PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella Castle Lights [Merged Threads]

SnowWhite79
11-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Hi everybody,

I will be heading to The World this coming weekend with my family. I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the Christmas lights on Cinderella Castle will be lit up in the evenings when we are there? I've heard some people say it will only be during the MVMCP and others say every night, so I wanted to check and see if anyone who has been in the last few days knows for sure which it is? I'm hoping it's each night so we can see them. Please let me know asap! Thanks in advance for the info!

SnowWhite79

PirateLover
11-05-2007, 12:28 PM
I don't know 100% for sure if this is still the case, but I know that they were originally marketed as a perk for MVMCP only.

jpH/keD
11-05-2007, 01:42 PM
I only saw a pic the other day! It looks breath-taking! I cannot wait to see it in person! We leave in 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll let you know soon!!!!! We are going for the MVMCP on Nov 16th so I hope they are on for that! :party:

SurferStitch
11-05-2007, 03:27 PM
From what I've read it's only for MVMCP. I would wager that they will be on every night after the MVMCP stops for the rest of the holiday.

I saw a couple pics of it on the internet (during test phases), and it is gorgeous!! Can't wait to see it in person.

:stitch:30 days to go!!! :stitch:

Sunshine1010
11-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Can anyone get a more definitive answer?

I'll be at WDW on Jan. 2-12. Is there ANY chance that they will still be up?

For example - the Osborne Lights will be up until Jan. 6th....any news about the castle's lights?

FlaTinkRAMESAM
11-05-2007, 03:59 PM
The lights are physically on the castle... however, we were there last night and they weren't actually lit... you can just tell they are on there. I think it is for MVMCP only...

I heart the Epcot Christmas tree, especially at night... very sparkly!

McGoofy
11-05-2007, 04:33 PM
I was just there this past week. As the previous poster said, the lights are physically on the castle. You don't see them from afar, so it is not affecting the look of the castle. However, if you get closer to the castle, you'll notice massive numbers of strands of lights hanging from the castle. Currently, they are not lighting it at night. I also believe that this is only for the MVMCP. Just from seeing in the daytime how many lights were on the castle, I can't wait to see it all lit up. I'm glad I'm not paying that electric bill!!;)

SnowWhite79
11-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Well, thank you all for your replies. I will be there this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I was really hoping to see the castle lit up, but I guess we'll have to save that for another time during this season while they are still up. I appreciate all your responses. Have a great evening!

SnowWhite79

jrpersinger
11-05-2007, 07:41 PM
*Treadjacking*

Could someone PM me the link, if you got it, of the pics you have seen online. I would LOVE to see them!

TIA!

Sunshine1010
11-05-2007, 09:35 PM
.....me too!!!!!

deebee29
11-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Me too please! I'd love to see what it looks like!

Wannagoback
11-06-2007, 10:59 PM
I just did a google search for 'Cinderella Castle lights" and found links on the first page.

Tinkermom
11-09-2007, 09:31 AM
From Figment's Tidbits:

A Castle Christmas

11/7/07 Entertainment Cast have reported that the Castle Dreamlights (lighting of Cinderella Castle) is scheduled to have its Grand Debut November 12, 2007. Although it has yet to be publicly announced, Entertainment Cast have also reported that the show is scheduled to be held nightly during regular park hours during the Holiday Season. So far, public announcements have only referenced it as a highlight of the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party.

Here is the link to the above thread:
A Castle Christmas (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=119863)
Looks like the castle will be lit up nightly! We do not head down there until February so those of you who go please take some photos and post them! :photo:

Strmchsr
11-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Screamscape has a new shot of the castle looking at it down main street. Gorgeous!

Tinkermom
11-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Screamscape has a new shot of the castle looking at it down main street. Gorgeous!

Oh my gosh! That is AMAZING! :thumbsup::thumbsup: It makes me wonder why they have not decorated the castle like this before. It enhances the castle rather than detracting from it as many other decorations have in the past (think pink cake). Man, I wish we could see it in person.

Strmchsr
11-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Man, I wish we could see it in person.

Lisa, I'll be sure to take a long hard look at it for you on Nov 27 and you can live vicariously through me. :D

Tinkermom
11-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Lisa, I'll be sure to take a long hard look at it for you on Nov 27 and you can live vicariously through me. :D

Gee, thanks Chris! :razz:

You are going at a fabulous time. We went after Thanksgiving one year (just DH and I) and it was so wonderful. You better take lots of pictures of that castle! Have a great trip!

