PDA

View Full Version : New York City Meet -- Winter '08 Edition

Jared
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Well, it's the time of year once again to start planning our semiannual New York City meet. Ellen has some new and exciting ideas this time, and she'll be around shortly to explain.

Anyway, I'm immediately suggesting we meet the weekend of Jan. 4, either the Saturday or Sunday. It's after all the holidays, and I'll still be home for my winter break.

For the regulars, we'll be sending around e-mails or Private Messages within the next couple weeks. New people, of course, are welcome. Just respond to the thread, and we'll start putting together a headcount.

If anybody wants to suggest a different date, please post in the thread.

Looking forward to seeing everybody again. Ellen will post her fabulous plans in a few minutes.

JPL
11-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Ellen will post her fabulous plans in a few minutes.

Her time is up where are these new plans ;)

MinnieMommie
11-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Hi Jared,

I really want to attend this meet. I can only attend on the weekend you post (1/5 is a Saturday and 1/6 is a Sunday) or the last weekend of the month (1/26 is a Saturday, 1/27 is a Sunday). I will be leaving for Orlando the weekend of the 12th and coming back on the weekend of the 20th.

The last weekend of the month is the best for me although there will be many people's schedules to consider when scheduling. That first weekend is too close to the holidays and my kids school schedules but if that works best for everyone else I will do my best to attend. Very exciting! :mickey:

Jared
11-05-2007, 08:01 PM
I can't meet the last weekend of the month because I'll be back in Syracuse. Hopefully, you can come whenever we decide!

BronxTigger
11-05-2007, 08:07 PM
The first weekend of January works for me.

grego77
11-05-2007, 08:26 PM
That's a great time for me! :) Either day works.

Count a New Englander in! :number1:

tinksmom02
11-05-2007, 09:53 PM
:mickey: I would love to join in on this meet! The first weekend sounds good to me, if you'll have me!

ElenitaB
11-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Her time is up where are these new plans ;)
Didn't anyone ever tell you that patience is a virtue? ;)

Anyway, we're looking for wallet-friendly alternatives, but we're thinking of repeating a wonderful experience several of us had during the 10th Anniversary weekend. :cloud9: Hopefully, we'll have some answers this week.

JPL
11-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Didn't anyone ever tell you that patience is a virtue? ;)

I had Patience until Disney Introduced Fast pass so blame the :mickey:

Any Patience I have is used teaching 500 students M-F ;)

prprincess
11-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Even though I'm down here in South Jersey, I'm interested! I'll subscribe to this thread, but if any PMs go out with information, please include me. Thanks!

Beach Club Babe
11-07-2007, 09:44 AM
I am gonna do everything in power to make this one!

JPL
11-07-2007, 03:33 PM
but we're thinking of repeating a wonderful experience several of us had during the 10th Anniversary weekend. :cloud9:

Wow you are flying us down to WDW for a special Illuminations Dessert Party how generous:thumbsup:

tinksmom02
11-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Is the World of Disney store going to be on the itinerary??? I so want to go there!

ElenitaB
11-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Is the World of Disney store going to be on the itinerary??? I so want to go there!
World of Disney is always on the itinerary! :spend:

Wow you are flying us down to WDW for a special Illuminations Dessert Party how generous:thumbsup:
Oh no... the cat is out of the bag! :haha:

No, air time is not involved but dessert IS involved!

offwego
11-08-2007, 05:00 PM
If someone were flying into new york what airport would be best?

BronxTigger
11-08-2007, 06:10 PM
If someone were flying into new york what airport would be best?

I'd say LaGuardia, but all three are obnoxious. LGA is closest to Midtown Manhattan.

MinnieMommie
11-12-2007, 11:59 AM
I don't think there is much hope of my being able to attend. My husband and daughter have birthdays that weekend. I will hold onto the faint possiblity that it may work out but realistically I don't think it will be possible. I think I will be reading about this one and joinging you only in spirit. Errrr! :mickey:

OhGee
11-14-2007, 12:17 AM
Looking forward to joining you all for this meet since I was not able to attend the last one. :)

TikiGoddess
11-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Anyway, we're looking for wallet-friendly alternatives, but we're thinking of repeating a wonderful experience several of us had during the 10th Anniversary weekend. :cloud9: Hopefully, we'll have some answers this week.

