PDA

View Full Version : Barber Shop in MK

BRJARE3
11-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Hi. Does anyone know how expensive it is to get their hair cut at the Barber Shop on Main St? My husband and my son would be getting their hair cut and I was not sure how much it would cost. My son is 2. Also, do you need a reservation? Thanks for all your help.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Hi. Does anyone know how expensive it is to get their hair cut at the Barber Shop on Main St? My husband and my son would be getting their hair cut and I was not sure how much it would cost. My son is 2. Also, do you need a reservation? Thanks for all your help.:) They do not take reservations, its first come first serve. The last I saw on prices was around $16.

CanadianWDWFan
11-05-2007, 09:31 AM
$14 for kids and $17 for adults.

This is a must do for our boys. They really do enjoy getting a hair cut at MK.

We have been lucky most of the time with little or no wait. Though once we did wait for 45 minutes. They only have two chairs and really do it up for the kids, or adults for that matter.:D

ElenitaB
11-05-2007, 09:45 AM
The wait times have gotten a lot better now that the girls have someplace special to go to get all dolled up! It used to be a bit frustrating but now the BBB "salons" are available for the little princesses.

ibrowse17
11-05-2007, 12:01 PM
It was about the same as I pay at home, under $20 with tip. I really enjoyed the experience:thumbsup:

KatGat
11-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Last Nov. we waited over 2 hrs for my toddler to get a haircut. That was a tough wait...but worth it!

Goofy Pluto
11-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Is there a best time to go so the wait isn't too long?

BRJARE3
11-05-2007, 03:20 PM
WOW. Some of our barber shops here are more expensive than that. Great prices! Thanks.

CanadianWDWFan
11-05-2007, 04:06 PM
We usually go once we enter the park first thing in the morning.

illini
11-06-2007, 09:03 AM

We went on an EMH morning and got to the barber shop about 10 minutes before regular park opening. We were first in line. It worked perfectly! By the time my DD was in the chair, there was a line of about 7 people already. Yikes!

catsmommy555
11-06-2007, 10:06 AM
We took our daughter there for her first hair cut, not only was it free but they wrapped up some of her hair with mickey confetti, gave her a certificate and also mickey ear hat with first haircut on the back and the whole thing didn't cost me a thing except a course a tip for their wonderful service. We went there right around lunch time and we only had to wait for 1 other person getting their hair cut.

brogan54
11-06-2007, 10:45 PM
dh had his done this last sept it was 17.00 and with the tip we paid 20.00 he loved it we had a wait of about 45 mins or so .:mickey:

Goofy Pluto
11-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Anyone who has had a haircut there, any comments about your satisfaction with it? Do they do a good job?

illini
11-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Anyone who has had a haircut there, any comments about your satisfaction with it? Do they do a good job?

They actually cut both my DDs hair and it came out wonderfully. Of course, it was just a straight across cut on long hair. You'd be amazed how often that can be messed up, though!

crazypoohbear
11-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Both my son's have gotten their hair cut at the Barber shop. My youngest now brings a picture of Michael cutting his hair and the picture of the "finished product" so his regular hair dresser can cut it "the disney way"
I personally think the haircuts they get at Disney are the best they have ever had.
It is well worth the money and the wait.
We usually go as soon as we land in Orlando!

snowflakegirl
11-08-2007, 08:07 AM
DH got his haircut there on our last trip ... he still says it was his best haircut ever, and this was three years ago! And I enjoyed it because the person cutting his hair hammed it up for me and my camera, including sprinkling Mickey Conffetti in DH's hair :mickey:. We went first thing when we got into the parks and had about a twenty minute wait total.

Matt's Dad
11-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks, didn't know this was available. My youngest son is Autistic, 6 year old. Used to hate haircuts, but now .... he LOVES them. Every time we drive by the mall where he gets his haircut, he says "haircut, haircut" and wants to go.

Next time we are at Disney, we will get him a special haircut. Thanks for the idea.

ResQRanger82
11-11-2007, 08:30 PM
I actually was there last weekend and thought that I got a very nice cut and good conversation. The price was $17 and I just gave the barber a $20. Perhaps a little more than your run-of-the-mill chain, but the Disney magic is always worth a few extra dollars. I was there when they first opened and still had to wait a little while, but it was no big deal. I even had a little pixie dust sprinkled on my hair - very becoming for a guy in his mid-20's. I certainly got some funny looks, and a few compliments! :cool:

browneyedgirl12
11-11-2007, 09:40 PM

It was awesome. My brother and my dad got their haircuts there las time we went. For my brother they molded his hair into a mohawk putorange gel in hs mohawk and then they put an orange mickey on the back of his head and it didn't cost us a dime extra. Also it made my brother easier to find in crowds. lol.

I really do think most of the people at Disney try to go abovee and beyond and when they do it puts a smile on a lot of peopes faces. Aw man I wish I was there now!!:mickey:

MinnieMommie
11-12-2007, 11:24 AM
As you can see from other posts the cost is very affordable. This is a wonderful experience that I highly recommend. You will get a good cut and also a great memory. The barbers are very good about posing for pictures and making time during the cutting so you can get a few good ones. It is a walk in thing and sometimes it's more crowded than others. Just go back later if it is too crowded for you when you first try. We don't usually have a problem with this. :mickey:

becbec
11-12-2007, 03:25 PM
I must echo the other who said the haircuts are are the highest quality. My son, age 7 at the time, got his haircut there 2 years ago. I still refer to it as "the best cut he ever had". Sometimes there can be a wait, but we thought it was well worth it, in terms of the good cut, and the fun experience!

McGoofy
11-12-2007, 03:49 PM
My son LOVES to get his haircut here. A guy named Mike is often there and has done many of my son's haircuts. He has been there for many, many years. The price is about the same as what we pay here at home, and the quality is just as good if not better. We were just at Disney a little over a week ago for Halloween week. My son (9y.o) had not had a haircut since August, and he was starting to get pretty shaggy. He begged us to please let him wait until we went to Disney to get his haircut! So that's what we did. He was so excited about that. My DH got one too. You can see their photos if you go to my Day 1 and 2 trip reports. Unfortunately, on the day that they went, it was rainy. The barber shop won't do colored gel for the cool Mickey designs that they normally do if it is raining. They did do the pixie dust/Mickey sprinkles though. (The gel and sprinkles is all included in the price.)

PeterPansMagic
11-17-2007, 02:02 AM
Can an adult female get her hair cut here? If so, is it the same cost as it is for males?:mickey:

Mackflava99
11-23-2007, 03:33 PM
BUT- i have gone to the barber shop at the beach club a few times and its been reasonable and very good

dreamofspain
12-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Ditto that it's a great experience. I also got one of my best haircuts ever-a "bob" but that isn't always so easy to do correctly. It went under nicely and lasted a long time! I also had sparkles put in-I think Heather did mine! HIGHLY recommend!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

thejens
12-04-2007, 11:06 PM
We headed in mid morning and only waited for about 20 minutes. My boys DS9 and DS3 loved it. DS3 didn't want his hair cut but I wanted it trimmed in the back (it was getting long) so the stylist told him to lean forward she had to comb it out straight before she could put the blue paint and sparkly mickeys in. He didn't even know she was cutting it. Then she only wanted to charge me 4 dollars when honestly he was more trouble than most insisting that she not cut his hair! My 9 yr old was excited to have a red mohawk (or the closest to having one he'll get!)