SurferStitch
11-09-2007, 01:27 PM

That picture is now my wallpaper on my computer here at work. Really gets me in the mood for our trip next month.

:tree::deer::santa3:26 days to go!!!!!:santa3::deer::tree:

mickeys_princess_mom
11-12-2007, 10:40 AM
When I pulled up Intercot today I was blown away! How gorgeous the castle is! I will probably just faint away when I actually see it in person! :faint: :cloud9:

ADevereaux
11-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Me too! I'll be there on December 8th! Can't wait!!! :mickey:

FenwayGirl
11-12-2007, 11:55 AM
When do the lights come down???

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-12-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure when they are coming down but I know it will be after Jan 1st.

The lights will be light up every night, for both MVMCP and regular evenings. It is also featured in Wishes, which will be held at 6pm on nights when there is MVMCP.

They look amazing.

pjj
11-12-2007, 10:49 PM
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1471632#post1471632

Sorry, I'm new to answering on this site.

See the attached article and the lights just started tonight and will be lit every night at a show at 5:45 on the castle stage. :mickey:

ronandjulie
11-13-2007, 12:04 AM
We just saw the lights on Cinderalla Castle this past Sunday and it is absolutley amazing!!!!! It's one of those temporary changes that I wish would become permanent!!!

Bringonthemouse!
11-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Absolutely Gorgeous!!!
I can't wait to surprise my DD on our first night there with the castle lighting ceremony. I'm very certain she will be blown away and myself, probably a little misty eyed:crying:

21 more sleeps, I can't wait!
:mickey:

disneymom15
11-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Wondering when is the last lighting of the holiday castle? I heard Jan. 6. Can anyone confirm this?

BeccaO
11-14-2007, 09:28 AM
I hope we get to see the castle decorated like this, we arrive on Jan. 10th, but I'm not gonna hold my breath!!!!! Oh sooooo awesome!!!!

kdsjjb
11-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Go check youtube and search CinderellasCastle Lights. The first clip is of the show and the lighting of the castle. Absolutely amazing. I hope they do this again next year.

Sunshine1010
11-14-2007, 10:28 AM
On YouTube, someone has posted the new castle lights being turned on for the first time.

It's beautiful.

T--
11-14-2007, 10:37 AM
can you link it?

TheDuckRocks
11-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Just go to youtube and search for "First Cinderella Castle Lighting at Walt Disney World Nov 07"
Thank you to the OP this is just beautiful.

mouseketeer mom
11-14-2007, 11:05 AM
That was beautiful! It made me cry!

Jeri Lynn
11-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Does anyone know if they will be having a "castle lighting ceremony" each night in the Magic Kingdom? If so, when will it take place?

krose78
11-14-2007, 11:10 AM
That was so beautiful.

buzznwoodysmom
11-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Mouseketeer Mom,
I cried too! I actually watched it on youtube earlier today. We leave tomorrow and I was having trouble getting motivated to finish up our packing. Watching a few disney videos on youtube did the trick. I can not wait to see the castle all lit up on Friday night!!!!!!!

Rodders
11-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Well, I'm a grown man and it still sent shivers down my spine. It is simply stunning.

Hmm, I need to plan another December trip :mickey:

SurferStitch
11-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Does anyone know if they will be having a "castle lighting ceremony" each night in the Magic Kingdom? If so, when will it take place?

I read that it will be at 5:45 each night....not just on MVMCP nights.

That video was incredible. Only 3 weeks to go!!! :santa3:

SgtTigger
11-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Mouseketeer Mom,
I cried too! I actually watched it on youtube earlier today. We leave tomorrow and I was having trouble getting motivated to finish up our packing. Watching a few disney videos on youtube did the trick. I can not wait to see the castle all lit up on Friday night!!!!!!!

come on Denise..... I cant wait I only got 2 hours 50 minutes till we get on the road.......

I cant wait....... Maybe we will even get to watch it together......

:cop: :tigger:

buzznwoodysmom
11-14-2007, 03:10 PM
come on Denise..... I cant wait I only got 2 hours 50 minutes till we get on the road.......

I cant wait....... Maybe we will even get to watch it together......

:cop: :tigger:

Sounds like a plan. We leave tomorrow at around noon! Have a safe trip!

stephntampa
11-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Me and my family were there on Tuesday and they had a show prior to turning on the lights. The show feautured Cinderella, Prince Charming, and her fairy godmother.. We didn't catch the whole thing, but what we saw was the fairy godmother asking Cinderella how she wanted to decorate the castle, then making her "wish" come true. The fairy godmother was standing on a balcony in the castle, Cindy and Prince were down on a stage. They lit each area individually until the castle was completely illuminated. It was so incredibly beautiful!!