Ooooh, oooh, pick me! Pick me! I know this one! :D

Aw, geez, my husband's birthday is 1/6 (Sun). This is going to be a tough one. Guess I better start being nice to him NOW. OR..... plan a special weekend in the City with him for his birthday! That only means I have to find someone to watch the kids for the weekend. Hmm. That's a TOUGH one.

Ah, well, I will try my best to get there!!! A later weekend would be better for me but I understand about school and breaks and all. Minnie Mommie, I'm hoping to do another CT meet sometime in the early spring!!

Kathy

MinnieMommie
11-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Ah, well, I will try my best to get there!!! A later weekend would be better for me but I understand about school and breaks and all. Minnie Mommie, I'm hoping to do another CT meet sometime in the early spring!!

Kathy

Count me in for that one Kathy. My life should be much less pressured by then! I will be looking forward to this! :mickey:

aprilisis
11-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Can you guys PM me the details? I might be able to attend. Thanks! :mickey:

TikiGoddess
11-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Update: there's really no way I can get down to NYC that weekend. I mentioned it to my hubby and he just sort of looked at me. :humph: It's his birthday that weekend so I can't argue with him.

But hopefully we can get together in March -- I've started a thread, hoping to get people interested and see if we can find a place for everyone to meet at that's reachable by NYC dwellers and New Englanders.

Later,
Kathy

Jared
12-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Ellen, we need an update to make final plans. Are we doing something special or having another meal at Heartland Brewery? I'm fine with either.

JPL
12-07-2007, 02:55 PM
We wants the Details!!!
We Wants the Details!!!

Mackflava99
12-07-2007, 03:25 PM
If you allow people from South Jersey to come, i would like to attend- :))

JPL
12-07-2007, 03:51 PM
If you allow people from South Jersey to come, i would like to attend- :))

That depends are you an Eagles or Flyers Fan :thedolls:

Just Kidding of course;)

Sure the more the merrier:thumbsup:

Rikkikika
12-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Please sign me up would like to meet other Disney Nuts like me!:mickey:. Both Sat/Sunday work for me!

mouseketeer mom
12-15-2007, 09:22 AM
I'd love to be clued in with the details if you're Ok with some other intercotees joining the mix! I've never been to a meet, but have been posting here for years! I'd love a PM if possible with details. Thanks everyone!

Jared
12-15-2007, 10:31 AM
To all the new people, we haven't send any updates yet, and everybody is invited and included. Ellen and I are trying to make final arrangements soon, so when we know more, you will know more.

We're still trying to figure out the possibility of a certain special event after meeting at the World of Disney store instead of our traditional restaurant lunch. If it doesn't work out, we'll probably eat at Heartland Brewery again, which worked well in the summer.

OhGee
12-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Please count me in!

JPL
12-22-2007, 01:37 PM
The Clock is ticking ;)

ElenitaB
12-23-2007, 12:19 PM
It sure is! I can't believe how quickly the end of the year is approaching, and with it, our meet!

I think we'll skip the "special event" (which was to be afternoon tea) due to the high cost, so how about lunch at the Heartland Brewery again? They treated us well last time and let us chat for as long as we wanted.

PM me if you'd like a link to Heartland Brewery's site. It's reasonably priced and the menu is quite varied.

disneydeb
12-23-2007, 02:35 PM
One of athese days I DO plan on making a New York meet, but it is not in the cards for me this year.:(

JPL
12-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Beer and food sounds good to me :D

grego77
12-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Are we doing Sat or Sun? What time are we looking at? I ask because I may be seeing Mary Poppins Sat evening, and would definitely prefer meeting on Sat.

Looking forward to the event! :thumbsup:

tinksmom02
12-23-2007, 09:38 PM
I was just at the Heartland Brewery in November...it's at the South Street Seaport, right? Or is there another one? Anyway, great food and :beer:

More details, please! Really going to try to make it!

BronxTigger
12-23-2007, 10:54 PM
I was just at the Heartland Brewery in November...it's at the South Street Seaport, right? Or is there another one? Anyway, great food and :beer:

More details, please! Really going to try to make it!

There are several. The one we would go to would be the one at 51st and 6th Ave. It's within walking distance of WOD.

You can google Heartland Brewery if you don't want to ask for the website.

Ellen....what day will it be?

tinksmom02
12-24-2007, 01:02 PM
There are several. The one we would go to would be the one at 51st and 6th Ave. It's within walking distance of WOD.

You can google Heartland Brewery if you don't want to ask for the website.

Ellen....what day will it be?

Yeah, I googled it and realized there are several. Anyway, when will it be? (please be sunday, please be sunday!)

