney has the same pizza across property for QSR locations. And the name is escaping me at this moment but I remember box after box after box...non stop. 20+ boxes a night.....more if it was busy.

Find out the name for me if you can....I'd like to know.

Pizzafari (AK), Pinocchio's Village Haus (MK), Catalina Eddies (MGM) and perhaps Toy Story Pizza Planet (also MGM) are the ones with the same little personal pan pizzas. They taste like frozen pizzas because from what I understand they ARE frozen pizzas.

As others have posted, you can get flatbreads, similar to pizzas at Mama Melrose and I think California Grill, along with some other places.

Avoid the pizza place at the Orlando Airport. Hands down the WORST pizza I've ever had.

SBETigg
11-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Find out the name for me if you can....I'd like to know.

Pizzafari (AK), Pinocchio's Village Haus (MK), Catalina Eddies (MGM) and perhaps Toy Story Pizza Planet (also MGM) are the ones with the same little personal pan pizzas. They taste like frozen pizzas because from what I understand they ARE frozen pizzas.

As others have posted, you can get flatbreads, similar to pizzas at Mama Melrose and I think California Grill, along with some other places.

Avoid the pizza place at the Orlando Airport. Hands down the WORST pizza I've ever had.

Pizzafari's isn't frozen, not sure about the rest. I saw a Food Network special on it. They made a machine for Pizzafari to turn the pizzas out quickly. They do use pre-baked dough circles not unlike the Boboli shells you can get at the supermarket, but every pizza is "made fresh."

lightyearfan
11-11-2007, 12:09 AM
for me and dw it would be a tie between Pizzafari and Toy Story Pizza Planet. it may not be the best but it's not bad either. IMHO

Victor:mickey:

AbeeNormal
11-11-2007, 02:12 PM
You mean we don't??? So why is my mortgage so high then??

You've got that right John...... we should have beach views for the price of a Ca. mortgage:exactly:

garymacd
11-11-2007, 02:59 PM

Thanks so much :thumbsup:

The Attic Pizzeria in Stoney Creek, Ontario!

Oh. You meant at WDW.

Sorry.

Iluvpooh
11-11-2007, 07:20 PM
I recently made the mistake of getting the pizza at Villagehaus at MK and I'm not sure if all the other pizza is the same, but it was really bad. I just pulled the toppings off and ate them. The sauce was too spicy and the crust was like eating a bouncy ball. It looked and smelled really good though. Go figure:thedolls:

brownie
11-12-2007, 09:54 AM
We tried the Toy Story Pizza Planet pizza once and never had it again. I'd recommend not trying it unless something's changed in the last few years.

We haven't had pizza anywhere else in the parks, but the pizzas we've had from the World Premier food court at All-Star Movies have been good.

poohbearlover15
01-12-2008, 11:02 PM
ok dont listen to the people that are saying that pizza is groos in disney world because i bet they havent tried pizzafari in the animal kingdom! That is one of the best pizzas i had in a long time!

pogo
01-12-2008, 11:38 PM
I've never had the pizza at Wolfgang Puck's but they sure cookup some mean possum, right Natazu ? :D

And just for the record..... the pizza is very good here on the North Coast. :D

Natazu
01-13-2008, 02:47 AM
Honestly, I recommend staying away from the pizza at all the parks, especially at counter service restaurants. Toy Story Pizza Planet serves frozen cardboard you could probably make better at home.

Some of the table service places, like Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano at the Disney-MGM Studios, have interesting flatbreads, which are similar to pizza.

Yeah, uh, what he said. Disney pizza... fuggetaboudit!

Natazu
01-13-2008, 02:49 AM
I've never had the pizza at Wolfgang Puck's but they sure cookup some mean possum, right Natazu ? :D :bang:

katzctkpt
01-13-2008, 08:50 AM
To answer you question and if I remember correctly you asked what's the best pizza in AK, MK, or MGM.....I would have to say they all taste about the same, so I'd pick AK's pizzafari.....the pizza is good along with the great atmospher, you can't go wrong. :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
01-13-2008, 09:04 AM
I'm going to have to say that pizza from AK, MK, or MGM would have to be AK pizzafari. Unless you want an outragous delivery charge from Chicago, NY, NJ or the other claimed, famous, best pizza's in the world. I'd stick with a more local pizza. Like it was said above, the AK's pizza is good and the eatery is wonderful.

SillyOldBear
01-13-2008, 11:59 PM
I liked Pizzafari too. I don't remember Pizza Planet--always got annoyed with how crowded it was. Anyways, I don't know why people are talking about it being so gross--I hate thin pizza too! I love Papa John's and I think their pizza is great--it's quick service at Disney...

Crystal

robemcdo
01-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Spoodles pizza window is not bad, and it's open late, and I did note a fellow eating pizza at Wolfgang Puck Express and it didn't look to bad.

My advice....Papa John!

Crow
01-14-2008, 02:43 PM
I like Papa Johns here. down at WDW, few times had Pizza Hut delivery or Pizzeria Uno by the Crossroads i hit once or twice.
havent tried in the parks but wanted to.
the calzone at CSR wasnt bad.
on another thread they said SOG was good so might try that when im there in Feb.
Boardwalk window at SPoodles wasnt real bad.

Mackflava99
01-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Spoodles has a window that serves slices-
its not bad considering the other options.
Actually its head over heels better than all the other options- but still no where near NY/Nj pizza.
But as a whole, Florida pizza is not good- alot depends ont he water and dough used. Florida water has too many additives that hurt the dough mix.
Cape may has some fair pizza in its buffet, and Chez mickey has breakfast pizza....but the selection isn't phenomenal.
So to answer your questions: Spoodles wins by a landslide vs. its competition.