Here we go again...
11-14-2007, 03:33 PM
OMG... that had me in tears. It was absolutely beautiful!!! :cloud9:
Now how am I going to talk Bobby into a trip before Christmas so I can see those lights in person???? :confused:

amorillo
11-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Yeah.. just watching that video made me cry too! I really need to plan a trip during the holiday season one year!

disneydrmr
11-14-2007, 03:46 PM
WOW! THAT is something to see! If it's that beautiful on video imagine what it looks like in 'real' life! WOW!

RedheadWriter
11-14-2007, 03:51 PM
:santa3:SO Beautiful! Yes, tears came to my eyes, too.
Thanks for letting us know about this video!
Rachel

caryrae
11-14-2007, 03:51 PM
nah, the pepto bismol castle is still the best.:doh::crazy: lol

scottgr
11-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Thats so cool

Goofy Pluto
11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
I won't watch the video because I'd like to see it for myself the first time, but I did see a still picture of the castle all lit up... OMG!!!! It's amazingly gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in person!

Fallendroplet
11-14-2007, 03:58 PM
That was so incredible to watch!! I can't wait to go see it in person!! Maybe this weekend? Just have to convice DH that he wants to go too... :santa3:

TheRustyScupper
11-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Well, I'm a grown man and it still sent shivers down my spine. It
is simply stunning.

1) I am glad some GUY mentioned it first.
2) I felt the same way.

Dsnygirl
11-14-2007, 04:43 PM
:mickey: sigh... that was wonderful. Thanks so much for letting us know... makes waiting another year SO hard, though!! :tree: I sure hope they do it again next Christmas!! :thumbsup:

tink'72
11-14-2007, 04:45 PM
That was so beautiful!

Aurora
11-14-2007, 05:17 PM
All choked up here too. Wow. How did they DO that???? Amazing.

PirateLover
11-14-2007, 05:18 PM
o...m...g.... tears streaming down my face. We will be at MVMCP in 17 days but we won't get to see the lighting ceremony that day. We MUST catch it on another night. :thumbsup::santa:

mouseaddict
11-14-2007, 05:27 PM
We were just there and saw the lights last night..absolutely spectacular! Looks like some kind of netting that they have draped onto the castle. We were laughing tho..can you imagine being the guy who has to check for that one light that goes out??? Also..I can't rememeber if it has always been this way, but the tree was up beside the castle this year. I seem to remember it being on Main Street at the entrance...

mrsgaribaldi
11-14-2007, 06:26 PM
That was beautiful. I hope we get to go in Dec:mickey:

PeterPan
11-14-2007, 06:50 PM
I sure hope the lights are still there on January 7 when I arrive! They look SPECTACULAR!!!

Magic Smiles
11-14-2007, 07:12 PM
We leave in 20 days 11 hours and I refuse to look at any pictures of Disney all decked out in the holiday wear. I want to see it for the first time in person. Does any one know how hard it has been not to view any of the Christmas decorations? Even my DH keeps trying to show me pictures. Now this wonderful castle that I keep hearing about. It is driving me crazy. Can I last?

JuicyMoose17
11-14-2007, 07:15 PM
way cool.

mickey&missy
11-14-2007, 07:21 PM
I actually saw it on YouTube yesterday. Its absolutely stunning!!!

Cinderella's mom
11-14-2007, 07:32 PM
We will be there the first of January and hope they are still up!

Davyjones
11-14-2007, 07:55 PM
That was amazing!!!!!! I'm glad you told us about it because I would have never seen it! Makes me wish I was at WDW to see it this year. I probably would cry if I saw it in person. Not that I wasn't tearing up sitting in front of my computer. ;)

Thanks for telling us about the Youtube link!!!! :thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
11-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Wow.... that was spectacular (could have done without the pre-show though, that was just okay)

BelleandtheBeast
11-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Bookmarking this thread so that I can watch it later. I can't wait to see it but I need to get my son to bed. :groom:

MinnieMommie
11-14-2007, 08:42 PM
That was so awesome to watch. Wish I were there. :mickey:

lin555593
11-14-2007, 08:45 PM
It was awsome:number1: I can't wait to see it in 3 wks.:thumbsup:

Disneypixie513
11-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Wow..That almost made me tear up..It choked me up though..Absolutely stunning..My mom watched it with me and she wants to go so bad now..But she said maybe next year..Incredible :cloud9:

McGoofy
11-14-2007, 09:13 PM
I won't watch the video because I'd like to see it for myself the first time, but I did see a still picture of the castle all lit up... OMG!!!! It's amazingly gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in person!