ElenitaB
12-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Sunday is better for me as well, but I'm not sure when Jared heads back upstate and he's still abroad. If our general patience can hold, let's wait until later in the week to set up the exact when/where.

Looking forward to seeing you all but in the meantime, Merry Christmas! :santa3:

BronxTigger
12-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Sunday is better for me as well, but I'm not sure when Jared heads back upstate and he's still abroad. If our general patience can hold, let's wait until later in the week to set up the exact when/where.

Looking forward to seeing you all but in the meantime, Merry Christmas! :santa3:

Jared is scheduled to be back late afternoon/evening of the 26th.

Jared
12-26-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm home and exhausted. Let's plan this meet after I finally sleep.

grego77
12-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Hope the trip went well...looking forward to set plans soon. :mickey:

JPL
12-27-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm home and exhausted. Let's plan this meet after I finally sleep.

Hey who said you were allowed to sleep ;)

JPL
12-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Jared Wake UP!!!

You have a meet to plan ;)

Jared
12-28-2007, 12:11 PM
I haven't been able to reach Ellen since I returned from Israel, so I am making an executive decision to suggest a plan. If she was able to find an alternative, we'll make changes.

I propose we meet at the World of Disney store around noon on Saturday, Jan. 5. From there, we will move to lunch at Heartland Brewery, where we ate during our summer meet.

Let's start making an official list. Post if you can come or if Sunday would work better.

:)

ElenitaB
12-28-2007, 03:37 PM
That works for us... Sunday would be slightly better as it gives me an extra day to recover from treatment, but I could schlep in on Saturday too.

Jared
12-28-2007, 03:49 PM
I just sent out Private Messages to everybody who expressed interest in attending. Please respond soon so we can make final arrangements by the beginning of next week.

Thanks!

Jared
12-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Right now, the race is deadlocked at three, with a few people expressing no preference. I'm still waiting for a few more responses.

I have not included myself yet in the tally, so I will make an executive decision if the vote is inconclusive.

JPL
12-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Right now either day looks fine for me :thumbsup:

Jared
12-30-2007, 09:13 AM
With apologies to Nanette and Grace, more people prefer to meet Sunday.

We will gather at the World of Disney store at noon on Sunday, Jan. 6, shop for a while and eat lunch at Heartland Brewery.

Please respond to this thread, or send me a Private Message, outlining if you are coming and the number of guests in your group.

On Wednesday or Thursday, I will send everybody another Private Message with my cell phone number.

BronxTigger
12-30-2007, 10:22 AM
I'll be there. Just me. And I'll try to be on time this time. Hopefully the train is on it's best behavior!

OhGee, I hope you can make it!

Beach Club Babe
12-30-2007, 10:27 AM
I will be there, but I'm not sure yet if anyone will be coming with me. It would only be 1 more, though!

grego77
12-30-2007, 10:58 AM
I will be there. The earlier the better for me, because I have a 6:30AM flight to UT the next morning from BOS...so I have to drive back to MA after the meet, after taking the LIRR back to Bellerose where my friend is. So I'll prob have to leave by 3ish or so, to catch the 3:41 LIRR back.

I may also have a friend with me. I'll let you know soon.

Greg :mickey:

Jared
12-30-2007, 04:39 PM
I will be there. The earlier the better for me, because I have a 6:30AM flight to UT the next morning from BOS...so I have to drive back to MA after the meet, after taking the LIRR back to Bellerose where my friend is. So I'll prob have to leave by 3ish or so, to catch the 3:41 LIRR back.

I may also have a friend with me. I'll let you know soon.

IM or e-mail me whenever you know more. If you stay until 3, you'll be around for most of the meet.

OhGee
12-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Aww, I can't make it on Sunday. I have a party celebrating my mom's birthday that day. Have a great time everyone! Hopefully next time!

BronxTigger
01-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Jared has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Jared, clean out your PM box!

I'll be there but nobody is coming with me.

Thanks for organizing this Jared and Ellen!

mouseketeer mom
01-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Jared,
I tried to get thru to you too, but your PM is full!!!
My oldest daughter competes junior olympic gymnastics and we are in Cherry Hill on Sunday.
Thanks for including me, and maybe next time!
Lisa

prprincess
01-04-2008, 07:51 PM
With apologies to Nanette and Grace, more people prefer to meet Sunday.It's okay. DS#2 is sick, so I can't make it anyway. :ill:

Jared
01-05-2008, 09:23 AM
I saw you guys tried to reach me, and I cleaned my inbox. Thanks for responding.

