PDA

View Full Version : ok so its the disney studios now...but...

thefunkypurplegirl
11-04-2007, 10:49 PM
and well no biggie on the name change-after all they changed EPCOT center to good ol' epcot...

the potential issue comes with the lisence loss and the decision to move from its current "hooray for hollywood" golden age theme to a "current" hollywood theme...(as stated in recent press conference)

i dont know, mayb im the 17 yr old exception to the rule...but id rather have buster keaton, gene kelly, and humphrey bogart over what ever else hollywood has been so thoughtful to dump on the public within the past 5 yrs (keep indiana jones a triology kind of fan just thinking aloud :thumbsup: )

and may the Dear Lord stop any more intrusion from the HSM franchise-it is not hollywood, nor is it even broadway-its just a travesty 2 the art of music and filmaking :sick:

back 2 the main pt...as they have moved epcot away from the education/futuristic progress theme and now there going after mgm...

at first my reaction was "cool, more rides..." but the more i thought, the more rides/ attections mayb replaced:

the great movie ride-my all time fave ride at mgm, already covered up by the big ol mickey hat, has already had some contractional issues...i just hope and pray they dont take it out-its a great ride, an 4 kids who never seen those movies b4, its an experience (as it was 4 me :) )

all the movie history stuff-the end of the backlot tour,all the restaurant throw backs to bygone eras (40's horror movies, 50's tv shows, the brown derby) the lil shops on hollywood blvd and sunset blvd (if they rename the keystone klothes store-ill def b bummed), and just all those lil movie mentions that make the park FUN for movie buffs

just this last wknd i got to go (my last visit b4 they change the name!) and i got the biggest thrill out of walking into the villians store on sunset blvd and upon happening to look up at sum decorations, i found a poster for buster keaton's sidewalks of new york...needless to say i filmed it, i photographed it, and had a good laugh about finding that old mgm poster...but i cant b the only person enjoying the whole nostalgic hide and seek? or could i? it wouldnt b the first ><

mayb im looking 2 much in2 this, but after they've taken so much away from epcot, i dread what they can do 2 the stuios...

thoughts?

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
11-05-2007, 01:28 AM
i dont know, mayb im the 17 yr old exception to the rule...but id rather have buster keaton, gene kelly, and humphrey bogart over what ever else hollywood has been so thoughtful to dump on the public within the past 5 yrs

thoughts?

Yeah...geez could you imagine a CM dressed as Brad Pitt walking around? Or a CM as Paris Hilton? Or Samuel L Jackson? :ack::ack::ack:

Chris :hatter:

kelly.garrett
11-05-2007, 02:03 AM
i dont know, mayb im the 17 yr old exception to the rule...but id rather have buster keaton, gene kelly, and humphrey bogart over what ever else hollywood has been so thoughtful to dump on the public within the past 5 yrs

I'm 18, and I agree completely. Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Ginger Rogers, and Lucille Ball are a few of my heroes! :) I hope the park doesn't change too much!

thefunkypurplegirl
11-05-2007, 02:25 AM
Yeah...geez could you imagine a CM dressed as Brad Pitt walking around? Or a CM as Paris Hilton? Or Samuel L Jackson? :ack::ack::ack:

its a step closer 2 theme park [edited per TOS] -but hopefully itll nvr sink that low...

:sick:

thefunkypurplegirl
11-05-2007, 02:29 AM
I'm 18, and I agree completely. Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Ginger Rogers, and Lucille Ball are a few of my heroes! :) I hope the park doesn't change too much!

heck ya...they make loads better entertainment than whatever the media labels "entertainment" (lol politcal youtube debate)

idk theres sumthing more "magical" in a bygone era than say the present-thats a commonplace, its everywhere outside the parks...now tell me, where else can u stroll down hollywood sets, see vintge advertisements and even have ppl walk around in their 1940's regalia on a daily basis?

not too many other places, which is y mgm disney should stay classy :cool:

SurferStitch
11-05-2007, 06:45 AM
Wow....

The OP is half my age, but sounds exactly like me when I was 17 (and now).

I totally agree.....classic Hollywood is much more entertaining than current day. I also hope the Disney Studios doesn't change too much. More attractions and rides would be nice, but I hope they keep the classic Hollywood feel throughout the park.

TwilightZoneCreeper
11-25-2007, 11:04 PM

I think i would cry if i saw a CM walking around as Paris Hilton. I hope they do not do too much to the old hollywood feel.
:(

PixieChick
11-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Definitely old Hollywood. I love the movie clips from the Great Movie Ride. What are they changing about that ride? I hope not Dorothy, or Gene Kelly! Oh, and as a mother of 2 tween girls, I have had enough HSM for a lifetime! One little pep-rally is not so bad, but please no more than that.

#1donaldfan
11-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I'd say keep it as is, to an extent.....add a few new rides / attractions....don't, please don't, take away what's already there.....:thumbsup:

Jasper
11-26-2007, 01:51 PM

Well, at least by doing some of the female actors of today they could save a lot of money on the cost of costumes because they wear so little. (I know she is not an actor, but think Brit Spears kind of females)

TheRustyScupper
11-26-2007, 04:11 PM
. . . i dont know, mayb im the 17 yr old exception to the rule...but id rather have buster keaton, gene kelly, and humphrey bogart over what ever else hollywood has been so thoughtful to dump on the public within the past 5 yrs . . .

1) Yep.
2) Ever hear much about their bad behavior?
3) They didn't end up in rehab or do hit-and-run.
4) Even Disney "stars" are in trouble.
5) Hollywood is just not responsible.
6) The old studio "contract system" kept actors straight.
7) So much for the old days.