I thought the very same thing at first, but I wasn't disciplined enough!!;) I watched it and loved it! Although, it will definitely be much better in person. My DS9 and I watched it together, and he started clapping when it was over!:) That was so amazing. Thank you to the OP for letting us know that had been posted to You Tube!:mickey:

WDWfanatic742
11-14-2007, 09:14 PM
As far as I remember, there hasn't been an official date said yet, but if it's anything like other holiday decorations, they should be down anywhere between the first or second week of January.

TikiGoddess
11-14-2007, 09:16 PM
WOW.

That is absolutely beautiful! A much better idea than a birthday cake. :D

TikiG

Rodders
11-15-2007, 04:41 AM
1) I am glad some GUY mentioned it first.
2) I felt the same way.

It's good to be in touch with your Disney side :blush: :mickey:

SpecJoe Magic
11-15-2007, 05:22 AM
That is awe-inspiring!:mickey: It made me :).

mrsgaribaldi
11-15-2007, 06:06 AM
We went last year Jan 6 and I believe that was the last day of the Osbourne Lights, maybe it was the 7th but around there. I would think they would do the castle around the same time.
I'm sure they will still be there on New Years Day:mickey:

Bethis26fan
11-15-2007, 08:43 AM
WOW, and to think this is the first thing we will get to see when we start our trip on the sunday the 25th. That is so awesome. Thanks for posting the link.

sneezyone
11-15-2007, 01:08 PM
that was so amazing I got all teary. I wish I could be there now.

Alas...I have to wait until ESPN The Weekend the last weekend of Feb/First of March...

Main Street Jim
11-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Ok...so most of y'all know me and how passionate I am about my parks..."leaving things alone", as it were. Don't mess with the icons (I'm glad the wand is down from Spaceship Earth). I thought it was a shame that the "Dream Suite" was put in there. It's REALLY a shame that they took away the King's Gallery for a BBB thingie. The "mirror" that was on the Castle for the 50th? *BLAH* :ack: The abomnination of the Pepto Bismol Castle for the 25th - and y'all know what I'm talking about. And when Donna, my girlfriend, told me about what they were doing to the Castle, I was like...<sigh...> :mad:"What are they messing with now?" :mad:
So we went to the park this past Thursday, and the "netting" for the lights is not all that intrusive as I thought it would be. So we got to the Castle at about 5:30ish and waited....the show? It's hilarious, with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy all arguing over what should go on the Castle. FG comes out and says, "Ya know, Cindy should decide, since it's HER place!" So out comes Cinderella, and WHHOOOOOSH! The "ice" covers the Castle! Now, I've seen some "stuff" that'd been put up over the years that made me cringe (the "birthday cake" and the 50th "mirror" come to mind), but the Castle is *ABSOLUTELY* BEAUTIFUL with the new layover! I just wish I had a way to post my pics, especially of Wishes! I had tears in *my* eyes just about! I was blown away - MK Lighting and Decorating had finally done something I like! ;) :P

EveryFiveYearsorso
11-17-2007, 10:25 PM
I got in to MK last Tuesday night via a former R&S Engineer and his wife (still works at TD). I had not even heard about the lights up until that point. My 1st impression is the same as everyone else's - WOW! I was told that this is probably a 6 week stay for the lights but I would have absolutely no qualms with this being a permanent fixture.

Wishing Star
11-18-2007, 10:36 AM
I took three of my sons on a special daytrip yesterday to the Magic Kingdom just so we could see the castle lights. We had an amazing day but seeing those lights and being there to hear the gasps from the crowd was pure magic. This is an experience we will always remember. :cloud9:

WDWfeelslikehome
11-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Not sure if anyone else has posted this yet, so I thought I would share. :secret:
I just found these two postings on youtube of the current Winter Holiday Castle Lighting ceremonies in WDW and DL.

Enjoy. :mickey:

Cinderella's Castle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DS0AE3vTwA

Sleeping Beauty's Castle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR3Yrq4y37k&feature=related

tinkerbell04
11-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Stunning...can't wait to see it for myself! 17 days:mickey:

laward32
11-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Awesome, wish I hadn't just been, so I could go now and see this in person.:mickey:

CaptSmee
11-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Can't wait to see it exactly 2 weeks from today!:mickey:

ToDisney
11-28-2007, 10:55 PM
So does the Castle Light up with the beautiful Christmas Lights every night??
I know it was originally announced as a MVMCP special but since then I thought I've heard it could possible be each night. Has anyone been that can tell me?
:mickey:

CantonMichigan
11-28-2007, 11:41 PM
I was there tonight and the castle was lit up like a Ice Cathedral. Absolutely beautiful.

I'm not sure if this was a MVMCP night or not, but they were lit up at dusk and we left at 8:00.

pennsy22
11-29-2007, 12:35 AM
We were just there and saw the lights last night..absolutely spectacular! Looks like some kind of netting that they have draped onto the castle. We were laughing tho..can you imagine being the guy who has to check for that one light that goes out??? Also..I can't remember if it has always been this way, but the tree was up beside the castle this year. I seem to remember it being on Main Street at the entrance...

Yes, the tree was moved this year. :tree:It's now between the Castle and Tomorrowland. We went on Thanksgiving :turkey:and had our picture taken in front of the tree and Castle :photo: and made it into our Christmas card for this year. I was blown away and pleasantly surprised. I was like some of the other posters and feared that they would "mess up" the Castle again.:whew:

AdventurerKim
12-01-2007, 09:06 PM
The castle is gorgeous with the "ice" lights and the changing colored lights! Our pictures from Thanksgiving week look awesome! :thumbsup:

Main Street Jim
12-02-2007, 07:29 AM
Well, the tree is only up in the Hub area until after the parade tapings are done. Then it will get moved to its *real* home in Town Square. I'm in the park this morning (Sun, Dec 2), so I'll let y'all know if it's back yet. ;)

PlutoToo
12-02-2007, 10:07 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:The castle was absolutely beautiful. I know last year the tree started out between the castle and tomorrowland, but moved to the entry hub after all the Christmas parade taping was finished. Maybe it's the same htis year?

cal5755
12-05-2007, 11:17 PM
We loved the lights on the Castle.... it was amazing with the snow on main street and the breathtaking view of the castle!!!

squijee
12-12-2007, 09:01 AM
We are going down on New Year's Eve and was wondering if the castle will be lit up for New Year's Day or is this just at MVMCP...:confused::party::mickey:

stephntampa
12-12-2007, 09:26 AM
The castle is lit every night :mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
12-12-2007, 09:55 AM
We have never been @ Christmas before and are considering going next year. Could someone tell me if the castle lights are lit up each night or just during the MVMCP. Also when does Magic Kingdom first show the decorations for Christmas. Thanks for the help.

Strmchsr
12-12-2007, 11:19 AM
The castle is lit up every night this year. I stress this year because the lights were new this year. There's no word on if they'll be around next year. I assume they would be, but sometimes Disney only does 1 year things.

As for decorations, they start going up Nov 1 and are mostly up by mid November when the first MVMCP starts.

King Triton
12-12-2007, 11:57 AM
I had thought the lights were MVMCP only...did that change?

Strmchsr
12-12-2007, 12:04 PM
The lighting happens at 6:00 pm. The party doesn't happen until 7:00 pm, so even on party nights everyone can see the castle lit up.

laward32
12-12-2007, 03:18 PM
We were there Oct 26-Nov 2 and MGM put up their decorations on Wed Oct 31 and when we went to Epcot on Nov 1 they had there's up also. MK didn't because the last MNSSHP was Nov 2.:mickey:

lindique
12-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Also, there is a "castle-lighting" ceremony every night. It was at 5:45 last week when I was there, but I suspect that changes along with sunset. It's kind of cute to watch.

SunnyLee
12-12-2007, 06:15 PM
I am soooooo sure that this has been asked and answered a bjillion times but....how long are those Castle Lights going to stay up? I am coming for 5 days to run the Disney Marathon...and I have heard of the castle's amazing-bring-a-tear-to-your-eye lights and I am DYING to see them!!!!!

Minnie4me
12-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Does anyone know what time they turn the Castle lights on?

Thanks!

PirateLover
12-13-2007, 09:01 AM
There is a little show in front of the castle at 5:45 each night...

TheRustyScupper
12-13-2007, 11:16 AM
1) The lights go on at 6:00pm.
2) The party doesn't start until 7:00pm.
3) Thus, the lights are not alone for the party.

lindique
12-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Does anyone know what time they turn the Castle lights on?

Thanks!
You might want to check your entertainment schedule or with a cast member when you're actually at the park. They Castle-lighting show was at 5:45 PM last week, but I imagine that changes along with the sunset.