See everyone tomorrow!

disneydeb
01-05-2008, 08:39 PM
See everyone tomorrow!

:cry::crying::cry: Well, NOT EVERYONE!

hoping to see you all maybe this summer....

Have Fun!

BronxTigger
01-05-2008, 09:02 PM
:cry::crying::cry: Well, NOT EVERYONE!

hoping to see you all maybe this summer....

Have Fun!

How far is Intercotville from NYC? I might have to visit you sometime! I hope to meet you sometime soon! Sorry you can't make it. :(

Jared
01-06-2008, 01:41 AM
I understand Ellen sent a Private Message with my and her cell phone number, so everybody should be raring to go tomorrow. Looking forward to reuniting with old friends and meeting some new ones.

See you all in about 11 hours.

Beach Club Babe
01-06-2008, 09:08 AM
:( I am so sorry I won't be able to go today! I am so sick with a cough and sore throat, I can't even speak! :ill: Have a great time, and hopefully you'll have another one real soon!

Jared
01-06-2008, 09:56 AM
:( I am so sorry I won't be able to go today! I am so sick with a cough and sore throat, I can't even speak! :ill: Have a great time, and hopefully you'll have another one real soon!
Heather, I am so disappointed! I was really looking forward to seeing you today!

Please feel better, and we'll have another meet soon.

BronxTigger
01-06-2008, 07:22 PM
It was nice to see everybody today!

Seven people made it:
Ellen (ElenitaB)
Jared (Jared)
Christi (tinksmom02)
Greg (grego77)
Ben (Ellen's son...not on Icot)
Steve (not on Icot)
Bethany (BronxTigger...me)

We met at World of Disney and we browsed for about an hour. Some of us even managed to leave empty handed!

Then we went to lunch at Heartland Brewery, where we spent about 2 hours eating and talking.

Here (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2774146310100449647JnGjAT) is a photo! I hope I'll see everybody again at the summer NYC meet, as well as some people who were noticeably absent!

MinnieMommie
01-06-2008, 08:13 PM
It was nice to see everybody today!

Seven people made it:
Ellen (ElenitaB)
Jared (Jared)
Christi (tinksmom02)
Greg (grego77)
Ben (Ellen's son...not on Icot)
Steve (not on Icot)
Bethany (BronxTigger...me)

We met at World of Disney and we browsed for about an hour. Some of us even managed to leave empty handed!

Then we went to lunch at Heartland Brewery, where we spent about 2 hours eating and talking.

Here (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2774146310100449647JnGjAT) is a photo! I hope I'll see everybody again at the summer NYC meet, as well as some people who were noticeably absent!

Great Picture Bethany! I hope to join you all at this summer's NY Meet and also hope you all are able to attend the CT meet in March. Sorry to have missed this one. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-06-2008, 08:49 PM
What a great photo! Sorry to have missed it, you all look terrifically nice!!! Hope to make the summer meet.
Lisa

ElenitaB
01-06-2008, 09:46 PM
It really was great seeing everyone today! :D Not one to make it out of WoD empty-handed :blush:, I will confess that most of what I bought was for other people.

Looking forward to our next meet! Before we know it, it will be summer. Not wishing away any time, but it's crazy how fast time flies (does this mean I'm having fun? ;))

tinksmom02
01-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks for letting me join in on the meet! I was so happy to meet everyone and get a little Disney fix, as well!

:mickey:

Jared
01-06-2008, 10:08 PM
To everyone who came today, I had a wonderful time. I'm already looking forward to our next meet in the summer.

prprincess
01-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Sorry I missed it! I have yet to meet any Intercotees in person. But after RSVPing that I couldn't go because DS#2 was sick, I started to feel it--I'm miserable today!

Glad to hear you had a great time!!

Beach Club Babe
01-07-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm glad you all had a great time! I was so looking forward to it, but I just had to go and get sick! I will absolutely be there for the next one!

grego77
01-12-2008, 04:06 PM
I had a GREAT time meeting/seeing you all again. Just got back from UT, and I had a great time.

Hope to see some of you at my New England Meet Feb 16th (Sat) in Auburn, MA. Kathy's CT meet will most likely be March 15th (Sat).

conorsmom2000
01-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Wow, I really need to check the meets board more often!! :( :blush: So sorry to have missed this, but I'm so glad you all had a great time! :mickey: